I’m detective Loki

>I’m detective Loki

What kind of fucking name is Loki

Attached: C40E168D-ADA9-4365-BA32-F436C7ABF7A6.jpg (1063x1557, 339.77K)

It was a codename

the haircut that ruined a generation of men

Nothing breaks immersion from a movie/show more than stupid character names. The worst is Mr Robot, not a single character in that show has a name that would actually be in the real world

He killed it in Bruges

Attached: in_bruges.jpg (936x562, 239.62K)

My name is Alko....

Back when villeneuve made good movies that the studio didn't edit down into child/middle aged woman friendly PG nonsense.

Viking LARPer parents

Explains a lot about his character

Reference to Son of The Mask

Detective Kino

>Elliot Anderson
>Tyrell Welleck

Don’t seem that weird

>character named Alex Jones
>for the majority of the film we are made to believe he is the villain
>he turns out to be a completely innocent victim in the end

what the FUCK did Denis Villeneuve mean by this?

Attached: Prisoners (2013).webm (1920x800, 2.93M)

>literally allowed to get away with everything that it borders the captain yelling at him to hand over the badge
>on 5th rewatch realize he was a mason all along
>tfw it actually finally makes sense
Any other movies that make sense after watching multiple times?

doesn't he literally wear a mason ring in the film?

yes

Actually he was not innocent in kidnapping the girls. He actually fully did it and brought them to his "aunt".

The only innocent part was that he himself was only doing this because he was victim of maze manipulation throughout his life by his own kidnapper aka that aunt.

I think it's perfect metaphor for Alex Jones and other conspiracy nutsjobs. You get brainwashed when you are innocent and vulnerable then once your brainwashing is complete you believe in the brainwashing you were given yourself and stay prisoned by that brainwash.

How so?

Big facts

This. I did see that Arrival had more studio interfere for sure. I didn't even watch Dune, since in the trailer they threw in that Marvel quip about main character's muscles.

I am not gonna watch Denis Vileneuve now that Hollywood owns him. Arrival is my limit!

You misheard, it's Detective Lowkey as in "she lowkey kinda bad though". He is actually black man and underwent the opposite of that procedure from Get Out.

Attached: 1662131372838883.jpg (350x385, 36.33K)

They gave him a weird name, a weird haircut, weird mannerisms and weird tattoos
The audience gets that he's strange, he doesn't fit in, he's a little unnerving and that might make him dangerous
It was subtle but strong characterisation
Lrn2screenplay idiots