/got/hotd Post battle edition

previous

Attached: 1662329202008447.jpg (1600x1067, 336.49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Rhoyne
youtu.be/FOabQZHT4qY?t=115
twitter.com/AnonBabble

CRABTARDS ETERNALLY BTFO

why was viserys called king of the rhoynar when dorne is an independent kingdom?

so what’s his story?

Attached: E024CE05-7009-4262-A5D6-8BADBBC48855.png (1920x958, 1.8M)

THIS EPISODE WAS FUCKING BORING

So the Triarchy & their army are basically the Taliban? I take it that this won't be the last time we are hearing from them?
>inb4 Targaryens are humiliated and have to run away like US did.

Attached: 611baeb932b7b.jpg (750x500, 75.01K)

picked up by Corlys from Yi Ti

I wonder if they did that on purpose? Basically the Targs claimed that shit for generations before it finally happened. Maybe that is it.

stared too long at the sun, now he's asian

Targs were arrogant and included all those titles even though they hadn’t earned them

He claims the right to rule them whether or not Dorne agrees with him.

Why he waited years before singlehandedly win the war in 10 minutes?

How dare you, he is pure westerosi you bigot, there is no such thing as race

There's literally nothing wrong with being a crab.

Reminder that a Maester never declared the Crabfeeder to be dead so we don't know for sure that he is 100% gone and even if he is actually dead he wouldn't be the first character to come back from the dead in the Game of Thrones universe. I say we have about a 50/50% chance of Crabfeeder coming back and being a major player in the wars to come.

it's like how the british kings claimed the throne of france for centuries wihout ever owning it

So, is Otto simply acting under the guidance of his big brother all along?

Attached: 2022-09-05 111150.png (1567x815, 858.55K)

I really really hope nobody takes this bait

Why is Bobby B. and the monarch that succeeded him aren't called king of the rhoynar when Dorne is part of the seven kingdoms?

Episode was really fucking great until the battle scene.

Is he gonna make it bros?

Attached: 1660870005469.jpg (1111x955, 663.69K)

Rhoynar is not in dorne, its the name of a people (and huge river) in essos that was controlled by the targaeryans.

awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Rhoyne

Its just a title, kind of like english monarchs still called themselves emperors of india long after they lost control of it.

Explain the boar scene to me

Going back to Aegon they claimed it to save face because he did technically conquer Dorne for a few mins before they slot the throat of the Tyrell put in charge of it and took it all back. They fought with them ever since. Rhaenys’ father Aemon died in a war against Dorne.

They are both subversive cunts. But ya Hightower has been at this shit since Aegon the conqueror first took over.

>It's another 40-minutes of plodding soap opera scene after plodding soap opera scene to get to a few minutes of actual shit happening episode
I like HotD but I'm getting mighty tired of this soap opera writing and lack of stuff happening.

>i hate moments like this

Attached: 1650055135154.webm (960x540, 2.39M)

Nah they're basically mujahideen. Remember that the US didn't actually run into strategic difficulties really. The Soviets did. Plus you've the whole angle with the city states funding them, much like with US and the mujahideen.... Targs are basically the soviets of westeros.

Alicent pregnant and LEGOs

Rhae's first kill unlocks her Targ bloodlust

it sure looks like it, horbert(?) is the head of the family and he's probably the one otto sent that letter to in ep1

What the fuck is so bad about Casterly Rock again? Why is everyone shitting on it nonstop?

Attached: 1640203461355.png (885x885, 754.34K)

WHERE THE FUCK IS PATCHFACE GIVE ME PATCHFACE

I thought so too. It had this nice measured pace and a creepy tension even in both places. I think having the two distant locations with parallel action made it feel like GoT a little again.

>second stab for the sweet spot
>second marriage produced a son

What is the message here?

yeah sorry user but it's gonna keep happening until the dance starts

Filled with Lannisters.

Rage. Because his brother trying to claim the victory at the last moment, and everyone else around him is a useless fuck. So he finally snap and handle it all by himself

Attached: 3467809833427.jpg (1920x1080, 279.72K)

He was an orphan on the streets of Asshai who wanted to see the world so he signed up to be a cabin boy on a Westerosi ship at port (the Sea Snake). He was brought back to Driftmark where it was found he had a talent for swordfighting so he was trained and eventually knighted and now he serves as a household knight for Lord Corlys

>Moments taken before disaster.jpg

Attached: Oooff.jpg (1246x3141, 377.84K)

Show needs more Lannisters and less Targshits.

