/film/

Thread for the discussion of arthouse and classic cinema.

>/film/ literature
mega.nz/folder/OVIDlQTJ#7L4e8TGqNnbJEFqQzaf8lw
>/film/ charts
mega.nz/folder/87xyiJjZ#3B2eXe2lmN2KbFNNEagggQ
>/film/ directors directory
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qgdYsMPAaFWrAa_7EHLpXqpOHLaDLmytM9wJ5nhGtqs/edit?usp=sharing
>FAQ
pastebin.com/W1ja9dwp

Previous:

Attached: Love.&.Pop.1998.SD.DVD.x264.AC3-TBB.mkv_20210809_043120.210.jpg (1199x897, 201.16K)

I don't think I'm going to go to TIFF this year, but if I were I might see the new Herzog doc and the SATANTANGO restoration.

>I’m not a Truffaut fan that much anyway. There are some exceptions, the main one beingThe Story of Adele H.But for the most part, I feel about Truffaut like I feel about Ed Wood. I think he’s a very passionate, bumbling amateur.

Attached: Truffaut btfo.jpg (1006x1486, 227.87K)

An idiot who ought to stop talking.

Why does this guy like vengeance so much? He barely ever makes a movie about anything else.

Harvard educated upper class directors are the best in cinema.

>Noah Bambauch
>Whit Stillman
>Darren Aronofsky
>Damien Chazelle
>Claudia Weills
>Wes Anderson

Even better than NYU Tisch. They're just better than us. Harvard FTW.

>but muh Tarantino and PTA

The lack of formal education in their work is actually very evident and would have improved them greatly.

>Harvard
Mediocre.
>Tarantino and PTA
We never claimed those.

bump

Truffaut's masterpiece is Day for Night which mogs Godards entire filmography. It is sad he never pushed more experimental features.

One week ago an user asked for a version of this film (The Song of Roland, 1978) with english subtitles. Well, I happen to have one. Where should I upload it?

Attached: F757D491-91B4-467B-8DD3-B18242D01B10.jpg (1200x910, 321.85K)

so much more to say. the elevated amateur being high art is a staple of art cinema, from bresson, de sica, truffaut, to herzog. Tarantino is a studio genre director, but even his spaghetti western heroes were amateurs. I think he knows his work is kind of soulless and is mind fucked by the amount of soul in the truffaut films.

Attached: Love.&.Pop.1998.SD.DVD.x264.AC3-TBB.mkv_20210114_225626.853.jpg (1196x898, 212.59K)

nice link us on a site like file.io I will put it to sub websites. We need people to access this kinski kino.

What are the chances he like Adele H. because of foot scenes?

>Why does this guy like vengeance so much?
He grew up watching shitty 70s B-Movies.

>>but muh Tarantino and PTA
Who are you quoting? Wrong general.

>“He tried Truffaut twice, but he didn’t respond to him. Not because the films were boring (they were), but that wasn’t the only reason Cliff didn’t respond. The first two films he watched (in a Truffaut double feature) just didn’t grab him. The first film, ‘The 400 Blows,’ left him cold. He really didn’t understand why that little boy did half the shit he did,” Tarantino wrote in the novel. “And he thought the mopey dopes in ‘Jules and Jim’ were a fucking drag.”
A broken clock is right twice a day. Not a fan of either. I wouldn't call him an amateur though lmao. He is far up his own ass

Where did Eggers go though?

yea but it is a low blow to hate Truffaut when he inspired so much of what we we have today, from sitcoms to indies, melodramas, you can even see his influence in the spielberg blockbusters.

He's too good for that list of shitters.

Yah but then again who cares what he this hack has to say. He will be forgotten 10 years after he's dead.

How do you all feel about slasher movies?

Attached: 1634492138802.png (1920x1080, 2.26M)

Very homosexual.

love and pop was pretty good.

Attached: 4A00096F-581E-4B1F-A118-161167115B47.jpg (773x600, 498.71K)

I wish Tarantino would be forgotten 10 yeas after he's dead. Kill Bill is one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Why

1fichier

Horror movies are like rape fantasies. They are feminine. It's about the feeling of getting chased, hunted even. If you are a man and like horror movies there's something wrong with you. In fact I can almost hear you squeal
>rape me, daddy

This holds especially true for Slashers with their big, burly male villains.

was interested in this till I saw it's anno. sick of that guy and his giant robot trash

SEETHE
He gets headlines just from reciting an opinion. Now that is an important person.

>and his giant robot trash
so you decide to not watch one of his things that isn't giant robot shit? You're retarded.

Oh, you're that user. Of course.

So does every director you detest. Doesn't mean shit