Ghost Dog

I don't know how the fuck I was born in '86, and haven't seen Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai yet, but I thank you for this gangster samurai film with Forrest Whittaker made in 1999.

How the fuck have I not seen this shit?

Attached: ghost dog.jpg (380x533, 37.31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DdVOwNyomw4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Have you just seen it or are you just hearing about it? It's truly something else. Jim Jarmusch is one of the greatest

Great movie and a shame it's so obscure.

It's one of those y2k late 90's movies,. You had to be there to enjoy it, can't see how anyone would think this is any good or watchable today, anything that is too style over substance has the risk of going out of style and this is one of those.
Equilibrium is another one, gunfu is cringe.

what a fuckin dumbass. had to be there? you're a fuckin dumbass.

It's a really nice movie. I've only heard of it because of some clip from /wsg/.

Still haven't seen it, I only know about it thanks to Burial's sampling. Perhaps it's time

it's dreamlikekino.

youtube.com/watch?v=DdVOwNyomw4

it's been a long time since i've seen this film. but i remember a few things:
>French speaking icecream man who's obsessed with bears
>using a piece of tape on glass to keep it from shattering
>laser pointer through the sink

other than that, i need to rewatch

Didn't they make a Sega Genesis game out of this movie or am I being Mandala'd

fantastic soundtrack

Not an argument zoomber urbanite.

i stole that cumtown joke where black weeaboos are called ghost dogs

watched it a couple of months. It's was ok, maybe more on the boring side.

Watched it for the first time in 2020, love it.
>gunfu
It's not remotely "gunfu." Kill yourself retard.

Stupidest text I've read this week. Lot of things that have style over substance end up being loved again by people who find it charming at different times.

>laser pointer through the sink

That's a reference to Seijun Suzuki's GOAT avant garde film Branded to Kill (which got him fired from Nikkatsu and blacklisted from making movies for a decade) where the main character played by Joe Shishido is a hired killer and one of his kills is doing a similar stunt.

I think the one flaw the movie has is Ghost Dog working for out of shape elderly loser mobsters. It's kinda funny at first but I think the climax kinda is a lackluster when everyone of the goons is basically borderline retirement age and/or fat.

All I can remember from it was that Forrest Whittaker's form with the katana was so fucking bad that I couldn't take the film seriously.

This used to play all the time when my mom finally got the premium cable package. I can't remember which channel, may have been sundace, ifc or stars but it was always on. It's in that weird nostalgic place for me where I don't actually like it but it reminds me of a certain era in my life of the early 00's when I was 25 and watching movies all day.

equilibrium was bad the moment it came out.

user that's the point
It's got this whole dying end of an era thing