Why is this movie panned and generally hated by critics and even the actors like Brad Pitt?

Why is this movie panned and generally hated by critics and even the actors like Brad Pitt?

I just watched it again and its fucking kino

Attached: w.jpg (960x1440, 404.03K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bpLtXIlkyYA?t=124
youtube.com/watch?v=tCoAdQAfKJk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why does anyone care about what critics say in 2022?

brad pitt is a chud. real war is waged by calling the parents of a dead russian soldier to show them a video of a turk beheading his corpse. thats democracy.

The scene when achilles storms the beach looks great, and so is the music
youtu.be/bpLtXIlkyYA?t=124

Attached: A7C996E9-4644-405F-8ACA-F465DE2CF83B.gif (498x205, 240.86K)

It needed to be under 2 hours.

it's a bad adaptation written by the guy who would go on to do GOT

Not enough god capeshit for ebert

I'm only disappointed we didn't get an Odyssey movie starring Sean Bean.

Theatrical cut wasn't as good as the Director's cut, which, yes, is fucking kino.

theatrical cut gets panned, directors cut comes out later and is kino

happens with a lot of historical epic movies, Kingdom of Heaven did the same thing

youtube.com/watch?v=tCoAdQAfKJk
show me a better fight in film

It’s miles better than the po-faced wank fest that was Gladiator but modern audiences don’t like it because Patroclus isn’t gay or something.

>Peter O'Toole, who played Priam, spoke negatively of the film during an appearance at the Savannah Film Festival, stating he walked out of the film fifteen minutes into a screening, and criticized the director, slamming him as "a clown".[20] Years later, Brad Pitt expressed disappointment with the film saying, "I had to do Troy because [...] I pulled out of another movie and then had to do something for the studio. So I was put in Troy. It wasn't painful, but I realized that the way that movie was being told was not how I wanted it to be. I made my own mistakes in it. What am I trying to say about Troy? I could not get out of the middle of the frame. It was driving me crazy. I'd become spoiled working with David Fincher. It's no slight on Wolfgang Petersen. Das Boot is one of the all-time great films. But somewhere in it, Troy became a commercial kind of thing. Every shot was like, 'Here's the hero!' There was no mystery."

I 100% agree but I don't think a big budget Hollywood adaptation of The Odyssey would really work, they'd shoehorn a ton of action scenes in and ruin the climax of Odysseus blowing up his wife's suitors skulls with a giant bow and arrow. Scene Bean was great as Odysseus in Troy though

brainlets not understanding the mythological epic that the movie got 100% right

so pitt is upset about being in the spotlight too much? even though the iliad did focus on achilles?

The Virgin Troy vs The Chad Alexander

>uhm ackshully the gods fought alongside warriors in the iliad
if the war and troy even existed at all, this movie seems like a more realistic take on it than the iliad itself

>even though the iliad did focus on achilles?
Yeah but it's a bit ambigious as to whether or not he's the hero, most people would agree that Hector is the real protagonist more than anything

alexander fucked sissy tranny boipussy and wild nubian queens. you fuck "chaste hwhite wheat field church woman" you are GAY

to make one person into the main hero would mean to side with them and demonize the other side. the movie showed nuance of two flawed warring parties, neither of them clearly in the right.
sounds like a case of people being too attached to generic movie structures when stuff like this works just fine focusing on multiple people

>stealth Armand Assante thread
"Έχω υποφέρει πολλά, έχω κόψει πολύ και σκληρά μέχρι τώρα στα κύματα και τους πολέμους. Προσθέστε αυτό στο σύνολο — ξεκινήστε τη δοκιμή!"

Attached: a00a45c6cbdba1ac7fa568e0b1c8234d.jpg (643x480, 39.01K)