What happened with the Hollywood model? They had something that worked and pumped out quality movie after movie...

What happened with the Hollywood model? They had something that worked and pumped out quality movie after movie. They must have completely replaced it for some inferior model around 2016 because everything these days feels wrong.

Attached: 1633081785178.png (900x600, 73.45K)

Activist writers who are far less talented than auteurs of the 70’s decided they wanted to emmulate that model without any idea of how those models actually worked. In practice the script feels more like a blog for the writer as told through the characters.

it’s almost deceptively simply: they care more about the politics than about the entertainment value of the film. it used to be the other way around

it's a cross section of a chess piece

it's a cross section of your mom's butt plug

i prefer the constant conflict escalation of uncut gems and good time

Writers think they’re smarter than it and end up making some post modern slow burn ‘morally grey’ empty stomach crap that makes you feel guilty if you didn’t get your fill because you didn’t ‘get it’.

This is why marvel films, top gun, QT films are winners, love or hate them, they gave people what they wanted on some level. Scratched an itch so to speak.

>2016
Zoomers get out. Films have been bad since the early 2000s, when I was coming of age.

>marvel films, top gun,
>Capeshit #56467 and 40yo rehash #3135
NO itch was scratched

Decline could be seen since the late 90s, but the decade was still good. And 00s still had many peaks, even among the desertification. Then around the beginning of 10s everything became a nuclear waste

>following the same formula for every film will make quality films
i bet you enjoy marvel films

getting upset over these over-simplifications is such a midwit thing
obviously most of art is made in the realm of nuance
it's called a "lie told to children" and is only necessary when the participants are unable to discern between nuances
ie. everyone ITT

looks like the silhouette of a girl with wide hips and small perky tits

Attached: 1.jpg (960x960, 111.92K)

Would poor people, if given the opportunity be better creatively speaking than the rich fart huffing lgbtq snobs that currently conquer the current medium of “kino”

The quality of the story? Yes
Market appeal? No

without question. after all poor normies are the target audience, at least as far as mainstream hollywood films are concerned

They found a better model which is simply blasting the audience with plot points and action scenes non-stop in hopes of keeping them from looking on their phones instead.

One thing not mentioned here: subversion

Marvel movies also suffer from this as well. At one point, it was a fresh take. You had seen the Hollywood model so often, you know what was about to happen, and then something different happens. People were blown away and would talk about it for days, weeks, years, a decade. Then, subversion became the norm. You almost always expect the female in the story to find her strength and ditch the male protagonist character the religious character is almost always actually evil, the macho character is gay the black character has a father, etc. It became so normal in fact, audiences didn’t notice anymore and a few movies and shows fell flat. So to remedy this, they have to point it out clearly to the audience. Basically, “Hey, laugh here! I just winked at the camera and some silly music played for a second so you have time to catch up with the writers and nod your head or clap.” Name literally anything ever that has come out after 2010 and tell me I’m wrong. I fucking dare you.

true. I noticed especially in comics it went from one character coming out as gay and everyone treating it like a big event to literally every character is gay now in about 5 years or less. it’s the same with film

What about movies made by poor people who got a small loan for a million shekels from Ben Shapiro?

Attached: 1660082922716071.png (182x276, 12K)

Going in Style (2017)

pretty classic, though it is a remake and feels like a for tha boys remake of Maiden Heist (2009) so it has some soul outline. The exception that proves your rule.

It changes so fast though. Obama ran on marriage being between a man and a woman. Kamala Harris ran on not trusting the Trump Vaccine, and saying if he had anything to do with it she wouldn't take it.
the 180s are nonsensical and unacknowledged

Attached: 1612673724469.png (720x782, 626.41K)

The scene where Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine are just reading the names of different weed strains for like 30 seconds is kino