Silence (2016)

Just marathoned this

What did I think of it?

Attached: p12901833_p_v8_ac.jpg (960x1440, 443.86K)

This movie filtered me. I found it incredibly boring and dull

kino, and to top it off, the jap who didnt understand but nevertheless continued to want to be a christian is a masterpiece of a character, come straight from Dostoyesvki almost

Great movie

It's a shame this was a passion project because it was unfocused and muddled. If you got something out of it, good for you.

One of the best from Scorsese, redemption from The Last Temptation of Christ

its The Mission for people with more than double digit IQ.
A lot of people people don't understand the apostatizing and think lmao just throw away your religion but that totally misses the point of the movie. The movie is about pride its stated multiple times by Rodrigues himself that he views the Japanese people as lesser and that he views his struggle as a martyr above their suffering.
He also makes multiple parallels to himself and Christ, what this does is establish that he is prideful and unwilling to give in for his own sake. The part where he looks in the water and see's himself as Christ only for the reality of being captured to set in helps illustrate this. Kichijiro is the embodiment of this as he views him with almost contempt for his willingness to apostatize to not suffer the consequences of being Christian despite truly believing in Christ.
He prays to god but only receives Silence its not until he is apostatizing that he finally hears the voice of god reaffirming him that letting go of his pride to release the Japanese Christians from their suffering was the right thing to do.

based japs dabbing on christcucks

Attached: basedjap.png (881x783, 807.74K)

i wish there were more movies with this kind of feeling, this sort of harsh and glorious and powerful reality of the past

Stockholm syndrome mindset. Someone murdering people of their own volition and blaming YOU for their deaths is not your fault or responsibility. If someone said you had to cut your cock off or they’d shoot someone every day that doesn’t mean you are killing them by not castrating yourself. It’s still the unreasonable murderers fault

thats bullshit thinking and comparison. Conversion is not something innocent or peaceful thing to do in a foreign country with foreign gods

It was the wrong choice though. It would be like Christ before the synedrium to deny He is God just to spare suffering for himself and disciples. Or the countless martyrs throughout the centuries.
Him having the pride issue doesnt change the truth of which option was the correct one.
Jesus voice scene was unchristian.

Jesus is Jesus, a martyr is a martyr, once is God, the other human. How are their situations at all comparable ?

He understood, he was just a scumbag pos

he kinda did, he thought there will always be redemption at the end because he did what he thought one must do to seek forgiveness. His character hits my brain in a way i cant really articulate

You thought it was a piece of shit and prefer the Japanese version from '71.

Attached: Silence (1971).jpg (750x1000, 213.36K)

I thought it was a good movie and it was a good discussion about the mystery of the faith. It's polarizing because everyone will get something different from it.

Andrew died in a CIA stance

Scorsese's best and also only good movie

The Japanese adaptation (1971) portrays the apostasy as wrong funnily enough.

This user is right

he's a sinner who knows he's a sinner and continuously stumbles and fails. He depicts what it means to struggle against your own nature and want to change.

Reminder.

Attached: Herecese.jpg (1125x1124, 252.37K)

>Jesus voice scene was unchristian.
I agree with this. It cuts along the nonsense that Jesus was a hippie, something normies seem to latch onto to make him more agreeable.

yeah but its something else too, its scratching my head, something about his nature, about his sort of evil he does but innocence in doing it, idk, i need to rewatch

wow a genuine brainlet. this doesn’t in any way respond to what I said.