Is there a single film that evokes a primal fear in you?

Are there any horror movies that are genuinely scary?

Attached: 1662606876989293.png (755x877, 587.61K)

the one in my head

No. My grandad made me watch The Thing when I was like 7 years old and every horror I've seen since then has seemed tame.

Only one question, please.

When I was really high watching Fall last night sometimes my stomach felt weird because of the heights involved.

Does that count?

Finns are cūcks.

Attached: fullwidth.2eab1032.jpg (970x595, 349.18K)

Based grandad

based

He really was. Sundays while my grandma was at work he'd sit me down and put something cool on.

Mulholland Drive does it for me. Not only the classic diner scene, but the entire sequence in the end is very unsettling

CREEP (2014)
No horror movies genuinely scare me, but this movie left me speechless by the last part. I didn’t see it coming it was very of its times and very believable found footage out of most of that genre.

Attached: anne.jpg (541x700, 139.45K)

Primal disgust sometimes, but I can't say I've been scared watching horror since I was like 9 watching Nightmare on Elm Street. Tell you what was scarier than that was when I was like 6 or 7 and my dad put on a Jason mask and jumped out of the closet with a chef knife once. Watching America's Most Wanted as a kid was pretty scary too, learning about all the fucked up shit real people get up to for the first time.

Attached: Smile.jpg (1070x1400, 482.83K)

The Weeping Angels from Doctor Who scared the shit out of me for months when I was a kid, but nothing has really scared me since I became an adult

I was like 13 when I saw 2005 War of the Worlds and I, to this day, occasionally have nightmares where I'm being hunted by tripods. It wasn't like one moment in the movie did it for me, but clearly the movie left an impact on me.

Other than that, not really. Blair Witch probably would have, but I watched it with a couple of buddies and we were having fun with each other, so that blunted it. Most horror movies just make me feel nothing. The more disturbing ones can make me feel a bit uneasy for the first night after, but that's it.

House of the Devil (2009)
This one also was a great horror movie and a huge homage to movies from the times of the satanic panic and the late 70’s. The sacrifice part was very freaky my mom was terrified of this part.

I saw Creep and thought it was shit. I almost think you are memeing because the ending was predictable and shitty too.

One of my friends turned on The Grifter one night after drinks and that fucker passed out leaving me alone to watch. Idk if ill ever be the same.

>I was like 13 when I saw 2005 War of the Worlds and I, to this day, occasionally have nightmares where I'm being hunted by tripods. It wasn't like one moment in the movie did it for me, but clearly the movie left an impact on me.
This, except for me it was Mars Attacks! when I was 8.

You mean the Scorsese one?

Attached: Finding Nemo.webm (900x506, 2.98M)

A ghost story set in tight cave would scare the shit out of me. It wouldn't even need to be horror, just creepy. The claustrophobia would do the heavy lifting for me.

Attached: Spelunker.jpg (1500x839, 195.37K)