/got/hotd/

Patchface edition

Previous:

Attached: patchface.jpg (510x620, 190.46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/anqf4m9k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for my beautiful gentle wife!

Attached: 1661881675759409.png (583x452, 312.43K)

>they might actually do Mushroom because /got/ had no jester character and normies will mindlessly clap for any Tyrion-substitute

could actually work out okay

FUCK MAESTERS FOR CHANGING THE HISTORY BOOKS TO MAKE PEOPLE THINK THE VELARYONS WERE WHITE

Attached: A573012B-85E6-4C42-9A2A-A48EE2325448.jpg (472x624, 66.09K)

Attached: 1633045859637.png (1269x1497, 1.39M)

What's his endgame?

I wish i could save her from pozzed feminism. She plays a perfect 10/10 nice tradwife that even enjoys legos and Warhammer miniatures

What is the best region and why is it the Arbor?

Starting this dump, 1/7
Full: pastebin.com/anqf4m9k

This is pretty fucking long and I really don't expect 99% of you to waste your time reading it but I wrote it so I might as well post it.
Let me preface by saying I do not care for any argument pertaining about the skin color of the actor & the act of raceswapping. I'm talking about the in-universe explanation of Corlys Velaryon being black. I will be trying to present my case in as best faith as possible
TL;DR Corlys has a plausible explanation for being black that fits into the lore.

Why Corlys Velaryon is black in House of the Dragon
>The Valyrian Freehold
The Valyrian Freehold was huge, spread across Essos & included the conquered Old Empire of Ghis & the devastated Rhoynar civilization. While the Freehold was very ethnically diverse, Valyria itself was comprised of an ethnic group of dragonlords with specific features, including platinum-white, silvery, or golden hair, & violet, purple, or pale blue eyes, characteristics not found anywhere else in the world at the time except for the Westerosi Houses, Hightower & Dayne. The Valyrians of the Freehold practiced incest to keep the purity of their blood, to pass down their dragonriding & magical bloodlines. This has resulted in the Targaryens, modern day Valyrians who obsess over blood purity & some of which have the ability to dragonride, to resemble those of old Valyria.

Attached: 1631514221120.png (1915x1079, 1.65M)

Any Wojak for the main house Baratheon? And Hightower?

Though All Men Do Despise Us

Attached: 1502626981242.png (472x624, 105.8K)

2/7
>House Velaryon & House Targaryen
Lets start with House Velaryon. Of Valyrian descent, members often having Valyrian features like silver hair, purple eyes, & pale skin. Velaryons do not have the specific bloodline meant for dragonriding, so it can be said they have no need to enter incestous marriages to pass their bloodlines down. There are other ways to secure Valyrian blood other than incest however, like the Lyseni people & their Valyrian blood, or unions between Houses Celtigar, Rogare, or traditionally House Targaryen. A joining of members of these houses will result in a pureblood child with Valyrian qualities. House Velaryon are a seafaring House who left the Valyrian Freehold before the Doom of Valyria, & they hold traditions that require them to send the sons of House Velaryon out to sea to get a taste of the seafaring life while they are young. Corlys Velaryon is famously known as the Sea Snake, & he has traveled far & wide across the Known World. Taking note of Corlys' own accounts, we can determine that Velaryon seafarers mingle quite a bit with the other ethnic groups of TWOIAF. While Corlys has ventured to regions uncharted & unvisited by most sailors, including his own House, it can be assumed that most Velaryon seafarers visit a plethora of cultures on their voyages.

Attached: 1633432052836.png (736x1103, 1.01M)

Attached: house.jpg (1024x768, 246.44K)

Why are girls so in love with the Hightowers?

Attached: 63286a9e061f6bf3af23a29db1d73e7e.jpg (564x558, 50.18K)

>

Attached: 1649536863699.png (1200x1068, 2.53M)

Cast her as a character

Attached: Zbsjsisnshsisl.jpg (720x669, 185.94K)

>Rose Bolton
>Just stares at Robb when he calls his banners.
>Subdues even the Greatjon with only a whisper.
>After the death of her husband and son she needs to remarry.
>Weds Walder Frey's fattest son for his weight in gold, some portly nerdy virginal kid.
>Delights in the way he squeels beneath her when she rides him.
>Her bastard daughter is a goth freak into blood play and femdom
>Castrates Theon on accident.
>Now they need to find Rickon to secure their hold on the North...

