*inhales deeply*

*inhales deeply*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

IT LOOKS SO FUCKING EMBARRASSING

Attached: 1662114694551003.webm (1248x520, 2.83M)

Other urls found in this thread:

lotr.fandom.com/wiki/Galadriel
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why does she twirl her sword around so much

Shadow of Mordor 3 looks pretty good desu

just like legolas in lotr then

What kills me is that blood spray at the end could have been so cool but they fucked up the execution horribly.

Because she's supposed to be a powerful mage but being a spellcaster is the closest thing to being a healer which is a toxic stereotype for wahmen.
And that's why they gave her a sword, they wanted a male stereotype turned into a woman to show women can be as good as men in close quarter combat, they don't have to stay in the backline.

doesn't look as shti in context as I though
still not watching it though lmao

That's probably what they were going for. A mix of Aragorn and Legolas.

What psx game is this?

>*Next on the CW*

Witcher 4 bros, we won.

Just like Arya Stark in got too.

to show you that she is an empowered woman

Except the Oliphant's were already established as a legitimate danger not some medium tier enemy in a video game

Bollywood bros... we won

Attached: 1606022393359.webm (1280x720, 2.96M)

>can't figure out how to or maybe don't even try to nail the ethereal noble beauty of Tolkien's elves
>try to substitute generic sword-twirling, "I'm making intense face", and bad visual effects

Elves don't have magic.

So $1bn gives you the most painfully obvious bungee rope scene in the history of television?

No way this cost what they said it did.

Yes, Jackson's LotR is pretty good but wildly overrated and the action Legolas stuff is some of the worst shit in it.

Every show and video game that wants to make characters seem badass will do it. Even Caville in The Witcher turns his back on opponents a lot, like the games, to imply he's building up momentum for a swing I guess, but it's a sword, you just stab and slash, it's not a battleaxe.

i dont know. say theres some 16 year old girl, mostly she cares about fuckin, like a 16 year old boy, but she gets a character in the dnd show, so what, swinging a sword around. none of these men know how to sword fight. but maybe it gets carried away sometimes. say theres a war. do you want her a trench? for real? looking forward to watching the two eps after i eat some din din

Imagine Tolkien writing a scene like this

It looks pretty stupid.
Mostly because she doesn't jump that high to justify the cringe sword walking and she pierces a troll skull with a dagger with ease.
That without saying that the scene kind of implies the characters practiced that stupid move several times because if a warrior lays down his sword like that in front of another he'd be like "The fuck are you doin'? What? Walk on your sword? For what? I can sever the troll's tendons just fine, he's looking the other way".

>she's supposed to be a powerful mage
No, some of Tolkien's elves can use some limited magic in some circumstances - mainly in creating stuff like the Silmarils or rings - but they are not RPG mages in any way shape or form. They fight like humans, with swords and bows and stuff like that.

aerosmiths daughter got a better deal whispering horses and shooting arrows. more feminine and graceful. the women now are wearing shoulderpads again

When budgets get as bloated as this one you can bet a huge chunk of it just went straight into the pockets of those above-the-line

the only thing I don't like is the sword walk into asian cinema wire dancing
still not watching it

i would have actually liked the scene if they hadnt made the other elves hapless jobbers. compare their performance to legolas' in lotr and you realize how truly pozzed this scene is.

It didn’t cost 1 billion
It’s just money laundering also the show was never meant to be good only to push American identity politics even more

>20+ cuts in 35 seconds
Nauseating

all she wants to do is dance

I can feel Tolkien's spirit and vision permeate through this scene.

so you think the Galadriel in OP is closer to what Tolkien had in mind?

why she so ugly? why is this so trash? why she gotta be so fucking smug?????

WHY SHE GOTTA BE SMUG????

>Shadow of Mordor 3 looks pretty good desu
I should really finish 2

female elves could very much have the agility and skill to defeat a troll. the problem is the dumb male elves

That looked terrible, her body movements do not match the fight along with her emotionless facial expressions.

>healing is bad
>satan is cool
fuck off

so like the worst parts of their franchise

Looks awful, yeah. Floaty wire jumps, foam prop swords, dramatic twirling and rolling... And holy hell that bop at the end. Is that supposed to go through a skull?

nah, that's fine, it fits the elves composure

more like legolas in the hobbit movies

Not at all, I think that Tolkien's Galadriel would have seemed far more ethereal and lofty and graceful than this shit. But she would not have been casting fireballs or some shit like that, in Tolkien the elves fought with normal weapons - at most, perhaps somewhat enchanted by their skill in craft - they didn't fight using mage powers.

I think she is trying to look tough and determined but she is failing to look vulnerable in her eyes and the result is that she looks smug. Contrast that to for example Arnie in the ending scenes of Predator, where he looks tough and determined but at the same time he portrays a vulnerability and fear with his eyes. And they say Arnie can't act. Bullshit!

Who the fuck thought this shit looked good? WHO?

>‘I know what it was that you last saw,’ she said; ‘for that is also in my mind. Do not be afraid! But do not think that only by singing amid the trees, nor even by the slender arrows of elven-bows, is this land of Lothlórien maintained and defended against its Enemy. I say to you, Frodo, that even as I speak to you, I perceive the Dark Lord and know his mind, or all of his mind that concerns the Elves. And he gropes ever to see me and my thought. But still the door is closed!’
>She lifted up her white arms, and spread out her hands towards the East in a gesture of rejection and denial. Eärendil, the Evening Star, most beloved of the Elves, shone clear above. So bright was it that the figure of the Elven-lady cast a dim shadow on the ground. Its rays glanced upon a ring about her finger; it glittered like polished gold overlaid with silver light, and a white stone in it twinkled as if the Evenstar had come down to rest upon her hand. Frodo gazed at the ring with awe; for suddenly it seemed to him that he understood.
Not exactly fireballs, but not just swords and arrows.

>Galadriel possessed a tremendous amount of magical powers, and was said to be the greatest of the Ñoldor after Fëanor.
>lotr.fandom.com/wiki/Galadriel
I guess the dispute would be as to what "tremendous amount of magical power" means. I'm too much into LotR lore but, if I'm not mistaken, she can even get into people's head and shit. Although they also say she has mighty strenght so it's not like sword fighting would be off the menu.

When did I say such thing?

Without a doubt. But the way it's done looks silly. It's like that scene in The One where the bad guy grabs two bikes to beat the protagonist. Lore wise is coherent but the scene looked goofy.

he was skating down the stairs in lotr

im sure she would have let her companions deal with a single troll, except her companions here were bumbling fools. her elf companions. bumbling fools.

>he was skating down the stairs in lotr
>One 5 second scene is equal to every fight scene in the show

You can tell the directors were just jerking themselves off at every silly sword swing
My gripe is galadriel is intimidating, everything she does holds force. This scene the "galadriel" looks like a petite bellet dancer swinging a toy sword, it's weightless and weak

Sure is a lot like Skyrim in here.

>Lore wise is coherent but the scene looked goofy.
because she has no way of knowing her cut would stop the troll dead in his tracks, when she took the time to look towards the camera and twirling her sword for a second. she was risking her life for the sake of showing off, which makes her look like a retard or like there never was a real threat to begin with

HELLA EPIC