Haven't seen Alien 3 in over a decade

>Haven't seen Alien 3 in over a decade.
>Finally decide to watch the Assembly Cut for the first time.
>The first half is promising, Sigourney Weaver and Charles Dance are good actors and they give some dramatic interest to their scenes together.
>At the midway point, Charles Dance is killed off.
>The rest of the film is about interchangeable bald men running and shouting and swearing their way through interchangeable corridors.
>A baldy dies, the gang freak out and argue, the alien reappears, there's a chase, another baldy dies, the gang freak out and argue, the alien reappears, and so on and so forth.
>This rigmarole goes on for an hour. It's longer now, because of the shit added into the Assembly Cut.

This is one of the most repetitive films I've seen. The script, the visual style, the plot beats - all of them repeat over and again in their unembarrassed monotony. Fuck anyone who recommends the Assembly Cut, it only exacerbates the problems by making this one-note film even longer.

Attached: Incel flirting.jpg (500x281, 14.98K)

Still better than Aliens

Damn, that's a terminal case of filtered.

AYY LMAO LEMME WHISPER IN YOUR EAR
TELL U SOMEFIN U MIGHT NOT LIKE TO HEAR

I don't know, I liked the penal colony setting.

killing Charles Dance so early was a huge mistake. Him and Sigourney had great chemistry and at the very least they + Charles Dutton should've been the ones going til the very end. The only other guy that was even remotely likeable was the one who survived last

I actually like Alien 3 (special edition only tho) but it really becomes troubled after Dance's death. The good parts interspersed are the ones where Ripley gets to chat for a bit with Dutton and when ICQ'ing with the company

>penal

Attached: 1662580280851233.png (600x441, 170.06K)

The setting is okay, but you need a story too. Alien 3 thought the setting alone would be enough.

>filename: muh incels
No wonder you got filtered.

Attached: Golic_%28Alien_3%29.jpg (250x321, 21.82K)

>watching alien after aliens
why are people like this?

Attached: 1593359090388.gif (330x166, 2.11M)

ALIEN 3 IS BASED AND IM TIRED OF PRETENDING ITS NOT
LEDDIT CONTRARIANS CAN FUCK OFF

FINCHER = BEEG DICC

Attached: fincher_delet.png (624x400, 404.51K)

In my case I was a kid and I watched Aliens first because that was the first movie from the series I saw on tv. Didn't even know it was a part 2 after years later.

The movie sucks overall, both cuts, but there's nothing wrong with the kill sequence. Eliminating Hicks and Newt is a perfectly valid decision, as is killing off the good doctor at the very moment that we come to empathize with him. Ripley lives in a cruel and uncaring universe full of monsters, human and otherwise.

The one thing I feel badly about for the Clemens character is that he cucks himself and spills the beans first, and dies without knowing the truth of Ripley's past, even though he knew PERFECTLY well that she was hiding something right from the very start, and even though HE was the one always more insistent on learning about HER past, not the other way round. I would have pressed her to talk about herself first before I shared my sob story. Their intimacy was never reciprocated, which would have required Ripley to tell him her story, but it was cut short and that's the point. She saved her story for the ugly, fat slobby superintendant Chalmers.

In 1992, I was 12 and didn't think it was possible for movies to get better than Aliens.
But becoming an adult is realising Alien > Alien 3 Assembly Cut > Aliens

It's weird that she doesn't tell him. Clemens has a shameful secret, whereas Ripley is only a victim of circumstance. They are at a point in their relationship where he would give her story a fair hearing - he has been asking her about it all along, genuinely interested. He obviously won't dismiss her as a nutjob (and it's not a particularly weird story given the circumstances). But she refuses to tell him, 'coz reasons.

Ripley's commitment to keeping this secret has an interesting effect on the text. It means that this ostensibly feminist film sends an unintentional sexist message. Beware your woman's secrets, for they will creep up and destroy you when you least expect it. As a bonus, the xeno skullpunches his brain - destroying the male id and ego in one blow.

Second paragraph is unironically a decent feminist reading of the narrative, well done. Prisoners are still stupid and fungible and I don't care about them, and by the end even Ripley is getting tedious.

Im not sure what they could have done with charles dance. He obviously have been wasted in the tunnel scenes. They need an entire rewrite to justify keeping him around. And poor whats hs face was making it up as they went along

>We're all gonna die, the only question is when. This is as good a place as any to take your first steps to heaven. The only question is how you check out. Do you wanna go on your feet? Or on your fucking knees, begging? I ain't much for begging! Nobody ever gave me nothin! So I say fuck that thing! Let's fight it!

One thing that's annoying about the movie is how they clearly specify the number of convicts (and thus all human personnel), yet a good six-seven of the bunch are never even portrayed. The first two movies also had well-definend numbers for all human personnel (7 for Alien (plus one cat), 16 for Aliens once Newt is found), and all had corresponding character names and were actually portrayed by actors. Presumably many of "the rest" were blown up in the explosion sequence, which is where the editing in the original is at its worst. It becomes nearly incoherent around that point.

"Hey, I just came from a planet with this bug things that burst out of your chest. Would you be so kind as to do an autopsy of the dead man and girl?

But you don't need to examine me at all."

this movie would have been le heckin based if the planet was made out of timber!!

Attached: reddit nostalgia.jpg (750x375, 103.43K)

That's actually plausible though. No one would like to contemplate such a possibility, and over such a short time frame, it's easy to see how one could psychologically repress the idea. Further, you would easily chalk up whatever illness you're feeling to the rude awakening. Clemens sets this up for the audience, guiding us away from the idea: "you'll feel like shit for 12 hours or so".

Holy shit, i never though about this but it's so true. Major plot hole.

I present Alien 3: the Musical Score

Attached: NDktNDU3My5qcGVn[1].jpg (599x594, 172.39K)

>Eliminating Hicks and Newt is a perfectly valid decision
No, it wasn't. And the movie was rightfully forgotten and derailed the series into mediocrity because of it.

The realization is a whole segment of the plot ffs

>Im not sure what they could have done with charles dance.

Give him the role that 85 plays in the third act. Now the finale gains poignancy when Ripley realises that it was Clemens who asked the company to come.