Attached: 16622631628242067.jpg (512x512, 48.54K)

Really liked the episode, but the last 10 minutes kind of ruined it.

Why was it called the Seven Kingdoms if Dorne wasn't in it?

Repeat after me: there is nothing wrong with being a Lancaste- I mean Lannister.

Attached: 1636431119975.png (550x535, 246.19K)

Because they thought it would be too complicated to introduce the Rhoynar

As they should be.

Battle of the Bastards could have been way easier simplified from a writing standpoint, but D&D always have to make everything a shock:

>Sansa tells Jon her cousin is on board and wants to return the North to her
>Jon and his wildling army come out with a numerically inferior force to bait Ramsay out of Winterfell
>Ramsay takes the bait even though his advisors find it strange why Jon would siege Winterfell with a smaller army after Stannis did the same and failed
>Jon digs trenches and makes a sound plan for baiting Ramsay’s army into a trap for the Vale to rape them
>Ramsay plays his own surprise and executes Rickon
>like the actual battle of the bastards, Jon goes full retard and sends his army out into open battle with the Boltons
>Sansa freaks out and scrambles to save Jon’s dumbass after he abandons the plan
>the Vale army still saves Jon and the Wildlings, and Sansa chews him out after for being a retard

Way fucking simpler and straightforward, except Jon couldn’t know for some reason

The stag was already dead from the first thrust. The second just quickened it. Therefore the second thrust was essentially meaningless as the first thrust gets credit for the kill (see: Aegon III)

It’s not king of Rhoynar, it’s of the Rhoynar, which is a term used for Dornish. Dorne is a mix of Andals and Rhoynar, so they have the term there for all the major ethnicities inhabiting the continent. So yes, that does indicate they’re including Dorne.

who was the retard flying on the dragon at the end during the battle?

why did damon have no hair at the end?

>Filled with Lannisters.
Disgusting. Is it too late to burn it down?

Attached: robert death.jpg (1280x720, 88.25K)

we've already been cucked out of a good rock.

Attached: cast.jpg (1280x720, 129.83K)

>It's another scene of Monke sulking
>followed by a scene of people talking slowly and at length about Monke
>followed by another scene of Monke sulking
This show desperately needs one or two additional characters and plots going on. I'm beginning to fear there isn't enough meat here.

Everyone hates a Lannister, even Lannisters.

Melisandre is from Asshai

Attached: John_Picacio_Melisandre_of_Asshai.png (428x570, 423K)

Attached: 1649778053443.webm (960x540, 2.15M)

because the timeskip between Corlys and Daemon teaming up and him taking the stepstones was a mistake and he should've won the war in a few days with dragons

1) go to 00:59:00 and pause

2) play youtu.be/FOabQZHT4qY?t=115

2.1) unpause

3) enjoy kino

Attached: hänmänsynttävää.png (666x607, 158.25K)

Its pretty badass, and everyone is jealous the Lannisters have it. Furthermore, while not without their shortcomings, the Lannisters are adept enough at politics and war to hang on to it and grow their influence and power.

SURROUNDED BY LANNISTERS!

Attached: Lannisters.png (1603x820, 1.4M)

Getting away with it: The House.

Attached: 1646296455368.gif (466x520, 76.34K)

how do we feel about pugs being canon? does anyone have a screencap?

wat

>In ep 1 Daemon needs to cheat in a tourney and is a sore loser
>In ep 3 he's a full on Musou battle god who takes on an army himself

Attached: 1661844209766527.jpg (2048x1448, 230.5K)

Targaryens need to be shown as the inbred tards they are instead of being proped up on a pedestal. Daemon is a retard Chad though

>Ughhh I'm SURROUNDED by Cannisters

Attached: Cannisters.jpg (1140x650, 353.24K)

reminds me of that retard talking about how he needs constant action to be entertained

he answered an add at a brother for a sellsword and a sailor

Attached: 1659505662987.webm (960x540, 472.58K)

Sounds like bullshit. That is a big fucking spear and he is aiming for the heart. A hole that big produces a drop in blood pressure that almost instantaneously stops consciousness.

