Just watched this for the very first time ever the other night. Pretty crazy shit...

Just watched this for the very first time ever the other night. Pretty crazy shit, really makes it seem like there wasn't even anything to win.

Attached: p5545_p_v8_at.jpg (960x1440, 211.55K)

i feel like the creators of xmen saw this poster and used it as the model for the villain Apocalypse

How would you rate it out of 10? Would you recommend?

Yeah I could definitely see that, he's apocalypse now

I would say 9/10 definitely good to get high and watch

It's intense, the cinematography is sublime and the themes are great. Might as well be my favourite Coppola.

america killed far more gooks than we lost men, and there are mcdonalds in vietnam now. we won.

watch this too

Attached: hearts of darkness.jpg (580x847, 97.56K)

Nothing happens: the movie. Just flashy mixture of words, cinematography and music.

I'm trans btw. Not sure if that matters.

>having the attention span of a female mouse

The film doesn't mean anything. It's just pseudo-deep.

It's style over substance. You're the woman here.

Probably my favorite film ever made, the absolute peak of cinema. I love that Brando showed up moribdly obese for the role and so they stuck him in the shadows and it made for the one of the best scenes in movie history

>really makes it seem like there wasn't even anything to win
Now consider the source material

Literally so much happens in this movie, nice job outing yourself brainlet

Vietnam probably decided the fate of all life on the planet (it convinced chicom elites that hated Mao to restore capitalism, leading to the current unbeatable imperialist alliance of the US+China).

>People still think it's about Vietnam
It's about Kurtz owning fuckers, going to further lengths to own fuckers, realizing that he's gone too far, but decides to continue owning fuckers because that's what he knows.
Vietnam was just the perfect backdrop for Coppola.

It's crazy to think that Brando showed up looking like Blob and Coppola had already been dealing with everyone's shit by that point. I can't believe he made it out alive. Shit, Martin barely did.

Cope you lost south vietnam the vassal state you set up and sent your soldiers to defend

>really makes it seem like there wasn't even anything to win
Now watch this

Attached: large_iTlO0aSU0x7M8A4SGHSBJSjItuc[1].jpg (400x525, 103.06K)

this movie is a miracle, after watching the documentary explaining how much of a shit show the production was i was shocked by how good the final movie was