Why don't multi-million dollar productions just use real armor...

Why don't multi-million dollar productions just use real armor? A suite like webm related costs 10K which is probably cheaper than the plastic shit they use.

Attached: armor14.webm (492x875, 2.6M)

because they need fantasy armor not real life armor

1. Money
2. Laundering

Retard take.

10k for one costume is absurdly expensive.

That armour doesnt look cool

I don't know why perverts are into leather and latex and shit, never understood the appeal, just looks tacky to me.

But this, this could get my dick hard.

Attached: 1609371919333.jpg (945x1071, 252.9K)

>be me an actor
>autistic director from Any Forums wants everything to feel "real"
>he wants me wear an 80kg plate armor and act for 16 hours a day for a couple months
>who the fuck gave this fuck the job

Actors these days can barely even wear CGI placeholder props without crying about being overworked, do you seriously think anyone is going to go on set wearing 150lbs of steel

ok Sir Fag-a-lot

you only make like a couple dozen for the people who are front and center on the camera. All the background guys you can't see well get the cheapo stuff

>10K which is probably cheaper than the plastic shit they use.
you're so fucking dumb it's not even funny

>probably cheaper than the plastic shit they use.

No.

Attached: 3d printer.jpg (474x474, 32K)

>Why
I think they usually rent that kind of generic things, just like the historical cars, cowboy clothes, victorian shit, swords, carriages or horses, and I suppose they do the ones for the main character.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-09-01 230051.png (429x623, 347.18K)

No where close to that heavy, average was 15-25 kg. Also actors should be in shape anyway

He's wearing like 20 or 30 pounds tops including a sword at his belt

Full plate was only 30-55 pounds and you remain almost completely agile while wearing it

Wrong (you)

They could use better plastic molds as well, but they choose not to. They could add more color to their armors and uniforms. The Medieval period was brimming with color, but it's depicted as brown for some reason.

Most of these costumes are made in aluminum that it is 1/3 the weight of steel

Biggest reason I hate GoT and HoD. Nothing is realistic.

In my wee days you could buy a suit of full plate for 500 USD in Russia.
Mine was used, bought for circa 300.
>>he wants me wear an 80kg plate armor and act for 16 hours a day for a couple months
25 at the max. Could be less than 10 if you fiddle with thickness and/or make it out of titanium.