Attached: BoltonLady_r.png (675x1080, 1.26M)

AHEM
Fuck the Targaryens and their Dornish simps.
That is all.

Attached: based euron.webm (1280x720, 1.26M)

>Hightower
Was posted in the previous thread - along with a bunch of others if you or others did not see it.

Attached: 1662023650292847.png (472x624, 115.15K)

>Corlys Velaryon is black!?
This finally brings us to the color of Corlys' skin! Corlys has dark, black skin in HotD, & this is an issue with a lot of people as they feel it contradicts the fact that Velaryons are pureblooded Valyrians, & have marital ties to House Targaryen, a House that places great import on blood purity. Let's go over the facts first, Corlys' named family members who precede him that belong to the Targaryen line are Valaena Velaryon, mother of Aegon I, whose mother preceded her in being married into House Targaryen, & Alyssa Velaryon, wife of Aenys I & mother of Jaehaerys I. Both women are described only with silvery hair & purple eyes. All of their children & grandchildren had typical Valyrian features. It's safe to say that the blood has remained pure by Valyrian standards.
This is where the family tree becomes more defined. Corlys' grandfather is Daemon Velaryon, son of Aethan Velaryon, & brother of Alyssa Velaryon. Daemon Velaryon is married to an unknown woman, who bore him 3 sons & at least 4 daughters. From those 3 sons, 1 of them was the father of Corlys, as he was fathered by Lord Daemon's eldest son. This eldest sons wife is also completely unknown. This would be Corlys' mother.
With Velaryons being a seafaring House, it's not far-fetched to picture a scenario in which a Velaryon finds themselves in ethnically different regions, & perhaps on one voyage, Daemon Velaryon, or his eldest son; Corlys' father, could have entered a relationship & marriage with an ethnically different person.

Attached: 1654294022110.jpg (4300x2418, 1.96M)

/+dphNwrtQTPM3frX3ZA1tQ==/
/bUDsPvYkzS4zmBjvF+fJ7A==/
/HTUee464U7dm/d5Lt5HnHg==/
/wO2DpevdFExtF/O7N6FPlQ==/
/dsh8ySOF08pNqkT9w4ot0Q==/
/Y19Ktl/aKTgW8yhyhDpVUQ==/
/9V9heckc2iYJ2rIch35V2g==/
/NUoJ/wIfKrMR5qg3DplWSQ==/
/K+/dPA1Azc4RtJhQ2ciSBg==/
/Em8UowUeUuwmXy8odiw+0Q==/
/zYRu+MsetAJ1TD+tZ0syHg==/
/O6Y7mnQpjhOY4H40rbzCsQ==/
/kHJCUpq6rz/fBo4o688lQA==/
/9LMlJigAgugDOZ3+6Ep+4g==/
/ODoiJYGLMl2kqAlaXx5Jqw==/
/Nd2dDA6VDa4z8osr3aBGYg==/
/leOgGgKTeokUBw5z0W6rDQ==/
/ltp2rdfsdSPFH1QkCIBCGA==/
/6AeG2EYPkHzTBJB8kwU96g==/
/l+JSMwUgf6hZGvqxcvi4JQ==/
/CDyo1XndrwuUqIIFF3WbwQ==/
/9PZsZcEIwuAJ8NhD8Nlggg==/
/NVZMIgDqXj0lZ6GZ8uaU4A==/
/qaVfL6ZKKR4oP+uJzRDIOA==/
/TgDvV1fTYI1U1n7FgObqGw==/
/0X2tWM8yYeRLiLz/Rq+mkg==/
/msdzfXt9LnRQsrVRFtNNZw==/
/NNsB8KfEv+hss4I5Iv8zrw==/
/8ymhts2dwYLzoFngStLoRQ==/
/8E9HM7qlgErZcQXAo7VLaQ==/
/tjC/cLqidFKNzzdR+3FLhw==/
/i8cg06iMfOVn+2wFyPwxEw==/
/3/rF2vD9Jq/NB3P9yCHXyQ==/
//2D1C77pqcGjzK3wBBAt4Q==/
/1jy5gdsphpWsBUK6jmRdxA==/
/2ZHnTFswCUekwPlP9K9rMg==/
/tNBBWnTZZqnGGw+PfnG6jA==/
/GKIOsgxSbxLRphl7cTn2aA==/
/nMtUEgO+PqpBNArF4SIbag==/

