Google rings of power

>google rings of power
>pic related pops up
What is their angle?

Attached: 907-094325.jpg (890x1016, 121.13K)

>watch our shitty show/movie/video game or you are RACIST/SEXIST/HOMOPHOBIC
Works every time and by works I mean it fails and kills franchises that have been around for decades

They think they can scare people into watching a boring show, and if they can't they can at least scare them into not talking about how boring it is.

>What is their angle?
Watch our billion dollar pile of shit or you're racist.

You think they can kill Lord of the Rings?

Brow beat normies into giving it a positive rating to counteract whats happened thus far. Also more exposure for the show and a convient "out" for why the reviews suck - hoping that people will just ignore the bad reviews.

>take a highly regarded ip
>turn it into a racial/political statement
>pay off a bunch of clowns to jack you off over what a powerful racial/political statement it is, explicitly say it's good because there are less White people, tell racists not to watch it
>normal people, predictably, give a thumbs down and turn their noses up at it
>shut it down, delete the bad reviews and ratings, flip the fuck out and accuse all of THEM as "being racist and making it a political issue"
I am so glad this absolute trash is bombing.

Attached: 1662476153434796.jpg (236x236, 8.94K)

Normies are conditioned to think Raycism is always bad and that you shouldn't sympathize with the idea, much less support this.

Knowing this, marketing uses it as handy scapegoat to diverge attention away from their awful shows and films whenever they get reviewed poorly. Calling a review racist or problematic is a perfect catch-all to invalidate the author and their criticism, even if the review actually isn't racist in the first place and is calling out genuine problems with the product.

They killed Star Wars, didn't they? That was far bigger than LOTR at its apex.

>original trilogy
>when you see Galadriel you get the feeling just seeing her that she is an incredibly powerful being in LOTR
>all of this without 1 scene if her doing "badass flips" and single handedly slaying a troll like it was a mere house fly
How did they do it? Why can Amazon not apparently manage this?

>News about racism
Do people seriously just spend all day digging up shit that doesn’t matter to be offended by?

Wrong. Star Wars had already been damaged by the prequels. Also there are alot of pillars in Sci-Fi. Lord of the Rings is the fucking backbone in fantasy.

Yeah, there's an entire website dedicated to it (twitter).

The point is if you google "The Lord of the Rings: Rings of Power" it literally pops up with "News about racism"

Black Lives Matter and you folx are chuds

Star Wars was doing just fine all the way up until Disney bought it. People bitched about Lucas' retarded fuckups, sure, but it was still regularly talked about, beloved, and one of the top ips. Absolutely nobody gives a shit about it now.

And even if Lucas had ruined it rather than Disney, it still would've proved my point regardless - that you can quickly shred the biggest ips with poor management.

>Black Lives Matter
False.
>and you folx are chuds
True.

Attached: 1621020604063.jpg (601x1022, 81.53K)

My point is LOTR is dug in deeper than Star Wars by virtue of there not being as many big Fantasy IPs and even then most fantasy IPs being heavily heavily influenced by it.

I get your point. My point is this: don't underestimate their power. If Amazon fucks off and stops this shit, it may recover. But if they keep going and churning out insipid dogshit like Disney did, they will run the ip into the ground just the same. Thankfully, I don't think they got enough of the rights to do irreparable damage.

Honest question how is the show? Like aside from the race shit is it at least competently made? Does it at least feel like Lord of the Rings?

>Does it at least feel like Lord of the Rings?

kek