JUST

>"And the astroturfed reviews, they're going to get eyeballs on this, right?" asked Jeff Bezos "After all, this was a billion fucking dollars for one of the most beloved books and profitable movie series. The Silmarillion should be an easy cash cow."
>"Peter Thiel named his fucking surveillance company after the Silmarillion, and this is what you give me."

Attached: bezos-death-stare.jpg (1200x600, 59.8K)

He never said that

>"OH N-"
- Jeff Bezos upon seeing the Rings of Power viewership numbers

they unironically don't have the rights to Silmarillion though lmao, they're making a corpofic that can only use characters mentioned in the appendices to Return of the King

Damn I really want to see Bezos as a villain in a movie it'd be so fun

the generic bald bad guys in both shazam and ant man seemed to be directly based on him

unironically kill his own series

Attached: B474A999-D755-4AEA-A0D4-417C53617406.jpg (400x400, 27.37K)

Like fourteen people ever have liked the Silmarillion. It's harder to get through than LOTR by so much it's actually a common joke. And this is the age in which people were genuinely able to fuck up The Hobbit, which has consistently been the cash cow of the series.

good. he should be giving back after making nearly a trillion dollars off books selling. and he got it good for him, a billion dollars is literally pocket change for him.

That south park episode did it

>the Silmarillion
it was a naked cash grab by his son who claimed he spent "years" piecing it together. went it first released critics (being unable or unwilling to shill for Christopher) and fans (recognizing it for what it was) lambasted it.
Oddly enough, around the time Bezos was trying to acquire the rights to it, critics started heaping praise on it. The praise died down after Bezos failed to get the rights; purely a coincidence I'm sure.

>t. only knows of the book through wikipedia

Tolkien tried to get Silmarillion published before he wrote LOTR. This means he must have had at that time a complete version of Silmarillion he was satisfied with. Christopher probably had a solid foundation to work with.

He can make such series for every week in a year and still stay multibillionaire.

net worth isn't the same as having the cash or even access to that cash value.

This guy has read none of the books and just does google searches to write boring posts on Any Forums.
also very probably a tranny or sexless balding man considering becoming one

I read the Silmarillion a long time ago and it's not that hard to get through, the problem is that very little remains over time in my memory. Completely unlike the Witcher books, for example

He'd just be Blofeld

right so you can never be asked to prove that you read the Silmarillion, that's cool, user

I read it in 2010. Give me a break, man

Attached: FEA375EA-4C25-4AE9-AA49-4B2BDB68280F.jpg (379x488, 41.68K)