When and why did pro wrestling become a geeky thing associated with stereotypical Redditors?

When did it happen?
Exactly why did it happen?

Attached: 360_F_75778489_2lzaR9dgvquSuNoB1kIDDFktCyjdOpVG.jpg (667x360, 24.16K)

Wrestling is just anime for people who are scared of getting bullied for watching anime.

When did cm punk first appear in wwe?

Anime is now considered cooler than pro wrestling

Current generation of wrestlers grew up as fans of wrestling rather than random bodybuilders, collegiate wrestlers, or ugly mofos who bounced clubs. They're nerdy dorks in real life so the fans who support them are nerdy dorks instead of hillbilly kids and affiliated trailer trash

Attached: sdfa.png (808x1142, 770.93K)

It was always heavy with dorks. It just got worse when the meat heads found out it wasn't "real".

This, and mma captures the aspiration of America’s collegiate wrestlers these days

Yeah I think a pro wrestler should either be a legit tough guy so the toughness comes across the screen OR he should be a good enough actor to fake the toughness. Most wrestlers aren't good enough actors to fake it so if they're not actually tough guys in real life they're kinda boring to watch.

The only person I know who cares about wrestling is the half-retarded dishwasher where I work.

Oops, I meant to post this in Any Forums but I fucked up. Oh well, it might get some interesting discussion here too.

Between Mexicans and idiots, I'd bet dishwasher is a top 10 profession among fans

Chris Benoit happened and WWE overcorrected.

The marks are in the ring.

ive got this 25 year old hulkamania shirt I got at a live RAW in the late 90s, last time I wore it ~20 years ago some random guy yelled out "hell yeah brother" to me and gave me a thumbs up, wore it last week and got weird looks everywhere I went

Hulkamania is dead. Hulk Hogan is nothing but a racist has-been now.

dont even try and bullshit us brother

You're a based dude, little Hulkamaniac!
Now don't forget to eat your wheaties, dude--HH

Attached: NI.jpg (600x568, 24.35K)

Pro-wrestling fans around the Attitude Era gradually moved on to the UFC and MMA in general and the soi-trannies gradually replaced them.

>Wasnt cool past a certain age after Attitude Era
>MMA companies take off in 2000s
>PG era only made it less cool
>By 2010s UFC is the cool thing with many more years of massive growth
>Wrestling and its fans only get worse and worse through the 2010s
>UFC basically turns into the better pro wrestling company than WWE with all its old fans

This is a made up story

its more legitimate theater than broadway

When CM puke became a thing.

Take the NJPW pill

Attached: 1656305486534.jpg (640x1136, 72.33K)