Star Wars back in theaters in 2025

Attached: 2025-800x450.jpg (800x450, 65.84K)

Keep it.

Need it

I hope to be dead by then...

I hope /ourguy/ Sheev makes another triumphant return.

Attached: 1571932484783.jpg (1246x1158, 111.11K)

What even is the plan for Star Wars by Disney going forward? Just more TV shows?

I've no idea what they can do to inject enough value in the brand to push people to go see SW stuff in theaters.

Remakes of the OT and PT

The problem with the last trilogy was that they refused to do anything that didn't pander to the plebs. Everything that had a new design was just a slight tweak of an old design. But SW is a limited IP and the well was completely dry by TROS, so what are they going to do? Make ANOTHER remake of the OT?

I say that is the sign they are really scrapping the barrel. People may watch it, though I imagine much of that will be hate watching - maybe the first remake does well (just for curiosity) though I don't know if there will be enough interest for five other remakes.

Guys, guys, guys...what if Rey was actually Shmi this entire time, and had force ghost sex with Ben and that's how Anakin was born, plotholes and space time continuum be damned.

>so what are they going to do? Make ANOTHER remake of the OT?
My guess is genuine teenage protagonists. Get that Stranger Things crowd
Captcha: PANDR

Sorry, TLJ was willfully offensive and I have no plans to give the Mouse anymore money.

We get 3 movies of Rey becoming a moisture farmer and using the force to do manual labor just a little bit easier.
>this is unironically better than anything disney will shit out and force feed the plebs

They need to jump forward something like thousand years, that way everything is removed from the prequels/OT/sequels. The other options is doing something in the Old Republic era however, 1) isn't their High Republic (I know little about it) basically a quasi / poor man's version of the Old Republic? and 2) if do the Old Republic they just risk angering fans by mishandling it.

Solo lost money.
Everyone hates The Raise of Palpatine.
Fett and Kenobi were absolute trash.
Nobody cares anymore

>I say that is the sign they are really scrapping the barrel. People may watch it, though I imagine much of that will be hate watching - maybe the first remake does well (just for curiosity) though I don't know if there will be enough interest for five other remakes.
They could pull a Superman Returns and make a new Episode 7 that retcons the earlier Episode 7. Just like Returns is a Superman III that retcons the earlier Superman III and IV.

That's patently untrue. Disney can and has shit out complete garbage and people gobble it up and beg for more. They will never close the book on SW because it's a license to print money

>Disney can and has shit out complete garbage and people gobble it up and beg for more
Streaming content is not the same as theatrical releases.
>it's a license to print money
The brand has no appeal left beyond nostalgia bait.

Is Kathleen K. Kennedy (or KKK as I like to call her) still in charge?
Doomcock said she was violently expelled from Disney premises 5 or 6 times already, after so many times you'd think they'll have a second thought before letting her back in.

All Disney has going for it IS nostalgia bait. It's easy and bankable.

>make a new Episode 7
They won't though.

Maybe they'll finally get around to casting the first female cast member in the series.