How did he not become a star...

How did he not become a star? He got off to a good start in Rocky IV then almost immediately slipped into limited-theatrical release and DTV hell.

Attached: Dolph-Lundgren-the-80s-42744669-580-770.jpg (580x770, 76.83K)

No charisma, only looks. He's bland and souless like all autistic Scandinavians. Even Germans have more soul.

He was handsome with good hair, huge and an actual martial artist, but he couldn't actually act. Though I guess to be fair Arnold couldn't really either.

can he act? he barely if at all talked in rocky so i don't know. big brain on this fella, though.

A charisma black hole. He just can't act.
>B-but he looks like a God! Absolute perfection! Why isn't everyone else worshipping him?
You're gay

Nah, there's a reason why he was never in anything aside from action and B-horror movies.

You think he cares if he was not successful. I guess life was just so good to him(being a tall scandinavian chad and all) that he never put in the effort

Arnold had tons of charisma

Brehs, is it possible to develop charisma?

His acting was great in universal soldier.

Yeah, just be a sociopath like me haha :)

Hollywood didn't need another muscle guy with a thick accent who can't act

i've never understood the love for arnold. he has the same negative amount of charisma on screen as dolph.

Red Scorpion and Showdown in Little Tokyo are overlooked gems.

You're clearly wrong if you've seen either of their movies or seen either in interviews.

I think one of the main contributing factors for charisma and the difference between him and Arnold is not taking yourself so seriously.

You have these two massive physically imposing guys but one of them has this aura of goofiness and friendliness to him that contrasts his physical prowess while the other looks like a serious, unapproachable behemoth.

I may be wrong but it's what I think.

He could only pull off villains, and he joined the muscle action star club too late. Arnold and Sly were already dominating that sector by the time he got his first big role. Honestly even Sly and Arnold were already turning into walking jokes by the mid 90s.

ugly as fuck
he might have a nice body, but when it comes to his face arnold mogs the everliving fuck out of him

So you on the action star pyramid, you had Sly and Arnold at the top with Van Damme, Seagal before he lost his marbles and Wesley Snipes right below, and then at the bottom you have the shitters like Brian Thompson, Frank Zagarino, Matthias Hues, Daniel Bernhardt and so on. Where does Dolph place?

van damme was a bigger joke than seagal. never drew a dime

He's not a very good actor just a gigachad

Attached: rocky-4s-ivan-drago-gets-creed-spinoff-movie-main.jpg (2000x1000, 409.2K)

he's huge in eastern europe, though i doubt that made much cash. still, i remember growing up van damme movies were huge here, and pretty much EVERYONE knows who van damme is.
in the same way americans would joke and say
>what are you, rambo?
they would say that here about van damme, except in even more contexts, his name is basically synonymous with a tough, good-looking action guy