Besides the script, was there any logical reason Maverick picked Rooster over Hangman...

Besides the script, was there any logical reason Maverick picked Rooster over Hangman? I thought it was pretty obvious Hangman was the better pilot.

Attached: hangman.png (1151x648, 1.06M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z52vVsMdBkc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hangman's ego was writing checks his body couldn't cash

Maverick did too and he ended up an ace pilot.

Hangman wasn’t reliable. He showed his growth at the end when he saves the day.

He wanted to make it up to Rooster for shafting him back when.

Rooster was the only one who actually completed the trench training run as Girl points out.

Besides the script, was there any reason F-35s weren't in the air outside of SAM range to cover their escape and mop up bandits?

F-35s ego was writing checks their body couldn't cash.

It's literally in his name. He leaves you out to hang.

Pay attention next time instead of staring at your phone.

jammers for the bombs, sams for the jet. the f-35 is too fat for the trench

I know we haven't had dog fighting since World War II, but this really hampers the imaginative quality of our miniscule amount of films about dog fighting. The difference here being due to the fact that we have not had any wars since then (among other factors).

Why can't they just create a work of fiction in which we ARE at war with a major nation, like Russia and China.

Imagine seeing fifth generation fighters dog fighting. Instead we got F-17's because of "radar jamming".

Attached: file.png (347x211, 90.29K)

>It's literally in his name.
Except
>Rooster isn't actually a rooster
>Phoenix isn't actually a phoenix
>Coyote isn't actually a coyote
>Payback never gets revenge on someone
>Fanboy is never show to be a fan of anything

He's literally called Hangman because he leaves his his teammates to fend for themselves. They needed to work as a team. They spell it out for you multiple times.

The girl pilot explained why they call him Hangman. Again, pay attention you fucking zoomer.

Also, Rooster is Rooster because his dad is Goose.
Phoenix rose above the ashes of the plane she was in that crashed.

>I know we haven't had dog fighting since World War II
There were dogfights in both Korea and Vietnam

This. Rooster was demonstrated as the first to take one for the team. Also, spelled out for you "Now you know a little something about Rooster." as he was doing the 200 pushups.

I think they're for one pilot only? Not sure.
And to film you have to have an actual pilot in the front and actors in the back acting into camera.
This movie is so fucking good.

>Also, Rooster is Rooster because his dad is Goose.
Then his callsign should be Gosling.

Not really. I'm talking WWII level massive fucking dog fights. You get to see a little bit of it in Dunkirk though.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z52vVsMdBkc

>We haven't had any dogfights since WWII
>There were dogfights in Korea and Nam
>Those don't count because I say so
lol

Sure their last gen shit would still have to make the bombing run, but why not have F-35s circling outside the range of the SAMs to cover their escape?
The last fight is just the Tomcat vs 5th gen without any SAM bullshit, so if there were F-35s in that area, the other jets could have made a run for it and let the superior aircraft fight it out.

I like to pretend this movie took place in the early 00's, the real reason was that the Navy wouldn't allow it.

>cover their escape?
thats not its role. it just is that way

Hangman wasn't a team player, playa.
It's a shame to let Hangman hanging, I quite liked Phoenix and Boob, Rooster was alright too, if they make another movie without Tom Cruise it won't have the same production values and will be another CGI generic movie.

He was using Rooster as bait, to see if anyone would come to snuff him.

Why didn't General Hummell's men on the ground laze the targets to make the bombing possible?

Attached: 7845612354612.jpg (1280x674, 84.49K)