With all the new LotR/GoT prequel shows coming out lately and sucking ass it really hammers home how impressive it was...

with all the new LotR/GoT prequel shows coming out lately and sucking ass it really hammers home how impressive it was that Lucas made a prequel series that not only stood alongside the originals, but also managed to retroactively improve upon the original themes and make the finale in Return of the Jedi even more powerful with the added context

we need more prequels/sequels like this, that are treated like an extension of the original work instead of a separate thing that only exists in the same universe to coast by on brand recognition

Attached: 1578770224222.jpg (2048x1152, 451.17K)

I can see why genXers hated it when it came out but I unironically agree.
And it wouldn't have been impossible to do the same with the sequels but they women and yids squashed any hope of that.

The Prequels are so weird. It's like a goofy classical play with toy fighting scenes every 20 minutes. It's kinda awesome honestly.

Lucas is just a total autist, makes sense that the series he pours his soul into would be equally as autistic

V > III > I > VI > II > I

This ranking is definitive and objective and cannot be argued with

Yeah original Star Wars are fun scifi adventure movies, prequel felt like he tryhard want to create some sort of Shakespeare epic in space

the only thing that unites 4channlers and redditors is an undying love of the prequels

>tryhard
a word used only by cowards

I still unironically love the prequels.

The Emperor was a fan favorite villain after RotJ, but the prequels elevated him a top tier movie bad guy. McDiarmid just waited for 16 years, he could have died of a car crash or a heart attack along the way, but his time finally came and he knocked it out of the park

ROTS>>>>empire yoda scenes>>>>everything else

Attached: rots.jpg (1152x1536, 222.5K)

RotJ Throne room scenes > ROTS>>>>empire yoda scenes>>>>everything else

well played

Luke's triumph hits much harder knowing what he daddy went through

Attached: poultry.webm (1274x1080, 1.5M)

RotJ Throne room scenes > ROTS novelization>>>>empire yoda scenes>>>>ROTS>>>>everything else

Prequelshit ruined SW. Cope

Jar Jar scenes > RotS lava fight > Podracing kino >>> Lobot >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everything else

>The Emperor was a fan favorite villain after RotJ, but the prequels elevated him a top tier movie bad guy. McDiarmid just waited for 16 years, he could have died of a car crash or a heart attack along the way, but his time finally came and he knocked it out of the park
I just realized, not only is he the one actor to play the same character in both trilogies, but he actually would suffer the problem of the entire BCS cast of starting old and growing younger, like Jesse, Tyrus, Gus, Walt, or any of those guys.

Attached: Jesse Pinkman _ Breaking Bad Wiki _ Fandom — Mozilla Firefox 2022-09-07 09-18-04.webm (640x892, 351.24K)

I hate revisionist faggots so much it's unreal. You only like this dull CGI garbage because it was marketed toward you when you were a child. Essentially you're like those faggots who never grew up and obsess over cartoons from the early 2000s, except at least those were actually considered good.

Or maybe this is just lingering trauma in response to Disney.

>I just realized, not only is he the one actor to play the same character in both trilogies, but he actually would suffer the problem of the entire BCS cast of starting old and growing younger, like Jesse, Tyrus, Gus, Walt, or any of those guys.
He had the advantage of being under ridiculous makeup in the original so you can't really tell

Revisionism is pretending that ROTS was not well received. The other two? Those were trashed, and for good reason. But ROTS was a different story.