Post some kino martial arts movies

Post some kino martial arts movies.

Attached: The_Raid.jpg (1388x2048, 627.22K)

Shaolin Soccer (2001) was peak corny comfy kino

Based.

Attached: Shaolin_Soccer.jpg (960x1440, 378.95K)

I thought HKG was better

Attached: High_Kick_Girl!_(2009).jpg (200x288, 19.38K)

I wish they'd continue where Chambers left off at but nothing wrong with Boyka because Scott Adkins is a fucking Chad.

Attached: 1451247305_Undisputed-II-Last-Man-Standing-2006-R1_1.jpg (3240x2175, 1.36M)

Police Story 1 and 2
Project A part 1 and 2
Armour of God 1 and 2
Fight Back to School 1 and 2
Wheels on Meals
My Lucky Stars
Winners & Sinners
The Prodigal Son
Knockabout
Eastern Condors
Island of Fire

Kung Fu Hustle (2004) and Rob-B-Hood (2006) were the last dying breath of the HK Golden Age of cinema. After that the industry turned into a shithole and effectively died. Thanks CCP.

I agreed, there movies were absolutely kino.
Pic related, I fucking love this trilogy.

Attached: 36_Chambers.jpg (788x1080, 183.85K)

That movie was shit but i watched it for the main girl.
She was such a qt.

Attached: 1ba9a54f67tumblrmdtoc1ugdo1rpkenpo1400.jpg (600x801, 44.21K)

Attached: ong bak 2.jpg (1000x1500, 427.88K)

Ong Bak was really kino.

Attached: Ong-Bak.jpg (351x500, 50.18K)

I was really disappointed when I saw that it had nothing to do with 1 and had a different atmosphere but it turned out great anyways
Fuck 3 tho

The few fights there were in the movie were amazing

Attached: 8ff48357d33255aeaf0f18b664d95ee64ab8c067.jpg (1131x1600, 541.55K)

Attached: Screenshot_20220905-205821__01.jpg (1080x1477, 274.49K)

this movie felt like a brain stroke

Why is Tony Jaa so Based?

Attached: Tony-Jaa.jpg (950x534, 103.64K)

fuck off indog get out from board

Hong Kong films went downhill the moment the CCP annexed HK in 1998. Then it was struggling to survive until the mid 2000s, and then it was done. RIP.

Mainland Chinese films overwhelmingly suck, and will always suck. Even the biggest stars of HK would have never become stars if they were in China. You'll notice that Jackie Chan, Sammo Hung, Yuen Biao and Stephen Chow are not good looking, they became popular because of their sheer talents.

Meanwhile, in the PRC the actors look all like models and lack talent. The audience also gravitates towards mindless CGI and explosions. That's why every poorly-written Hollywood movie with explosions and CGI does well in the Chinese Box Office.

Fucking kino.

Attached: Furie.jpg (1175x1763, 377.51K)

You seem knowledgeable on the subject, could you tell us more? Are there any mainland produced diamonds in the rough? Does Taiwan have any entertainment industry?

This HK anons knows his shit.

Explain Donnie Yen

SPL2: A Time For Consequences
Has literally nothing to do with SPL1 which is some disappointing Donnie Yen movie.
This is probably the last truly great kung fu movie. Absolutely sick action and slick directing that never goes overboard. A truly dark storyline and three charismatic leads. It's got Tony Jaa in it and it's the first movie he's had since his debut that gives him the due respect. It's nearly perfect.

Attached: SPL_II_Teaser_Poster,_Apr_2014.jpg (266x374, 26.3K)

I'm not too knowledgeable about the current events of Chinese cinema, I just like golden age Hong Kong cinema. But I will say that I started watching South Korean cinema in 2006, when the "The Host" came out. It was their biggest movie to date and essentially replaced HK. The timing was perfect. I had previously watched South Korean variety shows, cartoons and documentaries starting a few years earlier on ARIRANG TV when I would occasionally get it.

South Korea as an entertainment venue was still extremely niche at time for foreigners, and it's only in the 2010s that it started to take off. Psy dropped Gangnam Style in 2012 and that was many people's first exposure to ROK entertainment, but it's only in the second half of the 2010s that K-Pop and K-Drama really took off globally.

As for Chinese cinema, the censors do play a role in ruining it. It's extremely difficult to make horror movies, and zombies, demons and witches are banned outright. You can't touch subject matter that questions government authority, so topics like corruption and crooked cops generally aren't allowed. I don't think they even want you to make films set in early British Hong Kong with British troops/administrators in it. China likes to pretend that HK was always under PRC control.

>Explain Donnie Yen
Donnie Yen is one guy, and I've never enjoyed his cinema. They don't have the depth like older HK films do, and I'm not sure if he makes action comedy which is what was my favorite.

The only thing HK cinema is known for now is "Ip Man" and Donnie Yen movies.

That was a great movie too user

Attached: Protag approves.gif (500x281, 899.26K)