Wachowskis STOLE Morrison's ideas

>It’s really simple. The truth is that I've spoken with crew members who worked on The Matrix and they told me they were given copies of The Invisibles and basically told "make it look like this". This is a reported fact. The Wachowskis are comic book creators and fans and were fans of my work, so it’s hardly surprising.

>It’s not some baffling ‘coincidence’ that so much of The Matrix is plot by plot, detail by detail, image by image, lifted from Invisibles so there shouldn’t be much controversy. The Wachowskis stole The Invisibles and everyone in the know is well aware of this fact but of course they’re unlikely to come out and say it.

>It was just too bad they deviated so far from the Invisibles philosophical template in the second and third movies because they blundered helplessly into boring Catholic theology, proving that they hadn’t HAD the ‘contact’ experience that drove The Invisibles, and they wrecked both
‘Reloaded’ and ‘Revolutions’ on the rocks of absolute incomprehension. They should have kept on stealing from me and maybe they would have wound up with something to really be proud of – a movie that could change minds and hearts and worlds.

>I love the first Matrix movie which I think is a real work of cinematic genius and very timely but I’ve now heard from several people who worked on The Matrix and they’ve all confirmed that they were given Invisibles books as reference. That’s how it is. I’m not angry about it anymore, although at one time I was because they made millions from what was basically a Xerox of my work and to be honest, I would be happy with just one million so I didn’t have to work thirteen hours of every fucking day, including weekends.

Why didn't he sue them?

Attached: Grant Morrison.jpg (1400x700, 374.56K)

>They should have kept on stealing from me and maybe they would have wound up with something to really be proud of
i dont know who this guy is but damn what a flex

Aside from Bound, this is their only worthwile movie. No surprise about any of this.

>Grant Morrison: I invented Neo-Noir/Cyberpunk in the 90s
Yeah I'm gonna stick up for the Trannies that had the balls to cut them off than the beta male comic book writer who just goes by They/Them pronouns.
Everyone was just taking inspiration from Philip K Dick and Ridley Scott.

Attached: Black_Rain.jpg (259x383, 19.82K)

How is anyone actually surprised by this?
On the bonus features for the DVD one of the producers says he was handed ghost in the shell by them saying "we want to make this exact film, but live action".

The Invisibles is garbage, absolute garbage.

>Catholic theology
What the fuck is he talking about
The main philosophical drive in the Matrix is lifted wholly from Simulation and Simulacra
He's only seething about Catholicism because he's a faggot occultist

yeah and they drew inspiration from Guy Debord and the Situationists too. No idea is original

It sounds nothing like The Matrix and in fact sound really fucking gay.

Attached: Screenshot_20220908-102007~2.png (1080x1132, 205.07K)

Troons can't create, they can only destroy, luch like they do with their genitalia.

What a fucking hack. I'm starting to think Frank Quietly is the one that carried Grant Morrison.

We3 is fucking kino and I'm shocked it didn't get a film adaptation.

>62 years old
>using preferred pronouns
holy fucking cringe

It's good. Morrison even adresses the fact that the 'good' guys are killing innocent people. We follow a random guy's story for a whole while and you ask yourself where is this going? And then he gets blasted by our heroes along with a bunch of other people.

I tried reading it long ago. Some gay man's retarded thoughts just don't make a compelling story. At least the watroonski's made the best action thriller movie of all time before they went insane.

I agree that the Wackowskis only made like 2 good movies, but they didn't JUST rip the Invisibles. They ripped a lot of shit... just like the Invisibles did actually.

you're never going to make it in hollywood, Cuck Morrison!
hahahahahahahaha

Attached: 1595965162108.jpg (1280x1166, 319.77K)

I watched an interview with another guy who said the Wachowskis stole his idea

The 90's were absolutely rife Neo-Gnostic 'escape reality' media. There was the Invisibles sure, but you had TTRPGS like WoD (Especially Mage(93)) and Kult (91), from the early 90's, later there are movies like Dark City and The Truman Show which predate the Matrix.

The Wachowskis probably encountered a bunch of that shit, being nerds, but that shit was in the air at the time, Morrison was part of it but was hardly the only one.

that's that black lady who says everyone stole her story.

Wrong on every count, I like The Invisibles a lot more than I like The Matrix but this is 100% nonsense
>Matrix script was sold on 1994
>Morrison didn't fucking invent Gnosticism
>Best similarity is that they wear sunglasses like one of the characters in The Invisibles
The Matrix is basically Ghost in the Shell plus Dark City with a million other things thrown in but The Invisibles is a barely detectable influence unless you think, like Grant Morrison probably does, Morrison invented Gnosticism

lol you didn't read that book did you

There’s nothing wrong with that

There was some hubbub about The Matrix ripping off Dark City

>Larry Wachowski : You see, at this point in the story, Neo stands on the verge of satori, ready to resolve the paradox of choice and choicelessness, of free will versus fate, but that can only be achieved through an act of surrender, which occurs after he has abandoned the perspectival nature of truth,
So this satori, is something that Larry made up? He decided it can only be achieved through... abandoning the perspectival nature of truth? Oh no wait
>In the Zen Buddhist tradition, satori refers to a deep experience of kenshō,[4][5] "seeing into one's true nature"
>[...] it represents a transcendence of the distinction between one that knows and knowledge.[3]
Ah. it's from zen buddism and works exactly how it works in zen buddhism.

but the movies are catholic and the philosophy comes from the book about semiotics riiigght

ridiculous though. that director is a lolcow and his fans as detached from reality like the earnest fans of like onision or some shit

>Ridley Scott.
dont be a moron

>They should have kept on stealing from me and maybe they would have wound up with something to really be proud of – a movie that could change minds and hearts and worlds.
Could someone find me a more insufferable quote than this? Remember he is now a 62 year old troon whose pronouns are Grantmorrison, so who is copying who now?

"Ripping off" is an exaggeration. I can see some aesthetic or atmospheric similarities, that's it.

The Matrix with mid 90's CGI would have bombed so fucking hard.

Only the first matrix movie is canon

>Why didn't he sue them?
He'd have got laughed out of court, they ripped off so many thing that it would have been impossible for everyone to sue them but he'd have maybe been 67th in line