Amazon be all like "what if he made a tv show out of the foot notes from like Lord of the rings"

>Amazon be all like "what if he made a tv show out of the foot notes from like Lord of the rings"
>HBOMax be like " What if did a spin off of like the Game of thrones"
>Netflix is all like "How about le witcher"
yet no one does a spin off tv series based on the greatest fantasy film of all time KRULL

Attached: KRULLi.jpg (326x475, 49.45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_MXYNyv6oeE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtube.com/watch?v=_MXYNyv6oeE

They can't handle The Glaive

YOU can't handle the Glaive

how sad

I could totally handle the Glaive...

it will be better than the DnD movie coming out

It's too pure for these vandals to rape.

nothing is

Krull was the most self-aware (in a cringe reddit way) of the 80's fantasy flicks. It's paced like a Marvel movie but decades early.

It wasn't self-aware at all retard, and exactly what quips are there?

it was pretty bad

I mean that the hero acted like he knew he was the hero and knew that the world operates according to fantasy movie logic. Like when he sticks his hand into the lava to get the glaive somehow knowing it wouldn't hurt him, or when he declares that he's going to go find a band of companions to help him beat the bad guy. I love old fantasy movies but this was in the bottom quartile for me. The slut with the curly wig was the only highlight.

There was so much lore in this movie that is only vaguely referenced that I'd love to see a series expand on.

>I mean that the hero acted like he knew he was the hero
He knew he was the hero because he's a decorated general and prince of a fucking nation
>knew that the world operates according to fantasy movie logic
Yeah lol why would someone who has lived their entire lives in a fantasy world think using fantasy world logic?
>Like when he sticks his hand into the lava to get the glaive somehow knowing it wouldn't hurt him, or when he declares that he's going to go find a band of companions to help him beat the bad guy.
Talk about nitpicking

Attached: 1560564761854.png (662x478, 21.89K)

Very Krullian

He was a 10th level paladin

Wonder how much of it was Dungeons and Dragons lore they had to change when they lost the license to the material

>Yeah lol why would someone who has lived their entire lives in a fantasy world think using fantasy world logic?
Maybe this is a generation divide. I know zoomers love fantasy settings that are explicitly video games or RPGs in-universe. I don't like that kind of thing.

And I mean "hero" in the Campbell "hero with a thousand faces" sense. Krull guy acts like he's read the book and he's going through the motions. It's a very cookie-cutter plot but doesn't have much creative or different from other 80's fantasy to redeem it.

I'm an old millennial but it's hard to get over the old combat scenes, overall it's very dated. Also only boomers watched it in theaters

It had a generic story and generic characters that were greatly uplifted by the visuals, designs and special effects. The Beast's Fortress is a work of art. I would absolutely rank it above shit like Dragonslayer, Ladyhawke or Hawk the Slayer.