Terminator Salvation

Why was this movie so hated?

Sure, it’s PG-13 but that’s not inherently bad, only something to make one raise an initial eyebrow. Yeah, it doesn’t show the future war in the same way it was scene in flashbacks, but it’s also early in the future war and not even the same future war. The one seen in flashbacks started in ‘97, the Salvation one in ‘03.

I think the hate is solely because of fan expectations. But it’s genuinely a great entry into the series. We get to see the T-600 that was previously only mentioned, Linda Hamilton has a voice cameo, and the T-800 at the end is a solid cameo. It feels like a film made by someone who had love for what came before.
And the terminator’s shown in the film are genuinely scary and intimidating, unlike Genisys. They can tank an incredible amount of damage. Which is to say nothing about how good the effects look. I genuinely stand that the T-800 endoskeleton at the end is the best a terminator endoskeleton has ever looked. It’s a shame how dogshit they appear in Genisys.

It’s a good movie and the best post T2 entry into the franchise.

Attached: 36B8C31C-5A31-454F-83AA-BC8A7C0C9C33.jpg (480x360, 41.62K)

Because it was shit.

I agree with everything you said, OP
nah you are

>I think the hate is solely because of fan expectations

That's a perfectly valid reason to hate it you know. When you make a sequel/spinoff to one of the most loved films of all time, you cannot ignore what the fans want.

Marcus was a boring character.
Also Terminators, who are supposed to be top infiltrators spraying a damn minigun and groaning like a monster was stupid

>Why was this movie so hated?
Who hates Salvation? It's the only decent Terminator project besides 1 and 2.

>terminators built to be an infiltrator.
>let's use the most chad stats possible.
>oh shit gotta dial in the inhibitors on it so he doesn't rip people in half on accident.

It wasn’t a top infiltrator though. It was a T-600, the big thing about them is that they suck as infiltrators and are just ground troops. They’re literally hulking machines wearing rubber Halloween masks. They’re used as ground troops. And they’re not groaning or growling, I’m pretty sure that’s the sound of the joints moving combined with said joints being heavily exposed to weather.

I’m a huge fan of film as an art and I honestly love the film just on a technical level. There’s so much stuff that’s practical and it’s even more amazing these days, because I’m current year a lot of that would be shit CGI.

I appreciated Bale's channeling of Linda Hamilton. This John Connor felt a lot more like the son of Sarah Connor than the moping slacker in Terminator 3

I can understand older T series used as grunts, but them wielding a minigun with stormtrooper aim was just silly

I see that point, but I don’t think it’s fully applicable here. It’s not The Last Jedi in regards to fan expectations. I think here it’s a case of fan expectations actually being too much. The big expectation being the future war lasers and skulls aesthetic. But not only is this early in the war, before the laser guns existed or were common place, it’s also not even the same time loop. Point here being that it was meant to be the start of a trilogy leading up to the future fans wanted to see. I think it’s something that makes sense in that regard.

Not featuring John Connor as sole protag was the reason this flick failed, as I see it
Still waiting for Terminator prequel done like Planet of the Apes trilogy, featuring Sarah and young John Connor

Attached: 71ElGc-xErL._SL1401_.jpg (1000x1401, 228.69K)

When we see it during the final act it makes sense because the targeting system for the unit has been damaged, but I always interpreted the first T-600 we see having bad aim because it was finding its range.

I really wish they would have stuck with original ending where John dies and Marcus has John's face transplanted to him. Watching the movie with this knowledge makes more sense.

It sanitized the future war just like T2 sanitized Terminators traveling to the past. But it's the best Terminator movie behind the first two. Yelchin did a good job playing young Reese

Nick Stahl looked and acted like Reese (and Brewster wore a pink shirt like Sarah in T1). Bale was portraying the John you see in T2 (kid and adult). Which is fine, but Sarah and Kyle are both dirty blondes and adult John would probably look more like Stahl

I honestly don’t know how I feel about that. It’s almost like it reduces the importance of John Connor since anyone can be him. But I definitely am not a fan of the original ending where a terminator kills all of the resistance leaders right before the credits.

Blonde hair always looks darker the shorter it's cut. That doesn't matter anyway, Bale was more deranged by his mission, just like Sarah was in T2

Huh. Now that I think about it, ignoring the being a pussy drug addict part, I can see the resemblance between T3 John and Kyle.

Arguably Sarah acted most reasonably, given her circumstances.

I just want to say that T2 Sarah is the ideal woman. That is all.

what would happen if the machines just killed Reese instead of using him to bait Connor?

of course, but to the rest of the world that's blissfully ignorant about the hell they're approaching, she was apparently deranged

you could interpret it that Marcus was always the one to defeat Skynet wearing John's face and that Skynet simply didn't know it was him and by attempting to kill "not important" John it created Marcus. That plus you know, Terminators infiltrating wearing human faces and shit.

Nothing. Terminator time travel isn’t like BttF where John would just disappear or some shit. Nobody actually changes the past, they just create a new timeline. But the characters don’t know that, so they treat it in film like BttF time travel because they can’t take the risk.