Adaptations

So Hollywood's been creatively bankrupt for the past decade.

Adaptations, sequels, remakes, etc.

Since there's nothing original on the horizon, which is the TOP BOOK/NOVEL SERIES you'd like to see adapted, and adapted well?

Attached: books.jpg (640x440, 72.79K)

Unfilmable, but I wanna see Craig Zahler take a shot at it.

Attached: FE945448XX-2.jpg (600x896, 179.44K)

Attached: 71amqRNTB-L.jpg (775x1195, 236.26K)

Why the fuck would you want Hollywood to get their dirty mitts on a book you like?

Attached: 91WInr92MSL.jpg (1613x2400, 956.03K)

nothing made me seethe more as a child than the soulless reproduction of goosebumps
only the french and the italians have the right to reproduce the written medium into the visual one
they alone care more about aesthetics than the anglo current day political autism

Attached: 1633549685074.png (633x892, 159.28K)

Since Harmony Korine is no longer attached I fear it'll be pushed onto Euphoria's Sam Levinson since he's today's utmost expert on teenage sex.

Attached: tampa.jpg (650x409, 237.65K)

Give Me Liberty is an American four-issue comic book mini-series published by Dark Horse Comics in 1990. It was created and written by Frank Miller and drawn by Dave Gibbons. Give Me Liberty was one of Frank Miller's two creator-owned (the other was Hard Boiled) titles he took to Dark Horse after deciding to stop working for DC Comics after a dispute over a proposed ratings system.

The story is set in a dystopian near-future where the United States has split into several extremist factions, and tells the story of Martha Washington, a young African American girl from a public housing project called "The Green" (Chicago's Cabrini–Green). The series starts with Martha's birth and sees her slowly grow up from someone struggling to break free of the public housing project, to being a war hero and major figure in deciding the fate of the United States.

Just finished this because I saw it in a thread last week. Would like to see the right people make it, but the 90s or whenever Gwen Paltrow was developing I feel like would've been the time to make it hot off and in the vein of Talented Mr. Ripley, Rules of Attraction, Very Bad Things.

Attached: the-secret-history.jpg (353x540, 36.51K)

Attached: 81DcfOcTUAL.jpg (1533x2327, 411.79K)

Could it even be adapted? Better as a video game or as the Netflix Bandersnatch gimmick?

Attached: House_of_leaves.jpg (275x362, 14.1K)

6 hours of rape and murder.
Gaspar Noe could make it.

Remade as the limited series, but with Peter Stormare or Christopher Walken as Tommy Wiseau,

Attached: da.jpg (1400x2085, 221.13K)

It's about time we heard the Juice's side of the story.

Attached: 0 Lr7i7q63XPO2DMon.jpg (632x478, 62.92K)

Attached: 71Nc4m2FIJL.jpg (809x1200, 178.83K)

>Bob Hamer is a 26-year veteran of the FBI. In undercover operations Hamer posed as everything from a drug dealer to an aging pedophile. His last undercover assignment-and his hardest-was infiltrating NAMBLA, the North American Man/Boy Love Association. Now, looking back on a career rich in the kind of action that makes for great cinema, Bob tells us of the challenges he endured and overcame as he stared the dark side of humanity in the face-and never blinked. It is rare for an agent to serve undercover long-term, but he made a career out of a job that can completely consume and destroy a man. Remarkably, through all of this Bob found a way to remain true to his faith, and always put his family before his work.

Attached: 3423556._UY475_SS475_.jpg (475x475, 40.38K)

The Brothers Karamazov

>trending on Any Forums
>no wolfe books
Gay
This would be neat but in current year+7 it would need the ultra empowered woman and this story doesn't have that. He fucked up big time making the female dunyain what they are.

>fed infiltrates a fed organization
I bet he fails to disclose just how many of those nambla members were other under cover officers

>Could it even be adapted?
Maybe by David Lynch. But probably not. Part of the book is a meta commentary on writing the book and the book ends as a metaphor for the house. It was designed as a literary piece and would translate poorly to another medium

Hoping that HBO will buy the right to Joe Abercrombie's The First Law series.

Attached: the_feared.jpg (960x953, 95.39K)

You have no idea how fucking next level retarded it gets compared to the first one. Must be seen to be believed.

Attached: 811W9hHXiwL.jpg (1680x2560, 276.38K)

I've walked out of two movies in a theater.
Bowling for Columbine and Ready Player One.

Attached: GUM_CHEW.gif (100x99, 49K)

love these books to death

>There’s some very funny stories of him as a bad father, like when a lady at the park informed him that his son was eating dog shit. and the advice he got from other parents was both “I would take him to the ER” and “I wouldn’t worry about it.”

Attached: 9780525527732.jpg (450x450, 46.11K)

Movie is the most tolerable version of the book hard to believe. Audiobook by Wil Wheaton will give you ulcers it sure gave me ulcers.

Attached: 8189UHLe20L.jpg (1505x2560, 474.28K)