Were the 90s the last decade for films with STYLE?

Were the 90s the last decade for films with STYLE?

Attached: file.png (808x475, 464.19K)

I do not care about mentally ill Chinese people

Watch more movies zoomer faggot.

>cowboy bebop
>cool guy smoking
>melancholic yet cool atmosphere
Art fags are so easily impressed

t. Whedon

Funny. I'm watching Mean Guns (1997) and lmao at the "intense" shaky manic camera work

This and chungkin make me want to go to 90s hong kong. Shit looks so kino

There's no way there's that much ash on the end of his cig while riding a motorcycle

Unironically this is the only film Any Forums has recommended me that was actually kino. Well done faggots, even a broken clock is right once

Pretty much, yeah. The mid 00s washed out aesthetic combined with the advent of digital murdered true experimentation

Shit like Beyond the Black Rainbow just looks laughable and sad, most movies don't even try. The current pseudo 80s neon drenched aesthetic is simply abominable

I hoped Edgar Wright would bring S T Y L E to Hollywood but he hasn’t made a good film in 10 years. The guy who did the Kingsmen movies also has a different style. The action in those isn’t trying to be all gritty and realistic like a Bourne or John Wick type thing that everyone wants to do these days

yep. films aren't sexy anymore

true, puritanical feminism is gay af

>Beyond the Black Rainbow just looks laughable and sad
shit opinion

i used to like this movie until i saw a financial dominatrix posted it on her twitter account. somehow i can't watch it anymore after that incident.

Dumb esl poster

I'm sorry.

>based woman who obliterates simps as they deserve likes a film therefore it can’t be good

>The current pseudo 80s neon drenched aesthetic is simply abominable
I feel like this aesthetic has been prominent for the past 15 years. When will it end?

>handheld long take documentary style (also known as Mexican style as Cuaron and Inaritu both do this)
>neon flashy borderline surreal style (Bladerunner, Euphoria, Refn)
>classic Hollywood style (the warm, soft, well lit style of recent Eastwood and Spielberg films)
>dark digital (Ozark etc where everything is washed out and blue-grey and you can’t even see some shots because your tv isn’t as advanced as the digital camera they filmed it with)
>standard digital (marvel movies, shot for the green screen, sovlless)
am I missing any? what’s your favorite and least favorite?

>standard digital
also includes good films like a Fincher movie or a movie shot by Deakins or something, but they’re just so obsessed with capturing a “perfect” image that it loses the character and S O V L that older films used to have

what movie?