The best zombie movie ever made. Care to prove me wrong? I doubt you can

The best zombie movie ever made. Care to prove me wrong? I doubt you can.

Attached: 883245.jpg (786x1161, 434.17K)

people wont like this, but its true

>The best zombie movie ever made
It's pretty good but it's not Return of the Living Dead.

I watched the og one, for the first time, last year. And I can't choose between them.

Not the best but close. Top 3 along with REC and the absolute best, 28 Days Later.

That's a good movie but it's weak sauce in comparison to DoTD remake. Very lackluster characters. I do give it points for the running zombies being fucking terrifying and innate body horror of never being able to die alongside the punk aesthetic though. But there's a lot of shit aspects to it as well

I don't see how 28 Days or REC excel compared to DoTD. Why did you find them better?

Attached: 743543.png (735x729, 234.45K)

People deify old stuff too much in my opinion. Yes, Tetris is a cultural staple and paved the road for many innovations, but are would you really say it's a superior game to something like RDR2?

Acknowledge such classics for their place in history all you want, but there's really no need to pretend it's superior to the remake which is a far better movie overall.

>amazing opening, still unsurpassed
>then they get to the mall, which is almost entirely empty of zombies, and sit on their asses for 70 minutes
>a dozen boring characters with shit dialogue doing nothing at all
>utterly retarded zombie baby scene
>based andy
>retarded plan that gets andy killed for no good reason
>welp, time to go
>action packed ending
>credits
it's B+ at best. everyone forgets there's a really shit movie sandwiched between the few really good bits. the characters all suck and are interchangeable, the script is awful, and the action is spread too thin. the movie runs out of momentum the second they go up that elevator 20 minutes in.
it's a favourite amongst retards who have only seen three zombies movies. if you're comparing it to 28 days later then it's no wonder it blew your tiny mind.

the first one has too much preamble, it's like 40 minutes before they even get to the mall, I don't need to see five minutes of some dipshit cop with two rifles asking everyone boarding a helicopter if they have cigarettes, brevity is the soul of wit as billy shakespeare used to say

>REC
Better horror movie, more claustrophobic thanks to being trapped inside the building and everything being dark as fuck. Must have been hard to film in those conditions lol. The mystery at the end makes for an excellent ending too.
>28 Days Later
Better film, less schlocky action and more reflective on human nature, both good stuff and bad stuff without trivializing it as a critic to consumerism, all this without dismissing the action or the zombies which is the true important stuff. Just watched Cargo which does just that and it's absolute trash.

>70 minutes of doing nothing
They're trapped user, the world around them is nothing but radio silence. Im not sure what direction you have in mind - all they can do is wait for what they hope will be rescue

>zombie baby
Unfathomably retarded scene - it really really is.

>fast zombies
dropped
next you'll be telling me dragons only have 2 legs and vampires sparkle in sunlight

You forgot the general stupidity of the characters. Especially letting that fat dying whale in the wheelbarrow into the mall. She already looked like a zombie for fucks sake.

Shaun of the Dead

Fast zombies are better than slow zombies simply because they pose a bigger threat. The bigger the threat, the bigger the excitement when watching the movie. Slow zombies are shit and there's no point in being a traditionalist over something as dumb as zombies.

Koreans are the only ones to get fast zombies right.

>if you're comparing it to 28 days later then it's no wonder it blew your tiny mind.
Don't be an asshole. I really liked 28 days but the gore and zombies in DoTD felt a lot more real and scary than 28 - probably owing to the larger budget and talented makeup artists. I once read an article about how they used different effects throughout the movie, so earlier on it's more "fresh" looking and later on there's a lot of congealed blood and nasty decomposed, starved faces. There's also the factor of there being a LOT more zombies in dawn compared to the relatively few zombies in 28. They're both great movies but you haven't really given any reasons as to why it's not the best beyond shitting on it for the baby scene (which I agree was low taste and sucked).

>re: REC
REC was good but it didn't blow my hair back so much. I'm willing to write this one off to subjective taste
>re: 28 days later
Schlocky action is THE staple of zombie movies, come on. Another good movie but I think it nosedived hard after the little girl's dad got infected, humans are le real bad guys has never been done particularly well in zombie fiction

You're looking at it through the lens of somebody familiar with such fiction. Remember that none of the characters actually knew how the shit spread until the fat goblina and the balding father got bitten and turned

Also, Ana was a lot more devastated over Michael's death than she was over her husband's death.

You forgot to post one of your bug ladies, K-pop spammer

>dead body
>capable of running fast
choose one
you probably liked World War Z too

>dead body moving at all
Dumb argument. If we're going with realism, you shouldn't like any zombies at all.

>You're looking at it through the lens of somebody familiar with such fiction. Remember that none of the characters actually knew how the shit spread until the fat goblina and the balding father got bitten and turned
True, but common sense dictates that if someone looks like they are turning into one of the "creatures" killing everyone, they would at least quarantine them.

They did do that, remember? I rewatched it last week so I can't give you shit for not remembering but the fat woman died pretty much immediately and then they quarantined the dad who had a bite until he died.

I don't have any pictures of them. I only watch their zombie, detective, and mob movies.