Nothing happens the movie

>nothing happens the movie
Shit are the books this bad?

Attached: 7ECC0210-C441-49AE-83C8-362536891E11.jpg (1175x1763, 359.94K)

Ironically yes

They didn't even make the first guy go 'GIVE ME YOUR MOUTH'

kiss chin

I don't remember the books at all I think I stopped at God emperor from what I read on here and wikis it just gets worse after that

Everything about doon is very gay user.

Attached: puppies.jpg (540x540, 41.98K)

It's just a series about a boy in the year 20,000 who becomes the new Messiah of that age. I liked the books and the 1984 movie, but you just have to have the taste for it I guess. The only thing that bothers me about Dune 2021 is that Liet Kynes isn't Chani's father. In fact he's genderswapped, race swapped. It was pretty jarring considering that's how Paul and Chani both bonded, over dead fathers. Kinda takes the meaning out of it all.

This movie needed more degenerate floating homosexuals raping their flowerboys

Attached: 65.jpg (996x431, 64.9K)

Heretics is the best though and has the most action
Miles fucking Teg, succubus amazons, "Final Super Mentat God" Idaho, that ending.

I'm wondering how the next movies are going to hold up. I didn't mind the first film but I don't get the urge to watch anymore.

The cast is very memey like they've all been pulled straight out of capeshit. Aquaman and drax were the worst example of this, they don't feel authentic. Same with polkadot man. I've always liked thanos' actor so he gets a pass. I don't mind moonlnight too but I'm getting sick of seeing him in everything.

The book gets pretty crazy. I liked the part where the dude merges with a worm and becomes an immortal emperor of the universe.

If you want robots, aliens, and spaceship battles, go watch any other cookie-cutter sci-fi movie or show. Dune is a very dense story, and it dosen't feature alot of action.

Next movie will meme even harder with Christopher Walken and Florence Pugh, which I think is horrible casting.

Walken as emperor makes no sense to me.

Fucking zoom zooms, I swear...
Yeah, should have been Madds and some hot young slut. But Villeneuve surprised me with the Goose in 2049 so I'll reserve judgment.

last two books have shota content

A lot happens in the movie actually, it's just that the screenplay is so bad most of it goes over your head

>that harkonnen attack
>nothing happens
I’m being baited aren’t i

but god emperor is the best one

Dune is an IQ filter and it does not help if you have not read the books, the books are also an IQ filter it's very difficult to enjoy if you have an American level of reading comprehension.

The books are literally written for low IQ Americans.

You're retarded. The movie a spectacle from the beginning to end, problem is that it's having fucked up pacing.

Yeah, if anything it rushes through the major plot points far too quickly. Movie should've ended with Leto's death and have the first book take up 3 movies. Mind you I still haven't finished reading the first book (about 80% finished) and I don't think it's all that great, but definitely a story that could be improved upon with a good screenplay and direction. Unfortunately DUNC 1 had none of that so I've got little reason to see DUNC2

I found the film's structure really weird and desu the story of dune does not deliver on its really good premise from what I've read (wikifag). How do i put it.... the story seems too high concept and lacks raw plot. The interesting things about the story are the science fiction and political intrigue, but it delves more into the philosophy. Maybe that's just my shitty wikifag interpretation though

If you didn't like the first part, you'll hate the second part. First 1/3 of the novel is the best part.

There;'s an olden Dune by David Lynch that did everything right.

>The interesting things about the story are the science fiction and political intrigue, but it delves more into the philosophy.
The world building and political intrigue are certainly the best parts, the absolute weakest parts are the ramblings about ecosystems and the action/combat scenes. However, I think the action is supposed to get better down the line - I've only read the first book.

low iq americans in the 60s would brainmogg any American alive today

>last two books have shota content
I had that Irl still do I don't need fanfic
I'd love to see a decent adaptation in a mini series format not a movie

I can see why the novel was so well regarded for its time. There's a crazy amount of depth to the world that probably wasn't the norm in scifi/fantasy novels when it was published.

That said, the characters have zero depth. The pacing is glacial for the first 80% of the book. The final 20% just zips by at a breakneck pace.

Battles that they spent the entire book building up to are done off the page. Literally "Alright guys, let's prepare for battle." and then the battle is over in the next chapter.

His waifu Chani, who also has zero depth, gets knocked up and then months pass and she's suddenly giving birth within the span of a few pages. The kid dies, and we're supposed to give a shit but we don't know this kid, and even Paul doesn't give a shit that this kid dies.

His sister grows up in the span of a few pages and is this powerful witch kid who beats the big bad with zero build up.

The book just wraps up in the quickest way possible.

I did enjoy Dune Messiah a lot more though. The politicking was much better and the characters had a bit more depth.

>even Paul doesn't give a shit that this kid dies.
his mother sees the change in him that he's hiding and comments that there is no childhood or softness left in him. paul himself says something like ''this universe knows nothing of cruelty'' in his final line when he takes the throne and realizes he was a fool to ever try and stop the galactic war that's coming. it's a very big change and it baffles me people were so surprised by book 2 when book 1 literally spells out what's coming.