I believe video games has far surpassed tv or movies in story telling

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 87.01K)

No. Grow up manchild

american venom mission is kino

pic unrelated?

Imagine thinking this is some novel idea when ffx was released over 20 years ago.

nah, it was decent but still not really movieworthy, the tone was too inconsistent overall.
if you want a videogames story done right and mature rather play bloodborne, its one of the rare occasions where a game trumps books and films in terms of story.

So why did you post a movie?

if these game were tv shows they'd be instant classics

You have to be an utter brainlet to consider RDR2 story as anything other than long winded mediocrity. Sorry well timed music and good voice acting tricked you but well acted cartoon characters are still cartoon characters.

>imagine saying one medium is better than the other
I believe books have far surpassed video games in story telling

absolutely not

take your own advice, loser

rdr2 is shit though. thats as someone who finished it and gave it a fair go

>Oh cool let's play a game about how John's gang fragmented and Dutch went crazy
>It turns out 90% of the problems were caused by an obviously terrible person with massive plot armour until the end of the game, who was never mentioned in the original

I cannot think of a single game that has ever surpassed cinema in regards to storytelling, let alone be on equal grounds to it.

no fuck off i thought micah were going to be misunderstood hero where people judge on his appereance but turns out hes the traitor all along, nice writing the Any Forumsirgin

Planescape: Torment I guess. The only game that cannot be adapted into a movie form, because then it loses the point.

games like planescape torment come to mind, but its been awhile.

Oh shit I wasn't thinking about Planescape.
>The only game that cannot be adapted into a movie form, because then it loses the point.
That's most games. Even if a game's setting might be worth utilizing (pic related), you are still taking away the interaction that sets games apart from other media. That's not even getting into the visual art direction, ost, mechanics, etc that can never be replicated in film.

Attached: 1656645229511.jpg (1450x1600, 352.25K)

>Planescape mind
That really updated my journal.

RDR1 is better