All memes aside, is the new Lord of the Rings show actually any good?

All memes aside, is the new Lord of the Rings show actually any good?

Attached: 2805-41c1-8031-07a4da3f313f.jpg (976x549, 43.85K)

It's comfy

Attached: 1662141151753065.webm (950x850, 1.57M)

is there any good jerk off material?

I enjoyed it. It's better than that goofy GoT prequel thing HBO is running.

Attached: 1652051771760.jpg (1014x1024, 165.81K)

Wow Japanese fans are vocal about the new Lord of the Rings series and they are not happy. They're discontented with the dialogue and with the whole condensing down the second age to a year thing. I guess they were holding out hope for a faithful adaption route. There's even a petition that's garnered thousands of signatures to have the series remade from scratch. Obviously that wont happen but it shows how unhappy they are.

it's really good and easier to understand than the trilogy

no

No it sucks, it's a soulless cash grab attempt to re-create GoT that butchers Tolkien and is loaded with jarring modern re-imaginings of his timeless work

Yea it's pretty good so far

yeah same impression tbqh, the production value and the comfy worldbuilding are enough for me to ignore most of the nigcasting
most, but not all

It’s the perfect show, really. Not as silly as those old movies.

not really

will be as the show progresses ,a mom with 14 year old is gonna go blacked and galadariel is looking smoking from the first scene ,you should check it out

Not really. Forget all the complaints about the casting, the simple reality is that it's boring. The writing is distinctly modern which means exactly what you think it means. The acting is mostly wooden. The CGI is questionable for a show with this kind of budget, and the practical effects and stunts seem amateurish. It makes me think of a higher-budget Witcher, but without even somebody as halfway decent to watch as Cavill to pull it through. It's just not entertaining.

Attached: 1662071960950336.jpg (749x549, 47.54K)

i liked it ngl
Hated guhladriul like wtf she is terrible

no

There's black people in it

Attached: 5c5.png (645x770, 74.72K)

after talking shit about it this morning i fell asleep on the couch before i could watch it. good odds i'll watch in the next hour

Amazon, who owns IMDB, is scrubbing 1-5 star reviews. So, yeah, it's fantastic and beyond critique.

DING DING DING DING DING DING

It was mid. They didnt butcher it by making it into grimdark trash, and it looks good for the most part, but the direction and acting is kind of bland. I didnt really find any of the main characters terribly interesting or likeable so far

>DING DING DING DING DING DING

Attached: 1576281249627.png (552x768, 81.1K)

>enough for me to ignore most of the nigcasting
Only the nigelf was a bit jarring, but that's mostly because he's just regular looking black guy with pointy ears. Well I think he might be already dead or in some goblin prison anyway

shills

If you're not scared of black people and are not autistic about the lore it's pretty decent. I enjoyed the visuals and the sense of adventure more than the boring backroom politics and cynicism of HotD. Music was good but not as memorable or iconic as LotR.
People say the writing is shit because it doesn't really care about the established lore much, but if felt quite tolkienesque outside of a scene of two.
It's inspired by Tolkien and going in it's own direction rather than being faithful to the source, but I feel that's the right route to take with most adaptations. Even LotR was a giant departure from the books, something most LotRniggers will never admit.
It's nowhere near as good as LotR by any means, but it's definitively much better than the Hobbit

it used to be they cast black people in roles and nobody made a big deal about it but now they cum in their pants each time and act like its the first time each time.

>defending the abomination of the orc wearing the skull mask scene

It's disqualified from ever being considered good because of the niggers in the show.
I'm sorry. I don't care if your show is amazing or terrible. I will never watch this horseshit on principle alone because it forces nigger into it.

I'm not even really a racist, I just refuse to accept forced diversity in a medieval fantasy setting, let alone a Tolkien setting.

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg (800x800, 76.25K)

I have no idea, since I haven't seen it yet and don't plan on ever seeing it. I'd probably watch it if there wasn't so much woke politics and blackwashing in it.

she cute
might have to give it a go on her behalf

its really boring
HotD is a lot better, which says it all

To be honest it goes the other way too. Used to be no problem but now it's the worst thing ever imaginable if there's black people on a tv show.
I don't really care about that stuff. Dwarf and farfoot ones were pretty good. Elf was just a bit weird. Maybe different hair could've worked, maybe not, I don't know

I couldn't get through the first episode, like one user put it it's got a schizophrenic feel because they tried to introduce all the characters at lightning speed. I think people are so itching to hate the show they can't just let it fail on its own merits, like being really boring despite having nice visuals all around. LOTR's actual story (post-hobbit) has the same problem of boredom in the books but there it's part of a controlled slow burn, Tolkien wanted to immerse people in the world to get them more deeply invested in the conflicts. I might watch the second ep and see if its any good but I can at least say this is 500% better than Wheel of Time was. That adaptation was the worst fantasy show I've ever seen.

My favorite part of the whole episode was the elf king, because he looks a bit like a not-bald Bezos kek

IT'S alright

i genuinely enjoyed it. i want more galadriel and "not sauron" scenes

they forgot to write a script and hire competent actors
dumpster fire for the ages

I went back(after quitting because nigger fatigue) and watched just the dwarf/Elrond bits and it was pretty good. The rest is not worth watch imo.

No.

Why are you having a conversation with yourself?