True Detective Season 2

Should I keep watching it?

I watched season 1 and 3 and loved it. Watched the first 2 episodes of season 2 and it just didn't grab me. Does it get better?

Attached: dsadasfa2.jpg (1600x2263, 3.13M)

No.

the middle episodes get pretty clunky but 6-8 are all good

No
Anything past season 1 is not worth it

Fascinatingly no

It does not get better. You can skip any scene with Annie or gay cop though. They have absolutely no effect on the story. It's almost like HBO said we need a fag and a woman.

it's better than 1 and 3

Well, since you loved season three then you're clearly a tasteless retard, so sure, push on.

No, it gets much, much worse, but contrarians here will tell you it's great.

You're asking this on a board known for flagrant contrarianism. The S2 schizos will wake up soon. Brace yourself.

Wrong. Season 3 is even better than Season 1. It has the best character played by Sarah Gadon.

Attached: True Detective Sarah Gadon .jpg (1600x2286, 1.31M)

Season 3 was really good. It felt more like season 1 with the time gaps and a child abduction case.

Already here. Sometime's your wrost self is your best self, know what I'm saying Ray? Casper knew this

Attached: 1662401099894655.jpg (570x478, 23.57K)

wtf I hate Sarah Gadon now

>S1 has problems with overall writing (that were tempered by Nic Pizzolatto having less creative control) but is saved by acting and directing
>S2 is Nic Pizzolatto going up his own ass and is unwatchable
>S3 is damage control that tones down the bullshit of S2 significantly but it's still not very good
Season 2 is by far the worst one. "It's like blueballs in your heart."

Filtered

It's a dog eat dog world Ray and I'm the fucking chinaman, Casper knew this.

I like how the season 1 had cult sacrifices, and human effigies and analogies to the Yellow King.

In season 2 some random pervert gets murdered and nobody in the show (except Vince Vaughn) cares

There is only 1 season of True Detective(season 1)

Season 2 got fucked with a lot behind the scenes by the powers that be.

Spare the faggot brackets reddit nigger

>basic bass struming
>monotone talking
>"Nevermiiiiind"
>"Nevermiiiiind"
>more monotone talking

What a downgrade

Attached: truedetective-51-640x360.jpg (640x360, 59.97K)

It’s about child abuse and child sexual abuse and takes a much more down to earth depiction of the former. Annie and Woodrugh are victims of their parents abuse and it dramatically effects their lives. Meanwhile, these wounded people, like Ray et. al. are the ones trying to solve the case.

Disagree. S2 is really interesting but it loses its nerve either because of studio interference or incompetence. S3 is a waste of everyone’s time after an atmospheric setup.