Is RoP really hated by everyone while being a "success" like Star Wars episode 8 (which in the end fucked up the entire...

Is RoP really hated by everyone while being a "success" like Star Wars episode 8 (which in the end fucked up the entire franchise) or just by a minority?

Attached: D3P5O27RIRCF5LGIFPJ2MIBZF4.jpg (800x450, 101.59K)

its not even canon, just ignore it

I agree and yet they'll try to shove it down your throat so hard and long to attempt to erase the previous adaptations and even the original material

I enjoyed it

canon with what...you think it's a prequel to the book or something? It's an adaptation so there's the canon of the show and the canon of the book.

There's only a handful of limp wristed incels who blow this shit up.. the vast majority of its fans are in fact enjoying it. Also the dirty jews blending into to society acting like goy, but are really influencing them is part of the reason.

Attached: OY_VEY!.gif (480x270, 3.24M)

It doesn't really feel like it's even Tolkien related. Casting controversy aside, the series really isn't worth talking about just because it doesn't really have anything to do with the source material at all.

So there's no elf dude named Elrond in the source material?

I'm 35 and have a wife and I think it's completely uninteresting. I have a brother who's 10 years old than me and I'm friend with his friends, none of them liked it either.
Don't know about people who aren't usually interested in fantasy because that's never a topic of discussion that's come up.

>I'm friend with his friends
You don't have friends of your own?

Its shit, no one watched it anyone else claiming otherwise is an amazon shill kike

You know that's not what I mean. It'd be like if someone made a new Star Wars with an overinflated budget, and it had all the old characters in it, but lacked any and all of the passion and creativity that made the previous entries memorable.

Nope. Even if Its not garbage by LOTR standard its still too boring even for normies

I do but I don't talk about things I don't find interesting with them and the tv series is very recent anyway. One of my friend said he hated it but he's really not into wokeshit so he probably wouldn't qualify as a normie.

Anyway, It just so happen that I was at dinner with my borther's friend group yesterday and since some of them are kind of early geeks (first star wars generation etc) it came up.
From what I remember they hate that:
-Galadriel's weiring a 17th century fullk plate armor and doing stupid shit with it
-Elves look really dumb (Elrond's haircut was mentioned)
-The rythm is very slow and lots of scenes dragging out and nothing happening
-Dialogues are dumb and poorly written
And on the pros: the environments and special effects look good.

I think that's all I remember.

> which in the end fucked up the entire franchise
TLJ is the best SW film pleb

yet they're using "The Lord of the Rings" in the title. Afraid to stand on its own?

Rings of Power was made by people who don't think Tolkien's high fantasy setting is cool. It's just a vehicle to push more black actors into modern media. I'm not racist and don't care if they do that but it has to be done well not hamfisted like Rings of Power. Every racist and bigoted chimp out usually has some underlying truth to it and it seems that the showrunners care more about the diversity than making a good show. Miscasted actors. ugly costumes and makeup, short hair pompadour haircuts in a medieval fantasy setting where everyone is know for their long hair is just insulting and offensive to the audience that knows the source material. Terrible dialogue, Tolkien scholars walking away from the production years ago, the showrunners being recommended by JJ Abrams lol. The show is a disaster and the quicker people stop talking about it the better for everyone.

well it's based on stuff in the lord of the rings book

ya it's based on the lord of the rings appendices, which is fine but when you put that in the title over the actual name of the show, some people might think it has something to do with the actual lord of the rings movies and those people might be confused why it looks so shitty compared to Jackson's lotr's

It's just a mediocre fantasy show.. I honestly don't think it's any better than WoT so far.

people would think it's improvement after the hobbit trilogy

People rarely remembered the Hobbit trilogy. Only fans did and ROP did better in the visual aspect.

ian mckellen and martin freeman alone are worth more than anything in this overclogged toilet bowl of a show

Most people are disappointed or uninterested

there's so much stupid shit in the hobbit, that has been rightly criticized over the years but the hobbit feels like middle earth it feels like Tolkien
Rings of Power doesn't even come close
Rings of Power comes close with the dwarfs then you see the way they portrayed Elrond and you would second guess if this is actually Tolkien