If you guys take the time to listen to half the shit The Dragon Demands says about the Battle of the Bastards you'll learn that D&D are fucking insane and were about ready to murder hundreds of horses to film it in time.

HOLD THE FUCK ON

DID THIS MF JUST SAY THE STEPSTONE WAR HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR 3 YEARS? What the fuck. They built up all of that tension for corlys to go behind the kings back and attack the step stones with daemon just to fucking skip it? We never get to see daemon and corlys go behind the kings back and attack the crabfeeders? We never get to see king viserys reaction upon hearing that schemey bullshit? It was kind of a big deal. They just fucking skipped all of that? We just skip straight ahead 3 years and suddenly it’s all forgiven and the war is official now. No. That’s the type of shit that starts civil wars. I wanted to see that, and I bet a lot of other people did too.

Ok. I’ve defended this show from criticism at every turn because I wanted to enjoy it as much as got but that’s some bullshit. These time skips are ruining the fucking show. How much other shit have we missed that you guys wanted to see?

Attached: 7079C773-F87A-4C81-9CC1-A1BA00FE12C8.png (666x949, 1.01M)

A yt slave obviously

>I wish I were playing with my miniatures right now

He's trying to show up his cunt older brother. His brother's side of the family will just be lords, not even a great house at that, but Otto is trying to wed his children into royalty.

Pretty much this. Casterly rock did nothing wrong.

It's genuinely impressive how the writing quality has dropped every episode.
Will the last episode of the season be GoT season 8 tier?

So its canon that Criston Cole > Barristan Selmy now, right?

Attached: 166152104772473086.jpg (512x512, 64.13K)

Yes everyone kneels to this man

Attached: 1662345984596611.jpg (763x867, 97.02K)

Nah, it’s just a really really slow prologue. The show is bursting at the seams with characters by the time the Dance gets going.

So where will they end Season 1? It obviously won't end with her getting fed to Sunfyre.

yea Asshai is supposed to be some grey Slav hellhole.

I both love and hate the Rickon death. I love it because Jon shows the entire North that’d he risk his life for his brother and that he doesn’t want Winterfell. I hate it because Sansa tells Jon what Ramsay will do exactly and Jon falls for it anyways. I wish he would have been changed after coming back from death and let Rickon die, and then they go into the real battle where there’s strategy

That was See Niggerfaggot, he’s the son of Lord Nigger, The one who married the Targaryen princess who was overlooked by the council.

>superior tactics
>cheating
cope peta

because d&d are hacks and just forgot to include it but then sometimes they would include it but then they'd leave it out in other points.

They also think "Mhysa" is Valyrian for mother at one point and literally have Missandei translate Valyrian for Dany despite already establishing that Valyrian is her mother tongue. In short just don't ask questions

They really went over the top. I blame them trying to keep the capeshit audience.

GEORGE, I CAN ACCEPT DRAGONS AND RICH BLACK PEOPLE, BUT THIS IS TOO MUCH!!!

Attached: PugsLady.png (1431x1501, 3.24M)

famiry went to Westeros for greener pastures

Someone explain why the Crabcuck didn't keep the field clear of cover? He was the only side using archers.

Based love me pugs

why do the dogs look so anachronistic to me?

Dual coronations

>older brother
>Otto is a second son

no shit

I am really disappointed we did not get more Daemon + Corlys scenes. I liked that last one from episode 2.

Post Alicent

Attached: 1642118451553.webm (960x540, 1.37M)

>breeding abominations
i guess nobility did adapt to targaryens traditions

I wonder who outranks who according to the sociopolitical system of Westeros: the Hand of the King or the head of a powerful House that the Hand is a member of?

crabbros we are now pugbros

bad move letting his legs and lower torso escape to foment further rebellion

Had Ser Pounce sat on the iron throne he would have never allowed it

Attached: serpounce.jpg (599x812, 114.48K)

I'm not exactly sure what they are supposed to be ethnically. Mosovvy is the closest we have in name but that is basically near Mongolia. I always kind of picture Norvos as being slavs because of their whole axe-priest thing. Makes me think of Bardiches. Plus that area of Essos is similarly forested and to the west of a bunch of Steppes.

