ManBearPig ruined it

Knocked an easy 10/10 down to 8/10 at best.

Attached: TheTerror.jpg (2905x3850, 1.81M)

filtered, tunbaaq was kino, the face resembled the face of the captain, it was a metaphorical mirror of his own cannibalistic impulses

>the face resembled the face of the captain
based faceblind retard

Yeah, I gotta agree. Should have been a normal polar bear, not like they aren't ravenous and murderous anyway due to living in the middle of nowhere

If it was a polar bear everyone would be whining about the eskimos not being able to actually tame a polar bear, this way you know for sure that it’s a spirit creature.

modern artists be like "the bear in the book has a long neck, thats unrealistic, give him human eyes and ears, thats better"

>the thing the entire show is about ruined the show

>ManBearPig ruined it
No, the writing and direction did.
How do people not realize that they get progressively worse after the first few 10/10 episodes?

yeah loved it but came very close to turning it off when ever manbearpig turned up

Yes it did.

It was a normal polar bear. The lead in the food caused hallucinations, which spread through fear from the original person.

>everyone would be whining about the eskimos not being able to actually tame a polar bear
Eskimos wouldn't even need to be involved. According to the eskimos themselves, they weren't involved at all beyond noticing some of the crew trying to trek across the land.

>eets dat monstah det looks loike early 2000s discuvry channel cgi
>aaa eets gonna make us watch ameri'un choppa reeruns forevaaaaaaa
>AAAAAAAAAAAAA OI'M GOOOOOIN INSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOINEEEEEEEE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
>nooooooo mista teutul oi dunno where paulie ees no moaaa NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWW

State your age. I'm 32 and I still thought this would have taken away from the show massively if it was just a normal bear.

I really don't think a normal polar bear could climb a mast and be blown off of it.

bizarre flex but I'll oblige, 29. It was pretty much a normal bear from what I remember other than the retarded CGI, book was more open ended about whether it was a real creatura or just an old normal bear that everybody made stories about

It wasn't really there for that. They hallucinated that part.

It's a metaphor for syphilis you retards

This has got to be one of the stupidest posts I ever seen

Shouldn't have been so super obvious it was super natural yeah

first rule of moviemaking: never reveal (or explain) too much about the monster, and/or do not give it too much "humanity"

Attached: 6777978_orig.jpg (509x800, 250.26K)

Never seen this show, but this thread has just made me torrent the first season.

Its v. good

There's a painting of this bear tearing through the crew in an exam hall at my old uni (rhul). They cover it up during exams because it is cursed and causes bad grades.

>tunbaaq
>turn back

Woah

Attached: thinkin bats.webm (500x263, 120.28K)

>I'm closer to death of old age, making me the victor

Attached: preview[1].jpg (1280x720, 27.22K)

>He thinks that there aren't ancient spirits wandering the untouched wilderness
Oh user. How I wish I could be as naive as you.

Attached: lollmaoeven.jpg (345x336, 13.79K)