We often have those "Choose your orc" threads...

We often have those "Choose your orc" threads, but I just noticed on my nth rewatch that really only the orcs are shown in detail. Rohirrim and Gondorian soldiers are just these blurred madmen like pic related, while there are many many orcs that we all remember, such as the happy bowman orc and the maggoty bread orc.
Any ideas or speculations, why is it like this? I'm not complaining though, the orc props and makeup is topnotch and they are hilarious to look at.
Also choose your orcs in this thread!

Attached: mad lad.jpg (1326x748, 50.39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kGKRSBaZ9oU
youtu.be/Ao9PhasF7oY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I like this concerned orc very much.

Attached: concerned orc.jpg (1015x738, 64.71K)

I think it's selection bias due to orcs being inherently more physically distinctive and also comedic.

I remember this guy and a few others.

Attached: Haethen.jpg (250x250, 24.88K)

Good bunch of the human extras are played by women (especially the riders), so they aren't shown in detail. They also avoid showing too many recognizably distinct good guys in order not to confuse the audience by implying they should remember some rando who appears for a moment.

And this guy.
I also remember the Rohirrim kid, Haleth I think, but he's more of an actual character.
I think that's another reason for your bias - the memorable humans are actual speaking characters.

Attached: ok87tswehzu41.jpg (633x411, 71.94K)

This guy too.

Attached: lotr3_movie_screencaps.com_7728.jpg (1200x633, 85.45K)

my heart swelled with compassion for him.
with more orcs like him in charge, perhaps there wouldn't have had to have been so much bloodshed.

And then this loser, probably a homeless guy off the Wellington streets

Attached: FD5oFnAUYAU5U0j.jpg (352x352, 16.95K)

new zealand literally have an auckland

Attached: orcland natives.jpg (460x460, 45K)

Haleth and Aldor have models in MESBG from Games Workshop. Haleth encourages other Rohan men and Aragon to fight better, and Aldor always shoots first in the Shooting Phase no matter what

Attached: Haleth and Aldor.jpg (920x950, 74.45K)

I always remember this guy, because he represents accurately how much I would be shitting my pants in his situation.

Attached: ohfuckohfuck.png (1110x459, 751.99K)

Love Guritz.

Attached: Guritz.png (470x667, 488.37K)

I heard Steven Spielberg used to employ homeless persons when he shot a movie in a new area, maybe this fella right here is one of them

I was always a little sad about how weak and pathetic the soldiers of Gondor were generally shown. They look cool and bulky as fuck and have been staring down Mordor all this time. They should have been shown with more mental fortitude

Apparently a lot of the human extras were women so they're probably blurry so you can't tell.

Jesus fuck, how long are GW gonna milk LOTR for? That's literally scraping the bottom of the barrel.
Also, double checked.

Attached: 1652876457171.jpg (746x1024, 60.44K)

For me it's the Archer Orc who is really happy that he fired his arrow into the incomming charge

youtu.be/kGKRSBaZ9oU

>STILL ALIVE!!

Attached: orcguy1.png (583x441, 319.55K)

>They also avoid showing too many recognizably distinct good guys in order not to confuse the audience by implying they should remember some rando who appears for a moment.
wtf how stupid is an average moviegoer

>Jesus fuck, how long are GW gonna milk LOTR for?
Not much longer, Embracer Group bought the rights from Middle-Earth Enterprises, where GW (and New Line Cinema) got their license from. Embracer Group owns Atomic Mass Games, which makes the Star Wars Legion tabletop game. GW's license runs out in 2026(?) and that'll probably be the end of it for them an Atomic Mass Games will start making the replacement for it. Which is a shame, because despite GWs bullshit MESBG is one of their best games.

Attached: Gimli stare.png (632x481, 375.99K)

Just recently stumbled on this on youtube. He is a very valuable uruk.
youtu.be/Ao9PhasF7oY

*wheeze*
we ain't going...
*cough*
nowhere...
*heavy breathing*
until we've had a little...
*dies of pneumonia*
BREATHER

Attached: breather.jpg (1379x597, 29.96K)

What do you want?

Attached: file.png (1000x607, 453.6K)

My business is my own you darn boomer

Attached: BWq9Dx.gif (320x181, 1.8M)

Can you imagine being the last Uruk killed by Boromir? Dude's already killed like a hundred of you with the same horizontal swing again and again and now he has two thick as fuck arrows sticking in his chest. And still he just smashes your head in.
Not a good look.

Attached: yep thats me.jpg (1107x608, 84.7K)