What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: 0AD76C59-63B6-41C5-9407-A89714F0A95D.jpg (224x224, 10.04K)

The rumours about Jay and his "g"f are real.

the attempted rape and them pretending it never happened

How is Mike coping with the twitter crowd trying to cancel him?

Not enough re:View's and Half in the Bags

nothing. they're still great

RLM are the living embodiment of the smug, detached Gen-X ethos.
I'd venture to guess none of them has felt a single sincere conviction about anything since childhood. They exist as polyps upon the colon of culture, satiating themselves on the perceived failures of others (i.e. "The Man") while adding nothing new to the discourse aside from ironic complaint.
They're a group of insecure, lost, rapidly aging burnouts who silently believe they could do a better job of making films than the professionals in the industry. Yet they lack the ambition and ability to actually enter the very industry they're obsessed with. They choose instead to fuck around and make student film piss-takes well into middle age.
They are awful, awful people. I've met thousands just like them, and the last thing we need is for these people to gain any attention for their navel gazing.
Please, Any Forums, do not aspire to become anything like these people. Theirs is a lonely road leading to depression and a life devoid of real purpose.
I hope they disappear and their disaffected followers stop subsidizing their lifestyle. Perhaps that would force them to do something productive with themselves.

Star Trek Picard broke them

Nothing has changed, if anything they are better now than when they were flailing around with more dead weight (like Jessie. Nothing against her and she's cute, but she ruined the many anything-goes joke-vibes sometimes, as women do).

Attached: Screenshot_2022-09-05-21-32-46-59_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg (1080x1570, 605.83K)

Jay sounds like he's permanently stuck on sarcasm mode and his entire sense of comedy is to take whatever Mike or Rich just said and then repeat it in a rhetorical question with a sarcastic tone. It's very clear Rich has no idea about anything whatsoever beyond a very basic bare-bones of any franchise or IP- I think he's legitimately too busy working and doing construction stuff to be half the nerd the audience wants him to be. Since S1 of Star Trek Picard, Mike is lethargic and constantly tired and mumbles all the time and clearly wants to kill himself.

Too much Tim, not enough Wizard

This explains a lot. Toxoplasmosis makes men more feminine.

nothing? they're still making content, still being funny. could always use more plinkett but i'll take what i get

based bauman

The show revolves around Mike and Rich's friendship. When they are together and having fun, it shines. Sometimes it can shine with Mike and Jay as well, but Jay is more hit and miss. The rest of the cast are best suited as a revolving backdrop that keeps the show from becoming stale, nothing more. Mike is needed though, there hasn't been a single Mike-less episode that was worth watching, he's like a shepherd.

Josh left and they're in an utter panic without him, also this

Lack of consistent upload schedule. There are so many movies/shows they could be reviewing, but instead they randomly upload like 2 videos a month. It's a wonder they got as big as they have.

they won’t review top gun apparently because they’re worried it’s seen as anti woke and it would be a political statement to be positive about it. jay made an offhand comment recently about how the quality of a film can be tainted by its reaction in pop culture and he said maverick was an example

>2022 i am forgotten

they keep making the exact same boring formats they've been doing for a decade

Mike still got it. Doubt he'll ever lose it. Kinda like Bob hope

maybe.

Another user in some other thread pointed out that Rich is a total nostalgist who only enjoys things from his youth. This is true, he cannot discuss new films without comparing them - unfavourably - to something in his eighties boyhood. Then why get a whiney manchild lecture about why the eighties thing was better.

At this point Rich's contributions are tedious and predictable. Fuck Rich, the others should exclude him from discussion of modern films.

The Exorcist is so sick

Really though?? Jay is definitely the more grounded and consistent of the 3.

Jays point is exactly what's going on though.

Why are you Faggots so obsessed with these fat, drunk incels?

Attached: 1662496334110582.png (669x587, 794.53K)

The only problem with Mike is his fluctuating energy levels. In some episodes you can tell that he's in a good mood and the episodes are great, in others he's clearly in some kind of downer state and has to force out jokes with a weird inflection.

The 80's were unironically better in the vast majority of cases when it comes to film, especially compared to today.

oic, so you are on point everyday at work. Ok. Right. Got it.

after they had the wife murdered on it really tanked the whole vibe of the show

But you aren't wrong. As this is clearly clear. And has been for a while.

Jay is ok, he just isn't as consistently funny, and he often comes across as condescending because he thinks he is the reasonable middle man on every topic, when some topics actually demand that you take some kind of stance. Mike and Rich are consistently funny, Jay is hit and miss. He's good in groups, but I don't think he can carry episodes like Mike and Rich can. Jay + Rich complement each other well though, the John Carpenter-comparison is one of my favorites.

george lucas proved them wrong about everything.

No, I have the same issue as Mike I think, which is why I can spot it. I think it might be some kind of minor depressive disorder, where some periods of time you are just low energy and sad without a good reason, occurring in a cyclic pattern. I'm not saying Mike suffers from this, but I am saying it looks like he does, he acts similarly to me when I get it (the change in inflection, low energy, trying to keep the mood up because you know it'll pass, etc).

no it wasn’t. the 80s was shit

dilate