A few people laughed, a few people cried. Most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture...

>A few people laughed, a few people cried. Most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita: Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and, to impress him, he takes on his multi-armed form and says, "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."

Attached: 38293_2.8.jpg (1024x768, 133.38K)

>Now I am become Death
Why not "have become"? What the fuck is this translation?

why not "I finna become death"?

>Tommy Oppenheimer recounting the first time he did a racism

>>A few people laughed
An atomic bomb explodes...and you're laughing?

Attached: download (7).jpg (299x168, 5.02K)

no individual person is responsible for the nuclear bomb nor was it an unexpected development so all pop culture media about nuclear testing just comes across as corny americana nostalgic propaganda.
surprised nolan is british when his mechanistic artless direction is so informed by german culture in the worst sense. irrelevant movie that eurocuck pseuds will fellate because they need a white card

>IS THAT A FOOKIN NUCLEAR BOMB!?

Attached: 7ed8f142b9d841fc6856f5bb1da3568e.gif (500x352, 2.28M)

alright this post fucking got me lmao

nah it happened like nick mullen said

Maybe it is phrased bizarrely in the original text.

>"...Now I am become.."
>wait wtf, I mispronounced but can't do nothing or I will look stupid. SHIEEET! fuck it just go with it, my serious in trance face will save me.
>"...Death, the destroyer of worlds."

>"Out of all the thousands of top-level scientists working on this project, it is I, Robert Oppenheimer, who am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."

'Am become' is a very early-modern way of phrasing it, got a King James Bible flavour to it, so it's probably just how the translation he read was worded (cribbing the KJV style was very common for theological translations back in the day to give them more of an air of profundity)
>I am become a stranger unto my brethren, and an alien unto my mother's children - Psalms 69:8
>for with my staff I passed over this Jordan; and now I am become two bands - Genesis 32:10
>I am become a fool in glorying; ye have compelled me: for I ought to have been commended of you - 2 Corinthians 12:11

he didn't mean himself he meant the fucking bomb you drooling retard

>"NOW GO OUT THERE AND DROP THIS NEW BUMB ON THOSE FOOKING RACIST JAPANESE"

Listen to the recording. He does say "Now I HAVE become death," just like Armstrong said, "That's one small step for A man." I don't know who's in charge of writing down spoken quotes, but being deaf should disqualify you.

he meant himself

>no individual person is responsible for the nuclear bomb nor was it an unexpected development
So why didn't everyone else quickly develop it?

>no way the moon landings could've been faked, you'd have to have an entire system set up where most of the actors don't really know what they're working towards while only a handful know the truth. You're delusional chud. it. just. cant. be. done.

Attached: download.png (224x225, 12.5K)

ok

I chortled hard

best reply in this thread

Nuclear fission itself was a German development, but suffered from the brain drain of Jewish physicists to the US and a lack of resources being devoted to nuclear development
Britain was always more interested in engineering than physics, so Britain just handed its research over to the Manhattan team to do it instead (alongside the Aus/NZ/Canadian research)
The Soviets were very close, but they started slow and there was a lack of unified direction in the project