What was his endgame? Destroy Khazad Dum and then....???

What was his endgame? Destroy Khazad Dum and then....???

Attached: Balrog_-_FOTR.png (2282x1611, 2.61M)

Go back to sleep.

pass as a woman

Chill

Not really he just had to show off because of an equal level mage coming through. I think every balrog is waiting for the end of the world, the return of melkor to middle earth.

Ostensibly, it was working under its original purpose, which was destruction, so it likely would have moved on to another target after it was done with Khazad Dum. I mean, the only reason it was even still in there was that it couldn't open the door to leave.

They got their shit wrecked in a previous age so they were hiding underground. Imagine you're sleeping until the coast is clear and some dwarves wake your ass up. You fuck them up and resume your siesta.

He was just trying to sleep and wait for Melkor to show back up.
First the dwarves wake his ass up and then a fucking Maiar comes walking through.

Be destroyed by a woman

Redevelopment of the old dwarven fortress into a mixed use community for affluent professionals of middle earth. High end shopping and luxurious condos.

>Wake up
>See this
I'd be pissed too.

Attached: 3274AFB8-5EFC-49D7-BE16-2C44DBC3D700.gif (312x312, 201.63K)

Sleeping until his boss returns.

Balrigs got btfo so hard they hid themselves underground. Niggas wouldnt even come out knowing that Sauron was fucking shit up.

Probably go on the Truman show I think.

It is actually revealed in one of Tolkien's Letters that the Balrogs do NOT support Sauron's bid for power in Middle-earth. There seems to be unanimous agreement among the Balrogs that Sauron's views on higher education, zoning, and voter ID laws are far too radical, with many fleeing to the tax-havens that are the mines.

>NO THOUGHTS
>HEAD EMPTY
>DESTROY SHIT

I think it was- AAAHHHHH FUCK I"M ON FIRE PLEASE SOMEBODY KILL ME!!!

Why didn't some dwarves escape to get help when the balrog was about to wipe them out? It's not like it's particularly fast, and some must have been pretty close the exits.

Durin's Bane?

Attached: 139483627938.png (569x802, 563.16K)

>Ostensibly, it was working under its original purpose, which was destruction
>original purpose
Balrogs weren't created by Melkor. They were Maiar who decided to join him in the ancient days before even The Lamps.

He had no goal for that time period. He was unearthed by the dwarves so he started a local genocide. If anything he was dormant awaiting the return of Melkor.

>tfw this guy being a retarded comedy character is going to make the Balrog look like less of a chad

Attached: Second-Age-Dwarves[1].png (1200x676, 1.58M)

Fucking hell.

He’s a Big Maiar.

Dude had it made the guy basically slept all the time in his chasm and had 100s if not 1000s of goblins worshipping his old ass.

Yeah Gandalf was slightly concerned about the remaining Balrogs possibly joining Sauron, but unless I'm misremembering things the Balrogs didn't really give a hoot about him and probably could have usurped him if they decided to as a group. Durin's Bane's was able to counter-spell Gandalf without even seeing him so he was nearly on Sauron's level of power.

Attached: asdasdasd.png (744x618, 410.5K)

He was hiding from the irs and waiting for the end of the fiscal year

Hide until Morgoth comes back and forces him to fight

>forces
The Balrogs are maiar that served him waaay before Sauron. They are completely faithful to him and will jump into certain death for him.

>He’s a Big Maiar
For you