Nearly 50 years old

>nearly 50 years old
>still gets better on every watch
How the fuck did Spielberg pull off Jaws?

Attached: 15F2792E-3866-4AB0-8E6D-1A74210C814A.jpg (1000x1535, 139.02K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2mgrxvTdl-Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I just watched it during $3 dollar movie saturday and it was great. Much better than Jurassic Park.

its literally the perfect movie

youtube.com/watch?v=2mgrxvTdl-Q

he was high on coke

If you think this is anything more than a 7 / 10 fun movie you are a pleb.
This holds true for every single block buster / oscar bait in history.
Formulaic trash.

Attached: cassavetes.jpg (800x1046, 145.34K)

Jurassic Park is my favorite movie of all time but I still love Jaws to death, just saw it in IMAX and it was amazing.
Reminds me of growing up on Lake Michigan.

There are no sharks in a lake, you inbred retard.

>A tiger shark!
>A WHAT?

Nice try bull shark

>Incredible music.
>Perfect main cast.
>Three main guys represent three classic male archetypes who then get stuck on a boat together.
>Made at the height of the autuer 70's when major studios were giving big budgets to young directors who showed promise. Has the gritty realism of a 70's film but with the humor and heroics of what would become the Spielberg style.
>Shark either didn't work or looked bad for 60% of its shots, so Spielberg had to suggest it was there.
>Incredible editing, especially during the attack scenes. Film is also split evenly into 2 1-hour acts.
>Filmed out on the actual ocean, and even with some small continuity problems like clouds, it still looks 100% authentic. Spielberg vowed to never film on the open water again because it almost drove everyone to insanity (in the behind the scenes of Last Crusade there's a part where he's cursing himself for deciding to film in the river for the boat chase). No movie has since been filmed out in the open water to such an extent.
>When the shark is shown it (mostly) looks tangible and alive.

Jaws is an excellently directed film and the story is universally appealing, that's why it was such a hit and is still great all these years later. Compare it to the average blockbuster today

>bull shark
>bull shit
Nice try ocean scientist

watching it in IMAX was so fucking good bros, the giant screen, the intense audio. Christy's death was unnerving and you gotta love Quint.
farewell and adieu to you fair spanish laidies
farewell and adieu to you ladies of spain
for weve received orders to sail back to boston
and so never more shall we see you again..

Jaws use the trope of maintaining the tension until the bad guy blows up in a huge explosion and all the normies cheer. Literally the same ending as Star Wars.
Mythbusters totally debunked jaws though. If you shoot a scuba tank with an M1 rifle it wont explode and sharks are pretty fragile animals that aren't difficult to kill.

I am so sick of snobs not acknowledging that this saved cinema from the threat of Any Forums and grindhouse drive-in trash

As amazing as the acting is throughout the whole movie, the best performance might be by the girl killed in the beginning.

That scene is quite harrowing in Benchley's novel, too. Really sets the tone for the rest of the story.

fuck off Cassavetes, you pretentious drunk

Yeah seeing it in IMAX was genuinely shocking for me when she died, I’ve seen the movie many times but this is the first time it really hit me hard (same with Ben Gardener’s head in the boat and Quint’s death).

Jaws literally created that trope dude

>Three main guys represent three classic male archetypes who then get stuck on a boat together.
i never thought of that, everyone i've watched jaws with (men, of all types), really enjoy that second act, even if movies aren't there thing
there's a wonderful simplicity and amazing story quality to it, just 3 guys vs some brutal unfeeling nature