Its me or just look like geralt from the games

The showrunners are right. I’m glad they made the Velaryons black, it’s a big refreshment from the usual tv shows that have nothing but white people. I think it’s very important to make ASOIAF a universe that is friendly to all groups of people to draw in as many fans as possible.

I also particularly liked how they built the show around the perspectives of Rhaenyra and Alicent, which is a nice deviation from the original game of thrones which had alternating POV’s and no real main characters. It’s going to be very eye opening to see from the perspective of women just how deeply traditional and patriarchal westeros really is.

Attached: 3787C765-024F-4FC4-B467-E3F55719364E.jpg (856x856, 186.07K)

Post this on reddit where it belongs

4/7
>Summer Islander Theory
It could be assumed that either Daemon Velaryon or his eldest son married & impregnated a Summer Islander woman, & the resulting children were dark of skin, yet while Corlys & his immediate family have not been described appearance wise, his children with Rhaenys Targaryen have. Laena Velaryon is described as having a great mane of silver-gold ringlets, Laenor Velaryon has silver-white hair, & purple eyes, & his rumored bastards with Marilda of the Hull, both have silver hair & purple eyes, & curiously, one of them, Addam Velaryon, is a dragonseed & has the ability to dragonride, despite him not being a pureblooded Valyrian. The fact that these are sons of Laenor is up for debate, as they have been rumored to be Corlys Velaryon's bastards, as Laenor Velaryon is most likely a homosexual, & would not have sired any children.
>SPECULATION
A possible explanation for Addam's dragonriding ability is that Marilda, being an inhabitant of Driftmark, could have been a dragonseed herself, maybe a pureblooded bastard somewhere in the family tree. She could have been offspring of a Velaryon/Targaryen concei
ved during the right of the First Night that was abolished, which could give her children the dragonriding gene.

Attached: 1634796192962.jpg (1200x771, 79.54K)

TEAM DAEMON GET IN

Attached: daemon.jpg (1023x682, 101.89K)

wtf is this shit, stop spamming

What is this? A hash to filter?

holy shit, what a downgrade
feminism was a mistake

5/6
>Targaryen Pairings
Moving onto Rhaenyra's children with Laenor, I think it is safe to say that they are all bastards, considering the strong possibility of Laenor being homosexual & none of the 3 of their children have any Valyrian traits, carrying brown hair & eyes. Not typical for a pureblooded pairing, & considering his sister Laena's children with Daemon Targaryen, Baela & Rhaena, have silver hair & purple eyes, we can say for certain that the Velaryons are purebloods, & will pass down the Valyrian traits if paired with a Targaryen.
*It should be noted that none of the Velaryons descendants make it into the main Targaryen line following Viserys II. For all intents & purposes it seems at this point in time House Velaryon are done with unions between them & House Targaryen, as there has not been any important pairings between the two houses since the end of the Dance of Dragons, aside from the illegitimate bastard Daemon Blackfyre sired by Aegon IV & Daena Velaryon.*
With all this on the table, Corlys Velaryon & his era of House Velaryon being of dark skin is not far-fetched at all. Despite Corlys' dark skin, they have successfully managed to pass down the Valyrian traits of silvery-white hair & purple eyes to every pairing with Valyrian blood they have entered since before the days of Aegon I. What this means to me is that regardless of the color of the skin & what different ethnic individual bore children, if there is Valyrian blood, it will get passed down & the children will be born with Valyrian features. The reason we don't see a change in skin color down the Targaryen line is because the Velaryons don't follow the Targaryen line past the reign of Aegon III, excluding Aegon IV's marriage with Daena.

>I wish i could save her from pozzed feminism

she's just rebelling against the characters her parents forced her to play as a child actor.