Normies actually think this is realistic royal hunt

>"GRRM complained about Robert's hunt in GOT"
>"HOTD is showing a real royal hunt, by making a hunt with no hunting, this is realistic, just like GRRM wanted"
It isn't accurate no matter what they say behind the scenes, king's actually died while hunting because they actually chased deer with a horse and often shot themselves (see William II of England or his brother).
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Hunting_accident_deaths

Attached: cap_House.of.the.Dragon.S01E03.Second.of.His.Name.WEB.x264-TORRENTGALAXY.[TheRostrum.net]_00:36:44_01.jpg (521x405, 97.41K)

ahh yes the wikipedia history expert, I have heard many tales of your exploits

>royal hunt
>just say around and got drunk
>other people found the stag and captured it
>he just had to stab it
>couldn't even kill it properly

What's even the point to do this?
Its not hunting at all for the king.
If you want to throw a party and get drunk, then just do that.

i think the point was to show that the king wasnt a good hunter, he didnt even manage to finish the stag off and had to be told to do it again.

alot of people still hunt like this to this day.

today in Alaska you can use an assault rifle to shoot wolves from a helicopter

I think the point is that it's supposed to be emblematic of his style of reign. He doesn't really do anything himself he sort of just sits there playing with his Warhammer models while Damien/Corlys fight his wars, Otto runs his kingdom, etc.

I heard in old Russia they used to drag dear carcasses behind a cart and musket them.

The point is to show that the Targ dynasty is already brimming with excessive hedonism and decay. The King doesn't fight any of his vassal's conflicts, he doesn't hunt, he doesn't construct any real new cities or projects except his miniatures in his room, the actor was cast to be weak: has no chin and massive doe-eyes, and has no idea how to kill a Stag. This is blatant, perhaps too-nail-on-the-head, that the Targaryan Dynasty will have difficulty killing the Baratheons.

It's all prestige and make-pretend.

>king is not skilled enough to hunt properly
>they have to stage it to please him

Everybody knows, the king included, that he cannot to it properly. So everybody just pretends and say "yeah good job king!"

He cannot even (dis)mount a house without a fucking stool. But that has probably more to do with the actors fitness than anything else.

>when a game of thrones show is too deep for you
It's over for you, OP

true, but normies intepret it to be realistic hunt

>Otto runs his kingdom
At least he shows up for small council meetings, unlike Robert and Joffrey

yeah, hes kind of a weak king.

To be fair, i'm not much of a fan of HOTD, but it kinda makes sense for Viserys character given that he is a weak king and not all that interested in warring or even doing anything kingly

Well, he tries his best but he is no leader material.

The point was to show how big the role of a King is to Viserys.

More innie pussy your Grace?

Attached: 1662143420034030.png (636x609, 450.42K)

What a lucky king

Attached: 1661824695802081.jpg (265x265, 51.15K)

Or should we play LEGO again? You're the King. I must obey.

Attached: 1662142531372679.gif (720x342, 3.58M)

is this the Arryn lady?

>Throw a party instead of hunt
>Women come in, your day out with bros is ruined

Alicent Makes your Tower High.

Attached: 1662104842965580.png (1376x937, 1.8M)

I don't watch the show but I'm a miniatures autist, can someone post the miniatures scene everyone keeps joking about? Heres a grey knight as a reward

Attached: file.png (259x475, 195.5K)

Not all kings were into hunting. The ones who were probably did a lot themselves but others would just do it as a tradition or something before a great feast and would deliver the killing blow so symbolically it was like “the king is providing food for the realm” literally.