That's literally what it is.

We’re definitely getting them now. They’ve bonded for 3 years in battle

anyone impressed with viserys as an actor? he carries most of the scenes he's in

You are Jason Lannister, how would you seduce monke so you can get yourself a Valyrian pussy + dragon for your house?

Attached: Jason.png (1565x842, 1.09M)

It confirms that the world of Westeros is what happens when the spice stops flowing.

OH NO NO NO CRAB BROS... NOT LIKE THIS

King Visery's is a cuck, and Daemon is royalty he's probably hoping Daemon gets bored of slumming it on some shitty trash filled beach and goes home to his palace to fuck his whore.

he's like those random Czechs who ended up fighting at Omaha Beach

I hope the fat fuck finally finishes winds so I can read about Euron blowing oldtown the fuck out. Hes going to use the high tower for some black magic shit.

>Slav shithole
That’s Mossovy. Asshai actually has a culture and old historical accomplishments.

downsyndrome

crabbros this is all part of the crab master plan we're still in it

There is literally nothing stoping little Maegor with Teats from going off to blow up Casterly Rock in this episode. Like no one could stop her since the three people that can probably wouldn’t give a shit and might even find it funny that Maegor is back with a vengeance

Attached: B652EFBA-BA11-4CB7-9AD0-EEFCCA132296.jpg (620x348, 92.07K)

The hand of the king but Otto would still be honor bound to obey a direct order from his older brother.

Attached: ertac-altinoz-the-long-night.jpg (1920x960, 218.8K)

if what anons are saying in these boards, /hotd/ will have 3 more seasons.

I get that it makes sense for Rickon to die there, but it's just so fucking dumb that they brought him back from hiatus just to kill him off again.

>King Visery's is a cuck, and Daemon is royalty he's probably hoping Daemon gets bored of slumming it on some shitty trash filled beach and goes home to his palace to fuck his whore.
Then they should’ve established that on screen instead of skipping all of it

I can't wait to see Rhaenyra get BLACKED next episode

Attached: 16622139729057878.jpg (640x360, 36.26K)

Promise Rhaenyra that our children will be Targs. Name my brother Tyland my heir and marry him to Laena

>just finished Elden Ring
>caught up with House of the Dragon
I guess I'm fated to keep riding on the GRRM-train...

Attached: 1636206086220.png (1350x901, 68.34K)

Yeah. The whole foundation of the plot just got rushed. As someone who did not read the book, I have no idea what is going on. I need to have it explained to me.

Attached: C05950B4-849E-449A-9A4D-491019F35C9D.jpg (828x1138, 698.5K)

>lamenting anything happening is the same as needing stuff constantly happening
Being retardedly ambushed by a boar because you're too stupid to scare it away and go sneaky sneaking out into the dark doesn't count as something happening, either, so there I just made you a better argument and then countered it.

Tell Viserys to forbid Rhaenyra to marry me.

>except for Daemon

Attached: 1661286249939363.jpg (620x414, 38.56K)

He is way better than the book version. I am impressed with Paddy's acting, especially since my only exposure to him is from Hot Fuzz & The World's End (both comedic role).

>filename

weird, that looks like absolute kino art of the prologue

>WHHOOOO SHIT NIGGA

Attached: WHHOOOOOOOO.jpg (909x449, 57.07K)

Hes gotten better. I think they overloaded him at the start with showing hes a weak king. This was his best episode so far.

I think I figured out why this episode (and some scenes in the previous episode) felt so fucking empty. It seems whoever is working on these episodes doesn't know how to use camera work. All those ominous close-ups of the crabfeeder's face, long and awkward pauses behind epic music, I kept leaning in and waiting for something to happen to explain why the scene is focusing on literally nothing, only to be confused when it cuts away to the next thing. Then this whole battle made it click for me. They're basically just making a compilation of cool-looking shots and angles. The crabfeeder is a literal nobody in the script, we were just mislead by the retarded cinematography to believe he was going to be some kind of big villain. Same with all the weird close-ups on Daemon where you think he's going to say something and then it just cuts away. It's all a big nothingburger. Honestly fuck this series. I'm going back to rewatch got s1-s5

Attached: GoT_spinoff_SP.jpg (800x600, 64.58K)

Because they had no idea what Grrm even had planned for him. It was retarded though. What’s the point of Jon coming back if he’s literally no different and makes just as stupid choices? It made no sense.

great episode ruined by that battle scene, but i guess they have to keep the normies entranced somehow.

