Was it kino?

Was it kino?

Attached: D38F4710-A941-4575-810C-141D802D6F87.jpg (316x316, 78.44K)

kino no longer has any meaning just like based because retards used it too often

Based

>Was
Was something ever kino if you don't find it kino today? Worse, if you think it's now cringe.

looking back, no it wasn't.

It was alright pretty good for the time

kino

keyed post

No not really. Halo was fun at the time and it was related to halo therefore mildly interesting.

kino post

amazingly this post is simultaneously based, locked, keyed and filtered

Yeah, but only to the end of the Washington seasons where Church goes into Reach's blood gulch searching for Tex.

crisp

Only when the joke was that a bunch of idiots were fucking about. It worked still when they extended the joke to a a serious person watching said retards fuck about in astonishment, but died when the show crawled up it’s own ass, and span about in its grave when they added the coldsteel duo

Protoreddit, /twitch
No one actully in the culture liked it, but people who wanted to be relevant to it did.

All the reddit refugees replying to mask their upset at this guy for speaking the truth.
>DAE LE BASED KINO???

Attached: reddit moment.png (594x582, 48.03K)

>Joseph Staten and Eric Nylund Halo lore (1998 - 2010)

Humans are Forerunner. The game came before the story, so they just needed a reason why only humans can activate Halo and why the Covenant wants to kill them. They are Reclaimers because they are reclaiming their old shit. Staten's writing, especially for characters like 343 Guilty Spark and Gravemind, showcase his narrative pretty strongly, as well as Contact Harvest where Mendicant Bias blares it at the Prophets, triggering the war.

The ethical questions surrounding the SPARTAN program
The almost impossible fight against the vastly superior forces of the Covenant and how it's just a losing fight.
The gritty representation of the UNSC/ODST perspective and their weird dynamic with the SPARTANs
The mystery surrounding ONI

>343 (2011-)

So now 343i wants to make their own trilogy, the Reclaimer Saga, with a cohesive lore backing it. Frank O’Connor and Kevin Grace hand the reigns to author Greg Bear, who writes the Forerunner Saga, putting Halo 4 into context, Humans are not descended from Forerunners

>the Ur-Didact performs a brevet mutation on Bornstellar essentially making him a copy of himself. This mutation gave Bornstellar all of the Didact’s thoughts and memories. Bornstellar is now known as the Iso-Didact
>Bornstellar rebirths a proto human as 343 Guilty Spark. We also find out that the Librarian has been busy placing imprints(gei) in many people
>Bornstellar tells of another geas that he suspects the Librarian imprinted somewhere on the Human race.
>Reclaimer, when I indexed mankind for repopulation, I hid seeds from the Didact. Seeds which would lead to an eventuality. Your physical evolution. Your combat skin. Even your ancilla, Cortana. You are the culmination of a thousand lifetimes of planning.
>Master Chief is the one that the Librarian placed this imprint on.
>Iso-Didact is the one who takes his place and ends up firing the Halo array to wipe out the Flood

What were 343 thinking?

Didn't Roosterteeth work an animator to death or something?

Wouldn’t doubt it, but they are Skeletons in the Closet: the company. Kerry is a caramel popcorn red flag if there ever was one

The show had it's moments and was okay at best overall, Panics episode 1 was their best work.
What made it was the RT website being a MySpace ripoff with a karma/level system and a forum. Wish I kept in touch with the people I started playing games with and negbombing mods and their orbiters down a few levels.

i know who you're thinking about, asian guy who did a lot of the animation work for rvb and rwby previously doing a metroid fan animation. i think he got cancer and it wasnt revealed up until he died. his wife or gf was apparently a massive fucking cunt and immediately started selling off all his shit after he died

They were reclaimers in 1 because the original plan was for Halo to have some sort of Marathon connection, whether overt or in references.
Its why Spark is confused as to why Chief hesitates firing the ring, because he already did it in a past life. They were hinting at continuing the 'I am hero' shit from that terminal. But then they made the deal to get out from under Microsoft's thumb and since they wouldnt own Halo after they escaped they stopped with the references.

The original series is genuinely fun, but stop after that.

Allergic reaction to something, as I recall. It was for the best, it was the animator that turned a comedy series into maudlin action crap.

TBF Halo 3 shat on the lore by retconning humans into being seperate from forerunners iirc based on the terminals in the game. 1-2 had them as descendents that needed to be killed as it exposed the covenant as fraudulent that their "gods" were humans. Thankfully we can all just pretend 343 halo never happened, there is a reason the new trilogy never made Halo 6.