Be Lucas

>Be Lucas
>Create a Flash Gordon spinoff that becomes widely successful and influenced cinema for decades
>Hate what beloved fans are doing with your franchise (even if they do a better job at doing it than you) and sell your profits to disney to save you $100M in tax returns to the IRS due to Bush Administration era tax cuts
>Have Disney ruin your franchise without you giving a care to the world
>etc.

Seriously, what the fuck is this guy's problem. Aside from most of Legends being trash and Disney being shit altogether, what's wrong with people actually expanding on his story and doing a well enough job with it than what HE was supposed to.

Like, look at the autism reverberating amongst the fanbase even today when you have people like these talking about what it means for him not to give a crap about his moneymaking franchise:

youtube.com/watch?v=3856AJ8cGh0&ab_channel=SuspectInsight

Attached: George_Lucas_cropped_2009.jpg (604x797, 143.45K)

Childhood is idolizing George Lucas
Adulthood is idolizing 80s Flash Gordon movie with soundtrack by Queen

Attached: 6410953_so.jpg (1520x1761, 2.54M)

did a better one handed cartwheel while shooting that the matrix that ripped it off a fifth of a century later

He finished what he started and wanted to retire.
And with how rabid fans of SW are, I can't blame him for wanting to wash his hands of the franchise. Maybe he regrets it now, but if you ask me, I'm glad he isn't free to fuck around with the films anymore. I wish Disney would release the OT without all his weird edits already.

I think you'd have to be deeply stupid to think Lucas didn't care about Star Wars.

I think you'd have to be stupid to think he did.

>Be OP
>pleb
>believe the jewish lies
>"It's flash gordon"
>see pic rel
>realize it's actually been valerian all along.
Read the comics, a lot of the stuff is lifted straight out off the pages, the new star wars stuff even.

Attached: 4plebs.jpg (1600x1063, 380.25K)

Wouldn't have created the Ewoks and and the prequels if he cared one bit

>even if they do a better job at doing it than you)
When? Literally no non-Lucas Star Wars media has ever been good

>When? Literally no non-Lucas Star Wars media has ever been good
What about Chad Vader?

?

The prequel trilogy were bad movies and it's not my problem that having that pointed out causes you physical pain.

Attached: 1658535986695.jpg (1500x1000, 253.42K)

You didn't deserve ol Jorje

Attached: 1625591822345.jpg (2780x1156, 1.36M)

>?
he doesn't know.

Do you know the amygdala wince? That tight convulsion of the face where the eyes squeeze nearly shut, and the mouth pulls back into a wide, strained grimace, only briefly, and then passes with the pain shoved back behind the mask, only to emerge again later when the moment is recalled.

This is the expression people make when they suffer ego death, such as from:
>embarrassing oneself in public (social faux pas, shaking hands when you're too sweaty, trying to talk and blowing a snot bubble, etc)
>completely failing a sports play/demonstration of physical ability
>losing a debate or making an argument that gets overwhelming thrashed in front of the crowd
>having bad movies you liked rightfully criticized and realizing you're burning away your life's candle trying to irrationally defend them when you only liked them for nostalgia/tribal reasons

Attached: 1653992807099.jpg (590x491, 38.05K)

>>losing a debate or making an argument that gets overwhelming thrashed in front of the crowd
You must be very familiar with this one

I watch a great deal of debates and have even moderated a few in my time, it's something you do see quite a bit when people with disingenuous arguments get publicly vivisected. Sam Harris has been going through this a lot lately as his ideological persona breaks down. Cognitive dissonance is a bitch.

Unfathomably based. Made his art and sold the leftover canvas and paint to Disney for a king's ransom. Had his cake and ate it too. In Hollywood of all places.

>Hate what beloved fans are doing
>sell your profits
I hate stupid people

>Have Disney ruin your franchise
What do you mean ruin? The Disney movies are EXACTLY what the people who hated the Prequels were asking for
You wanted your 1:1 remake of the original, and you got it. Eat your slop and be thankful

FPBP

imagine spending three decades of your life developing the equivalent of an epic poem in the form of cinema, resulting in a set of films that essentialy work as the biggest homage to film history ever made, made up of a ridiculously intricate network of quotes and references that work towards fleshing out a universal story that's as old as time, only to have retarded GenX brainlets who shit on the whole thing while revealing a widespread ignorance on cinema in general. this is literally why we can't have nice things.
yeah I'm think Lucas is based, fuck star wars fans, let them choke on disney shit