So what's the opinion? Should I watch it or not?

So what's the opinion? Should I watch it or not?

Attached: LOTR_Rings_of_Power_poster_August_8.png (1080x1350, 2.92M)

it's shite

dont touch this with a 10 foot pole
dont encourage them to make more of this

Godawful terrible, won't even bother going on with it.

It's OK. Nothing offensively bad. Nothing stellar.

>Should I watch it or not?
No.
Don't even watch out of curiosity.
Hate-watching something still gives them views, and to them your time is the most valuable thing.

It has the flair and style of the Wheel of Time series. They went overboard with the CGI budget and it still looks generic and uninspired as fuck. The plot and characterization is shit-tier.

>to them your time is the most valuable thing
We already know it's not for you since you're here with us. lol

It's KINO and better than the Peter Jackson trilogy

Worth a watch, tons of fun - Amazon knows what they're doing

its a comfy fantasy show, morf a cute

Attached: Screenshot 2022-09-01 234747.png (940x766, 608.69K)

I highly doubt this.

lol

Attached: What.gif (476x348, 1.31M)

It's fine especially if you really like fantasy. Everything tries way too hard to be like Game of Thrones. This while not perfect is good for some comfy light fantasy stuff.

the cgi and music are good, i want it to completely hate it for the black elfs and i do but i can't help myself but to watch it. it was never going to be better than the trilogy, but it's alright. you can tell they spent a lot of money on it (in terms of the production budget).

it has very good grafix

Based retard

Ignore it.

>its a comfy fantasy show,

Attached: 1661990744163134.jpg (2000x1333, 1.04M)

>So what's the opinion?

Tolkien fans are calling it 'a cinematic masterpiece.'

Pretty good high fantasy so far. Lot of establishing shots now and setup for whatever is to come.

xD

>setup for whatever is to come.
it feels like nothing is going to come desu. theres only 8 episodes and 2 have been nothingburgers

it's unwatchabley boring

so fucking boring and uninspired that I totally forgot about the token blacks that were just shoved in there. it's unironically impressive, how much this show manages to bore you into complete apathy.

Attached: 1630137301394.jpg (1360x572, 170.82K)

Stop asking other people for opinions and just watch if you want faggot normie

Attached: b75435674.jpg (317x332, 16.41K)

it feels like it was made by a robot. Amazon focus tested any soul it might have had.

seriously i expected the niggers to bug me more but its just really mediocre so far and thats the real problem. black elf dude kinda bugs me though ngl, other blacks dont bother me much so far

If you want to see Tolkien's creation reduced to a dull ersatz of what a modern corporate blockbuster is supposed to be, full of "le empowered female warrior" and nonsensical racial admixtures, sure, go ahead. Some of the CGI was pretty but everything felt hollow and fake. I'm personally not watching the following episodes, I much prefer the books and Jackson's extended versions to remain unsullied in my mind.

lmao its hilarious that the african Elve is going ready to go back to Elve land and he is leaving his human girlfriend a single mother with his mutt child

Expected it to be much worse than it turned out to be. Pleasantly surprised but its still a piece of shit.
Only watch it if u want to have brain rot on for ur gf coming over or something.
Not to be watched seriously.

It has some nice scenery. That's the only good thing I can say about it. Next to that, you get:
>super stronk gurl power that feels unearned because they're more interested making her look flawless as opposed to making victories believable. Just adore and worship her, OK?!
>colored individuals who feel out of place and/or ugly. Why oh why must they always be ugly?
>bad pacing and strange tonal shifts
>boring; there are too many story threads and nothing that really catches one's attention.

My biggest take from this is how utterly shit modern productions are and how tolerant people have become to this trite. It's not bad, but feels devoid of anything resembling soul.

It's terrible, don't watch it under any circumstances, especially the bits with the mysterious meteorite dude who scares the fuck out of the hobbits, don't watch that bit.

I'm watching Fellowship extended version right now after shutting down the first episode of this shit. No matter how "updated" the lame CGI backgrounds Amazon had those chink-farms working on, Jackson's mogs this shit so hard in terms of soul it's nothing short of amazing.

the photos looked like utter shit but its quite a good looking show when you watch it
kind of copy-paste pg story and characters and also I think every romantic relationship in the show is interracial

first episode was so bloated with melodrama and exposition dumps/character intros, its just not worth it

It's too boring for casual watchers. It's too woke and inaccurate for Tolkien nerds. Who is the target audience? It fails as entertainment and doesn't really please anyone.