Comparing Rings of Power Viewership

After spending approximately $500 million on the biggest television streaming event of all time, Amazon has brought in 1.8 million US viewers for episode 1 of THE RINGS OF POWER.

This mighty achievement can only truly be appreciated by comparing it to the viewership today's other great American programming:
hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/2021-22-tv-ratings-every-network-series-ranked-1235161738/

>Superman & Lois on the CW - a true capeshit classic - 1.6m
damn! so close! almost edged out the CW production let's read on:
>Domino Masters - a show about stacking dominos - 2.05m
>The Amazing Race - season 33 - a show which no one has mentioned since Operation Iraqi Freedom - 5.5m
>Americas Funniest Home Videos - a show which became defunct 15 years ago - 5.1m
>Young Sheldon - 9.2m

wow! feel free to include some other great television which outperforms THE RINGS OF POWER, a show which is so heavily advertised I got phone popups about it

Attached: right behind me.jpg (2456x1330, 254.61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/serena-williams-goodbye-us-open-ratings-boon-espn-89478825
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>show which is so heavily advertised I got phone popups about it

Got an Amazon package today with lawd dem rangs all over the outside. Not watching episode 2 or any others

>he gets phone pop ups
yikes

Did you know CBS is on season 6 of SEAL TEAM, a show about Navy Seals? I didn't. I never heard of it, never saw it advertised, never heard a word spoken about it. Well, someone must have, because it got 4 million more viewers per episode than ROP

Attached: SEAL TEAM.jpg (1920x1080, 221.78K)

I dropped it the day Amazon got involved.

Yes user but each one of those 1 million viewers is spending 15$ a month to watch it.
None of those young Sheldon viewers are directly paying cbs

Speaking of CBS, BOB HEARTS ABISHOLA is on season 4 of a sitcom about a guy who loves compression socks and a black woman named Abishola. Never fuckin heard of it. Sounds like a recipe for success - It must be, because this season got 5 million more viewers per episode than RINGS OF POWER

Attached: BOB.jpg (2160x2880, 807.61K)

Hey, just imagine if every single viewer gave $500 to Amazon. They’d make all their money back and then some

The weak should fear the strong.

Attached: MV5BZDg3MGNhYjItZGU2Yi00MzU4LWE4NGUtYjA2OTVjNGUyMjE4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjg4NzAyOTA@._V1_.jpg (960x1440, 230.87K)

Sorry im not going to watch it lol

Less viewers than WWE Raw. Although to be fair HHH has turned the ship around.

Attached: 1662581468530099[1].png (691x1187, 1.16M)

I don't know what this is but it got the closest amount of viewers to RoP.

Attached: MV5BNTE1NzdmYzAtMjI4Mi00Mjk2LTk1ZTMtYjZmMzQwYWU3YjM0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEwMTQ4MzU5._V1_.jpg (1080x1350, 192.84K)

Everyone is familiar with THE MASKED SINGER, which pulled 4 million more viewers than RINGS OF POWER. But did you know Ken Jeong is hosting a blatant rip-off on Fox called I CAN SEE YOUR VOICE? Probably not- like you, I had no idea this existed. But it pulled in 2x as many viewers as RINGS OF POWER

Attached: jeong.jpg (1000x1250, 99.06K)

He never recovered from this, huh?

Attached: j.png (1653x328, 425.96K)

Fox has yet another MASKED SINGER ripoff, called ALTER EGO where contestants perform as CGI holograms. This also pulls 2x ROP viewership. Wow! There are three separate mystery singing competitions which each pull in more than 2x the viewers than Amazon's flagship $500million show!

Attached: alter ego.jpg (369x136, 8.59K)

I always wondered what Robert Goulet would look like at 300lbs.

Hey that's Angel from Buffy isn't it? Remember television?

>After spending approximately $500 million

I thought this shit cost a full billion. Are they trying to downplay how much they spent to make shit?

>a rip-off of a rip-off
how deep can we go

>Amazon has brought in 1.8 million US viewers for episode 1 of THE RINGS OF POWER.

LMAO, 1.8 million? That's it? All that money and advertising and they only managed to get 1.8 million people to watch?
A famous YouTuber can get in like 2-3 times as many views as that for a single 5 minute video without paying a penny in advertising.

No wonder they're tripling down on trying to pre-emptively frame the show's failures on racist online commentators.

Attached: 1557444144439.png (900x900, 1.03M)

They say 500 million for production and 250 million on advertisement, but that shit is everywhere, I have no doubt that they spent another 500 million on adverts.

>1.8 million people to watch?

The trailer on YouTube had 1.9m dislikes

kek

I really want to return to DOMINO MASTERS. This is a reality competition series on Fox hosted by the fat gay guy from MODERN FAMILY. The show is about three teams competing to stack dominoes.

Let me say that again: this show is about stacking dominoes. I never heard of it and thought it was a joke at first. At 2m viewers per episode, it has more viewers than RINGS OF POWER

Attached: Domino-Masters.jpg (241x358, 79.02K)

That genuinely sounds more compelling than RoP.

Holy kino

>500 million
With that kind of money they could have nuked Israel or paid people to get guns and just sweep all of africa killing every nigger in sight
Instead these people produce this trash

Where did you find the numbers? I want to check some other streamed shows

And they're about to pay a whole lot more for damage control articles in the media so that they can make it seem like they're not to blame for the show failing but rather the "racist" online trolls.

>1.8 million
that's like 4 popcorn in bed videos!

Meanwhile, in the world of anime television...a loyal viewership that Jeff Bezos can't buy.

Attached: file.png (888x822, 151.05K)

But user, you say, these are all NETWORK shows. It's not fair. Network television is OTA, its free, it always pulls higher numbers.

OK, it's not 1979 anymore but whatever. Lets go with that. Let's compare it to some cable television shall we?

GUTFELD! is the inexorable late night show on FOX NEWS, a cable channel. It is extremely not funny. Nobody ever mentions it except to dunk on the network late night offerings. I am unaware of any living person who watches it, and I know a lot of old people.

It airs 5 nights a week. It is extremely low budget. It looks like a joke from 30 ROCK.
It gets half a million more viewers per night than Amazon's RINGS OF POWER

Attached: gutfeld.jpg (2160x2880, 890.18K)

Attached: lol.png (484x141, 10.36K)

is OP a fag because i'm seeing them say 25 million

Seriously who watches this

Moist Cr1tikal's latest video got 2.3 million views in less than 24 hours.

Attached: file.png (1400x713, 987.71K)

they are claiming 25m total international for both episodes. They are saying 1.8m US for episode 1. These numbers are different

I dislike your sarcasm

>a blatant rip-off on Fox called I CAN SEE YOUR VOICE
Must have lost the rights to the name

25 million worldwide, but 1.8 million in the US.

>ABC NEWS
>abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/serena-williams-goodbye-us-open-ratings-boon-espn-89478825

>The streaming debut of “Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power” reached an estimated 1.8 million U.S. households last weekend, according to Samba TV. That's Amazon Prime's biggest debut of the year, the research company said.

seems like chuds won (again)

kek jesus christ this thread should be copypasted daily under every single shill thread

Doesn't the 1.8m only count smart tv viewers rather than other ways of watching?

Just jerked off to that this morning as well kek