Rip in peace crabbro you will be sorely missed

Attached: crabbro.jpg (1423x745, 206.46K)

Why do you need "action" every single episode?

The question wasn't "Is that Otto's older brother?" was it, retard?

Ser Tuco of house Taco

Words: Ese

Attached: 1656761475946.jpg (1920x1080, 293.48K)

Whenever I watch the scenes with the Velaryons I try to picture what they would have looked like with book-accurate Velaryons, an awesome and badass looking silver-haired Corlys like picrel, and then I realize how much the diverse casting ruins it for me. Setting aside that stupid battle scene in the end of this ep, for an ASOIAF and Targ history fan like me this would be a 9/10 show, in terms of authenticity to GRRM's tone and language it even surpasses GoT's season 1. But the fucking nigger Velaryons and random Asians bring it down to a 6.5.

Attached: 4twe3t4.png (783x1075, 1.04M)

banan

Attached: 1555502050954.webm (640x640, 933.01K)

It ends with Aemond killing Lucerys I believe.

He’s amazing. One of the few good things about the show

A trophy slant eye.

The armor looks decent but why can't they get some fucking chainmail and decent helmets

It's more supposed to say about how good Criston Cole is rather than a knock on Daemon that he lost to him but you're right the scene was capeshit autism

The 10th episode is called The Black Queen. Take a guess.

there'll be a lot of final episode shock moments followed by a timeskip this season

I'm starting to think Viserys is Ahor Azai

Reading the comments on that battle was depressing. Normies really eat that shit up

I felt kind of bad for him the way his head darted around in fear and confusion when Daemon came to his island, like he's got a disability or something and he didn't have a choice in being in charge of this army of pirates and mercenaries.

Who is your favourite so far? You may only choose two.

Attached: dkGIWsU.jpg (2898x2898, 647.71K)

CRABCELS RISE UP WITH THE TIDE

Attached: 1560734406596.jpg (620x349, 100.93K)

I said hellhole. it's the land of shadows filled with crazy fire priests.

Both are literally me

Attached: 01C788E0-8850-4A8C-9552-72FC1878713A.jpg (1200x638, 155.68K)

He was keeping his eye out for dragons

i think it's supposed to be the long night of the age of heroes, hence the spiders

Mysaria should look Valyrian too, but I guess they think it’s too confusing, same reason they retconned Rhaenys into looking full Targ. Only Targs can look full Targ. Notice how people actually are confused enough and think Corlys and his family are. It would be even worse if he was actually white and it was accurate.

>I'm ok with episodes in this action/adventure medievalshit series where nothing happens and people just talk and talk and talk and talk
You want this to be a soap opera

stinky and daemon ofc tb h famalamadingdong

Viserys by far

Alicent is so fucking cute, holy shit

>brought to Europe in the 16th century
Eh, chronologically it’s not that off.

He's so good. He's really the only reason why I'm still watching.

This is gonna be another Ned Stark isn't it. once he dies, the show dies. His talent just far exceeds everyone else.

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1080, 2.35M)

The crownlands is technically a kingdom so it counts.

Daemon and pregnant Alicent

He would just be btfo by Balerion

Attached: 800px-Balerion_the_cat.png (800x470, 701.96K)

Did you think you weren’t watching a big budget soap opera? It’s about sex, blood, and betrayal.

Why did you pick the 9 most forgetable characters?

Jason Lannister and Desmond Caryon have carried the show thus far.

Wow this turned to shit pretty quick. Who wrote this episode?

daemon and otto

rhaenys/corlys as a couple

>my favorite guy isn't in the image

Attached: file.png (544x791, 570.3K)

Viserys good actor
Alicent looks cute preggo