Word of Author

GRRM himself considered making the Valyarians Black.

grrm.livejournal.com/326474.html?thread=17886026#t17886026

He was also heavily involved in producing House of the Dragon. He is just using his old idea, in a adaption now that he has the chance. Its clear you guys just want a excuse to be racist.

Attached: 31886183-3e785d30ed805b6e99f2ecfab86baa04.png (1234x911, 256.59K)

>considered making the Valyarians Black.
But they aren't, lol.

LAWD

>the idea came to me 20 years late
So he had an original idea and then 20 years of american propaganda made him consider ''hmm what if blacks were kings of white ppl''.
What a fucking hack. Retard should have focused on publishing the sixth book sometime in the last 11 years than thinking of ways he could have inserted race politics into his story, if only that had been trendy in the 90s when he wrote them.

Did it ever occur to him that he should finish his fucking books?

LAWD DEM DRAGUNZ

Well he obviously made the right choice. Black gentry ruling over a European-inspired continent with an iron fist is such a novel/wacky little thing that it couldn't help but come off as some type of weird wish fulfillment thing (like Wakanda) or fetish. Much better to feature blacks only as dignified traders or aristocrats in exile like Xho.

>He is just using his old idea

just a coincidinc that he's using an old idea (one of millions of ideas that he had and didn't use in the course of writing his lengthy book series) that just happens to conform to his employer's corporate social justice mission statement hehe whoops

LAWDY LAWD DAT ICE N FIYAH SANGIN

is every thread you amerimutts make about how everyone else ALSO has to partake in your constant nigger worship? just stop

You failed to hyphenate "aristocrats in exile" so why the heck should I take illiterate racists like you seriously?

You do know this is a story right? A author changing a detail from the book, to a TV adapation is a lot more respect that most adapations get.

He already realised from writing the books, that he started the Stark kids off too young, and so okayed the show aging them up.

He hasn't written the next book, because he introduces too many plot threads, with the Faegon, writing through the planned timeskip, Daenerys slave crusade, Euron, etc. He clearly doesn't care about writing it anymore, and prefers other projects.

>Considered
Meaning he didn't do it dummy. Holy shit you're dumb.

Attached: 1660180051278341.gif (147x147, 1.96M)

>Rowling engages in retarded retconning
>The fat hack engages in retarded retconning
Tolkienbros... we won

Besides, the Valyrians are obviously derivative of the Melniboneans. The big visual difference being that the albino/pale Elric's appearance has been applied to Valyrian society as a whole

Yes, he wrote this blog post in 2013 responding to randoms, so that in 2022, nearly a decade later they could do this. Do you really think HBO operates on that timescale of preparing?

Fuck off. The casting is totally political activist bullshit and there is no good justification. What you posted doesn't even support your inane conclusions. You fucking idiot.

>So he had an original idea
Raymond E. Feist came up with dragon lords called Valheru in 1982. Valyrians are an obvious rip-off.

Hm, but this is a prequel after the Targayrens have already been established as looking exactly like they do in the books (excluding the purple eyes), so it makes it's really, really funny when you see mixed race children running around in white wigs and talking about blood purity.

Bloodraven is literally Elric too

that wasn't the point i was making, no

Also,
>Virgin Martin
>"NOOOOOOO HOW DO I DO A TIME SKIP"
>Chad Feist
>"And this next chapter takes place three years after the previous one, and you're getting a three-sentence synopsis of what happened in-between, pleb."

Hes not using it since the targs are a mix of black and white actors
its like the shills on lotr who kept posting the harfoots are darker of skin and thats why they cast that black man but it turned out most of the harfoots are white

I was being very generous saying GRRM had an original idea

Moorcock seems to be really underrated as an influence on fantasy. I'm not even a huge Elricfag but once you discover its existence, you keep noting the things that appear to be inspired by it.

>GRRM himself considered making the Valyarians Black.
ALL OF THEM, not one. Because they were a SINGLE ethnic group. Martin isnt a retard, the only reason he pretends to be fine with what happened to the show is because the alternative was making the starks black, the first men and all of westeros black and oppressed by the andals and of course empire of ash. HBO wanted nigger dragon raiders and martin knew all he couldn't stop them

>Once, in the halls of the Red Keep, Daella had encountered a prince from the Summer Isles in his feathered cloak, and squealed in terror. His black skin had made her take him for a demon.
You lose faggot. Kys.

>>"NOOOOOOO HOW DO I DO A TIME SKIP"
I'm still at a loss as to why he didn't do the time skip. Would have worked better for the Starks/Dany and with other characters, I am sure he could have made it work. Imagine the first Dany chapter in a time skipped 4th book where it ends on a cliffhanger of Tyrion suddenly appearing out of nowhere and then it's revealed in subsequent Tyrion/Dany POV's that he's been her Hand for a while now and we can still explore how much mental anguish he's in, in the grips of intense alcoholism, etc.

Elric and The Fortress of the Pearl basically inspired all the shadesmar/telranrihod shit in Jordan and Sanderson, imo.

Time skip would have made more sense for Cersei hitting the wall too and how this plays into her identity/ego crisis.

>i couldnt make them black because itd be racist to make them as interesting
lol

Yeah, I really don't understand how so many people have trouble understanding that the issue isn't "having black people," it's making the Valyrian expats multi-ethnic when they're supposed to be an extremely uniform and inbred ethnic group.

The fat hack is trying to turn his books into MCU.
He will probably never finish his books because he is too busy marketing his capeshit x grimdark fantasy.
Anything else is cope.
Should've picked a fantasy series written by an author with integrity.

No, you get chapter after chapter of Tyrion in a menagerie with fucking Penny.

There's not really any parallel of blacks ruling over a European society (no, Spain does not count). It's such a bizarre without parallel idea that, as I wrote elsewhere, it would only come across as wish fulfillment or fetish, as well as inevitably get him accused of RAYCISM for the black family being a bunch of mentally unstable inbreds, with a lot of them also being physically deformed in addition to mentally unwell

Cool, still not watching

You used the word "heck" so why the niggerino should he take a redditor faggot like you seriously?

Attached: FGI77cFXEAI21pD.png (674x669, 364.4K)

By the time of the Dance of the Dragons, Aegon's conquest is 130 years ago, and the Targayrens had been on Dragonstone even longer. Some of them could have already mixed with the Westerosi, while others hadn't yet.

Persians pratisced incest in the royal line, as did Egyptians. Didn't stop some of them from being greeks, some of them being Central Asian nomads, some from Sudan, etc.

user I....