Dude weed lmao, the movie

>dude weed lmao, the movie
this shit isn't even funny

Attached: 71B0rbe9KiL._AC_SY741_.jpg (493x741, 71.6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vUgs2O7Okqc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It’s a genius. You’d know that if you read the book it’s adapted from.

Read the book, shitskin

>>doesn’t read books.
Get off Any Forums, loser.

DO they even smoke weed? It's mostly ether and lsd from what i remember

>book
>op is talking about movie
Retard.

When he is in the room alone I think he does.

I know this is bait but the movie is actually really well done. Terrt Gilliam is an excellent director and many of the best movie quotes were pulled directly from source material.

this movie is benicio del toros best role and you cant argue with me

johnny depps too

He who makes a beast out of himself
Gets rid of the pain of being a man

i did a shit ton of ket while watching this movie once and sometimes i felt like the scenes played out in my living room and other times like i was in las vegas

What's so good about the book? Genuinely curious

Attached: 1644120893120.jpg (510x510, 17.49K)

And a man without love
Is like an orchard without cherry blossom.

Attached: garth_marenghis_darkplace_todd.jpg (180x200, 13.61K)

If the movie is only good if you read the book first then it's a shit movie.

It's insane how these things even need to be pointed out.

The scene where he reflects on the hippie movement and how it ultimately failed is unironically the most kino piece of the whole film. This movie came out right in the middle of the 90s having a retro worship of the 60s and this scene being so grounded and calm right in the middle of all of the insanity was really something else.

youtube.com/watch?v=vUgs2O7Okqc

Correct. I was just polishing my shoes in the closet.

Dude, bait

who the fuck cares about the book, this is the movie I am talking about, this board is Any Forums not /lit/.
why would a good movie require you to read the book it's based on? ffs
ah then the movie is redeemd, my bad
it's a well done turd. It's pointless, plotless, directionless, everything is just about le drugs in the 70ies, with no depth at all, just surface themes of those times. It's just them doing drugs and trying to be whacky and fun, failing miserably.
Why is this so good to you? and don0t mention the fucking book.

Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Please, tell me about the fucking golf shoes!

Know your dope fiend. You will not be able to see his eyes because of tea shades, but his knuckles will be white from inner tension and his pants will be crusted with semen from constantly jacking off when he can't find a rape victim.

It's great if you're not an anti-drug Peta faggot.

I love this movie and the book even though Thompson is a piece of shit liar. You unironically got filtered

They smoke at the very start. Even mention how they have two bags of grass

smoking rn btw

Words, user. It's why shit posting here is more captivating than actually watching tv or films.

I really don't care much about drugs, and this movie while it does makes fun of anti-drugs types, doesn't really portray drug users in good way. It's just one big trip taking place in the 70ies. The special effects and depictions of their altered states are mostly okay at best.
Filtered by what, cringe dude drugs lmao movie with famous young actors? Is this the fabled American humour? No one has yet told me what's so good about this shit movie. Not even my mom who has lived those years liked it. And you don't need much to make my mum laugh.

You can read it multiple ways. From a literal point of view, it's about a crazy drug trip in Vegas interspersed with a few genuinely bits of insightful writing.

If you go a little deeper you realize it's largely about how the hippie movement failed utterly and draws parallels between it and Vegas, and just how damaging the 60s truly were. Also muh Vietnam, muh Nixon, fuck the people that were permissive of allowing it to happen (not Hunter of course, he never takes any blame in any of his writings despite coming so close to real introspection sometimes).

you're trying too hard