2 season in

>2 season in
>interesting stuff only happens once in every 10 episodes

you lied to me Any Forums
I thought this was kino

Attached: brab4.png (800x1000, 1.54M)

it is kino, it's just kind of slow at times and takes like two seasons to really get its footing. the cgi is comically bad

Did Deep Space 9 rip this off or did Babylon 5 rip off Deep Space 9

>it is kino, it's just kind of slow at times and takes like two seasons to really get its footing. the cgi is comically bad
Comfy PS1 era graphics. Makes me want to order some Dominos. I'm not sure why I associate PS1 graphics with pizza.

Just watch Farscape

ds9 ripping off bab5
I bet half of bab5 production budget is from the settlement

It's basically 1.5 seasons prologue and worldbuilding. But if you aren't hooked by the end of 2nd season it's probably not for you. Still think it's one of tvs most kino shows of all time

>Did Deep Space 9 rip this off or did Babylon 5 rip off Deep Space 9
Deep Space 9 ripped THEM off, and they make a bitter reference somewhere in S2 or S3 with an episode all about Babylon 5 merch, because the station got so famous in-universe.
There's literally a line in Babylon 5 like "This isn't some Deep Space station"

Dominos brought back a cgi noid for a bit in the late 90s i think. Even at the time people used to make fun of the cgi in shows like xena, hercules, and babylon 5. they really were comfier times for sure.

more like GariBALDi, am I right?

That's MEESTER GariBALDi to you

Attached: De3ZDdzUEAExHX7.jpg (828x480, 55.86K)

I always thought he should have been played by Dean Norris (Breaking Bad's ASAC Hank Shrader)

b8 thread. Don't reply.

>the cgi is cutting edge for the time and no one had ever seen better on tv
ftfy
Unless you're one or those people who will be complaining about 2022 cgi looking like shit in 10+ years. Then you can choke on President Clark's dick.

expressing my opinion is now a bait, you nigger ?

you're completely wrong though zoomie. people used to make fun of cgi on these shows all of the time. the only reason they used it was because it was the cheapest option available compared to a creature shop or shooting with models like star trek

Strange show, in the sense that I've watched in once fully around 20 years ago and it was the best thing ever, now that I'm an actual adult, rewatching half of the episodes are pretty bad. Just to name some random points

Most of the worldbuilding is fine. They take a lot from religious text but still keep sci-fi enough to be engaging.
The character arcs(for the most part) are ok, nothing special really
Gkar/Molari chemistry is really good, one of the high points of the show until the very end.
Garibaldi carries most of the scenes he's in. He's not amazing, the side characters like the doc or his chief of sec are ok time fillers, nothing extraordinary there, just bread and butter television stuff.
Ivanova is OK tier, some waifufags love her, personally I think the russian thing gets overdone, but it was the 90s so that makes sense I guess. She's basically the female Chekov of the series.
Talia Winters had a lot of potential but just like everything else with the telepath arc was completely boring
Delenn is meh tier, especially after she turns human. Not much to talk about there, maybe some high points when she was on the council but that's about it.
The
My boy Lennier, the literal /our guy/ original simp was done real dirty by the writers lmao. It's so pathetic and laughable to see this character spiral into his arc that I'm genuinely amazed both the actor and the writers thought this was great development for him. I honestly can't find the words I feel genuinely bad for the actor and the character. Definitely the lowest part of the show, like waching a car crash in slow motion.
Sheridan steals the show completely, hard carries it as a replacement in s2.
And of course Sinclair is literally space Jesus. The most based individual in the entire series. Both the actor and the character. Without any spoilers his arc is extremely satisfying, all things considering.

Narrative wise I think the quality really takes a dive around the Telepath war, a lot

There is no filing anywhere in the United States relating to a lawsuit or settlement between Warner and Paramount.
Babylon 5 was thought up years before DS9 and the creator pitched it to Paramount before Warner, giving Paramount executives access to the B5 "Bible".
Obviously Paramount saw the value in Sci Fi shows at the time, but they literally owned Star Trek, so why open a second Canon when they could keep the ball rolling on Trek brand awareness and goodwill.
DS9 similarities are that it takes place on a space station that is a central hub of commerce and diplomacy, and the plot is serialized. Although seeds may have been planted in the heads of execs or producers by the B5 demonstration, those elements of DS9 were clearly to differentiate the show from the still-running TNG. Paramount didn't want 2 ship shows, and a static location naturally lends itself better to serialization than a 'globe'-trotting planet of the week formula like TNG.
When you distill settings to 'moving' vs 'stationary', it's pretty easy to call things rip offs of each other.
People will also point out dumber things like the same names (though spelled differently) popping up in both shows, even though the characters attached to those names, like Lyta, are completely different.
Ultimately, the characters, world building, and plot stands on its own in each show.
It was also clear the showrunners reconciled; there were cross-show guest starrings and the crew of either show played softball with each other.

>there were cross-show guest starrings
really ?

I like that manlet psi corp guy
he's ok

why did sinclair actor gone after season one anyway
it's so obvious his gf is the one who's supposed to die

That was actually the real actor that played Chekov. Walter Koenig.

>why did sinclair actor gone after season one anyway
Look him up. It's pretty crazy, literally.

>jakhar vs lando
>nuke boy
kino
everything else is ok

the first episodes are so shit I bounced off
I don't like the formulaic "habenning of the week" writing the shows used to have so I'm not gonna suffer through it just for some cool ideas and overarching plot
I know straczynski is a good writer so I'm interested in the rumoured reboot

>Straczynski revealed that O'Hare struggled with delusions and paranoia due to mental illness
just went full schizo huh

you have to enjoy the space soap opera parts, otherwise you wont like it

Is the Regent based on O'Hare?

I hate that they killed off Lyta in the Telepath war and Talia offscreen. It was so dumb. You had two truly hot bimbos on the show and one fucking job... so you make the blonde one go crazy and the redhead die in an explosion, amazing. Lennier was a simp from day 1. Morden was pretty based, my favorite. Anything with the main story and the conflict with the shadows was the best.

Imagine being on set with that and keeping it together

The monster of the week episodes are the best and what makes series interesting, no idea why zoomers hate them so much

Because the main arc has the deepest lore, nuance and complexity to it. They constantly reference stuff from 2-3 seasons ago in those episodes and it gives you a reason to care or follow through what's going on, most one-off eps were decent but they weren't nearly as good

They shoulda made this fine psicorps piece of ass a regular.

Attached: babylon 5 kelsey.jpg (718x406, 29.44K)