What the fuck does "the movie insists upon itself" even fucking mean?

What the fuck does "the movie insists upon itself" even fucking mean?

Attached: pepefroggie.jpg (800x450, 39.57K)

The frogposter insists upon himself.

The trips insist upon themselves

As long as no one is kicking down the door to shit on the carpet things remain relatively OK.

Normal words, but a pseud guy!

The film is structured in a way that is intended to say/constantly boasts "LOOK AT ME, I AM A GREAT FILM" rather than just telling the story. It's inauthentic and when done wrong, becomes annoying. Thing is, Godfather tells its story just fine and none of the film techniques are over-the-top.

One film that I would say "insists upon itself" is Watchmen, it trots out every musical/recent history trope in the book. I think in the Vietnam scene All Along the Watchtower was playing or something similar, just way too on-the-nose, and even the frat guy next to me audibly said to his buddy "damn, they're just hitting them (every lazy trope) all, aren't they?

It means somewhere in the movie someone said the movie title, for example
>no, it can't be... Patrick, YOU'RE the american psycho???!?

Attached: paul-allen-american-psycho1.jpg (360x152, 11.54K)

It's soft language meaning the director is being a tryhard.

You are shallow and pendantic

contrived.

in awe of itself and directed with far more gravitas and importance that it deserves

IRAQ LOBSTER!

Death to America... and butter sauce!

That scene was so dumb...

Watch Requiem for a dream and you'll know

lol you remember what the guy in the theatre next to you said to his buddy in 2009?

it has forced scenery

>user's life is so empty and devoid of meaning/other people that he perfectly remembers even the most meaningless sand mundane things going years back

Nu-Simpsons couch gags are an example of this.

Regardless, Snydermen was insisting upon itself.

NTA but people tend to be able to recall small moments like that, you'd understand if you had a life.

imagine trying to twist something as mundane as this into an insult
the narcissist life really is borign

watch magnolia and you will understand

It's because he said exactly what I was thinking at the time, and because he was right. Watchmen is EXTREMELY hackneyed and over-the-top in its cultural/musical cues meant to recap recent boomer history. It's like Forrest Gump on steroids.

>Thing is, Godfather tells its story just fine and none of the film techniques are over-the-top.
except, you know, they guy in it that they call godfather

Whatever, no life loser, get laid why don't ya

I love the money pit

walking dead insists upon itself

arrogant.