I can sit through a 4 hour borefest like Heaven's Gate just fine

I can sit through a 4 hour borefest like Heaven's Gate just fine
But 2 hour movies like The Rock that are just mindless action I can't even stand the first 10 minutes of
Am I just too high IQ for low brow cinema? Also, rec me pretentious and overly long movies

Attached: IMG_20210914_001110.jpg (648x568, 66.4K)

Imagine getting filtered by schlock. Lmao, the absolute state of pseuds.

This nigga enjoys watching 4 minutes of ancient wypipo dancing lmao.

>frogposter
Gross. Go back to that subhuman filthy manhole called reddit:

I actually like the wedding sequence in the deer hunter better than the rest of the entire movie
I think I'm the anti-filter

Attached: 1631574495831.jpg (647x567, 41.7K)

Heaven's gate is a great film. I recommend Intolerance, Tombstone (not long but similar to Heaven's), Il Gattopardo and Ben Hur

It just sounds like you don't like action movies and action is the worst genre.

I don't know, I like Breakdown and Predator, those are action movies, right?

Attached: p19312_p_v8_ab.jpg (960x1440, 453.57K)

The Ten Commandments
Ryan's Daughter
Spartacus
Doctor Zhivago
Cleopatra
The Sound of Music
The Great Escape
Around the World in 80 Days

>Cleopatra
It's the only one I've watched out of those, I don't think it's pretentious, just grandiose. And big budget movies back then were always like that

I have the director's cut of Das Boot, 3:29.

I'm just posting the longer movies I have watched, leaving out obvious stuff like Gone With The wind and such.

Did you like any?

If Dennis Hopper had his way you would have 4hr versions of Easy Rider and the truly abysmal Catchfire.

ww2 dramas are where it's at
Where Eagles Dare
guns of navarone

just the right amount of action and a much included suspense drama in the build up to action. if that fails there is always pure drama.

prince of the city
the leopard
night falls on manhatten

Also love exposure, kino as fuck

All of them are good.

You're just a pseud. You think a film is something beyond a product, that people are producing these things for the sake of art... you're even stupider than the people you mock.

Attached: 1559178615782.png (727x682, 168.44K)

I just find a long scenic picture more entertaining than mindless explosions and gunshots

Attached: IMG_20210925_053602.jpg (550x504, 62.75K)

Ur a low t faggot

user, i'm in love with you.

Attached: 1661136681028858.png (976x850, 434.43K)

>Also, rec me pretentious and overly long movies

Lawrence of Arabia, although I don't find it pretentious or overly long, but it's a textbook example of exactly what you're talking about.

You might also like Kelly's Heroes. It looks like just another cliched WW2 movie, but it's actually a really great subversive comedy in disguise.