Diadochi need screentime

>Bitter and protracted conflict over the legacy of a fragmented empire
>Lots of intrigue (Almost all Seleucid kings died of assassination, on campaign, or in suspicious circumstances)
>Possibly the most incestuous time & place in history. Plenty of brother-on-sister action to show on screen. Even the commoners were documented to fuck their own sisters.
>Phalangites. More need not be said
>States were always based around Greek minority class lording over native PoC locals, allowing the show to tick diversity quotas without looking out of place
Why hasn't there been a single good movie or series made on the Diadochi? There's so much material.

Attached: g4nmrvt.jpg (736x513, 90.2K)

>epic stuff overload
my body is ready

Attached: E4fFAWMWYAA3vl_.jpg (1200x800, 242.88K)

>War Elephants
>Cataphracts
Imagine all the people missing out on this kino just because they get most of their history from TV and no one will bother to show them.

Attached: vdfbf.jpg (1471x1104, 398.87K)

No one cares about Greekoids. Crisis of the Third Century needs a faithful adaptation.

Are those smurf hats my dude?

Attached: 1661624807276083.png (529x694, 755.82K)

comfy

Attached: 1556659630382.jpg (500x600, 96.38K)

We live in the worst timeline where sword and sandal films petered out in the late 2000s and never made a proper comeback.

Hellenistic period has more where that came from.

Attached: EQinnqbWoAAjW5C.jpg (503x532, 51.79K)

I am a huge diadochi/hellenic era fan and I think there are a few reasons. One is that the upsurge in interest in the Diadochi era and frankly the "non classical" eras of history is kind of new - i think it is honestly heavily driven by the generations grown up from the 90s and forward who got a much broader interest in history thanks to video games, in history (Total war, europa barbarorrum, etc).
The other is that the diadochi wars are just insanely convoluted to adapt to a classical "Linear" story. It's the same reason nobody has done a movie/show story about the french revolutionarys to the end of napoleonic era, despite it being perfect material for "epic intrigue" history a la A song of ice and fire, which is super popular.
An anthology show, each season focusing on someone new could be the way to go. One with Antigonos One eye, another with Pyrrhus, another with say Pontos or Mithridates. Shit writes itself.

Nobody cares about a bunch of brown people fighting among each other.

The same applies to other periods of history like Byzantine-Sassanid Wars etc. A well-done Heraclius biopic could outshine fantasy shit like GoT in every aspect.

Attached: FTct-hVXoAEykor.jpg (900x763, 168.68K)

>almost 20% of documented marriages among egyptians and egyptian greeks were sibling marriages
why they'd do it bros?

Too bad Plebs don't know what that is. Faggots already have a hard time knowing that the Egypt was ruled by Greeks at that point.

The hellenistic age together with bronze age and the late roman empire is still a kino niche historical field that its gatekept from normies and Hollywood. And i want them to remain as such.
So no, thanks.
>t. /his/storian

I suppose to keep the inheritance in the family.
Or they had seen too many Egyptian Hentai,

>One is that the upsurge in interest in the Diadochi era and frankly the "non classical" eras of history is kind of new - i think it is honestly heavily driven by the generations grown up from the 90s and forward who got a much broader interest in history thanks to video games, in history (Total war, europa barbarorrum, etc).
god i hope that is true. as it means there will exist a receptive audience for decades to come. just need to find someone talented, creative, and willing to try new things

Wasnt there a Twitter woke backlash after they casted Gadot as Cleopatra? Half of them wanted an arab woman (as they didnt know she was mostly of greek stock) and the other, even stupidier, wanted a black woman because kangz n'shit

Because Americans think that Greek history is just 300 spartans

shit they could even do something on the Indo Greeks too, or the Greco Bactrians. Some hardy fuckers to survive so long after the fall of the other greek kingdoms. The betrayal of Eumenes would be a red wedding tier shock for normies.

Ancient Israel and Judah were pretty Hellenized

The possibilities are immense. You've got steppe nomads, pajeet empires, Galatian Celts, the gradual rising power of the roman republic towards the end, native unrest, etc... There's so many things going on and so many potential perspectives that you really couldn't ask for more.

>An anthology show,
SAG hates this, it's why virtually all anthologies are British productions

>retarded greeks killing themselves all over the world instead of bleaching asia and africa
one of the saddest episodes in history

Macedonians, Greeks and Persians will be the Negroes in any new Hollywood adaptation.

nobody identifies with them anymore. The Hellenistic nations were destroyed and replaced 2000 years ago and the countries where they used to be don't identify with them anymore
The modern greek identity is created on the 700-350bc period before Alexander and the time as Macedonian subjects, the Hellenistic age and considering themselves Romans from 100bc-1ad until the 1800's has all been memory holed
historical movies and interest is all carried on the back of people identifying them as their ancestors