Did it deserve a sequel?

It was kino, but could a sequel with a similar performance be made?

Attached: 56863467.jpg (1200x1800, 143.37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BhYD9jFWcrk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i watched this in the break room of the mcdonalds i worked at.

It was indeed kino, but I still prefer the old cartoons myself.

It was ok.
Strange animations but ok.

I'd rather see The Goon project David Fincher has been working on for twelve years.

Uncanny valley: the movie. Also was too long and convoluted.

I'm sure it was hard to capture the feel of the characters with capture motion, and some people didn't like it anyways.
It's something understandable given the source material we're talking about
>pic related

Attached: 879968708.png (594x531, 307.49K)

I own every Tintin comic and I hated the movie.
The plot was based on Red Rackham's Treasure and they didn't even fucking include the best character from that, Professor Calculus. He's the funniest character in the entire series.

That plus all the action scenes were over the top horseshit. I remember at one point they had arm wrestling shipping cranes. And Captain Haddock fires a bazooka. Terrible hollywood schlock.

I'd rather rewatch one of the mediocre live action Tintin movies from the 60s a hundred times than watch this uncanny valley horse shit ever again

>Spielberg, Peter Jackson
>written by Steven moffat, Edgar wright, Joe Cornish
Holy shit

I think if it gotten a sequel it would have been even better. just seems to be the pattern with this sort of movie.

It was a proper oldschool adventure kino, similar to first Mummy, but I don't think it was successful enough?
Definitely recommend.

I thought it was great, but a lot of people seemed to really hate it. My one complaint maybe is that they deviated pretty far from the books, merging different stories and characters into one but that's just because I've read the comics so much

We were promised a trilogy, I think they were going to do the Destination Moon plot next

Attached: whth8zc5c5771[1].jpg (640x892, 191.63K)

This is a proper fan spergout, as they should be.

I own every comic and I was pleasently surprised because I expected much worse. Professor not being in there was a shame but since he just met Haddock in the movie I thought they were keeping him for the sequel. Even thought the uncanny valley artstyle was a good compromise to do the comics style in cg.

The movie was not very good, and no sequel is deserved.
The action is so stupidly over the top, and Tintin is annoying.

IIRC The context behind this page is that it's Professor Calculus' first time wearing a hearing aid, and he finally heard Haddock talking shit about him clearly (he usually misinterprets his shit talking as something benign), so he gets mad and storms through the facility pissed off as hell

god I love Professor Calculus

Meh. It was ok but something about the story feels off, even ignoring how uncanny Tintin looks.
But there's room for improvement in an eventual sequel.

The cartoons are great because they mimic Herge's style so well

There are some stories we can't get because they were mentioned in the movie as preceding it, so we can assume that they can only make comics coming after Red Rackham's treasure.
They messed up buy not introducing Professor Calculus because he plays a major role on several comics. I'd personally have a sequel of The Seven Crystal Balls and Prisoners of the Sun.

This one is better

Attached: Tintin-et-le-mystere-de-la-toison-d-or.jpg (340x340, 21.73K)

youtube.com/watch?v=BhYD9jFWcrk
Hello, this is beycars1111, and today I am going to show you my Tintin collection. First of all I will start with Tintin in Congo. This was a collectors edition. Then explolers on the moon. Then over there, is The Blue Lotus, Flight 714 to Sydney, Tintin in America, King Ottokar's Sceptre, The Crab With the Golden Claws, The Broken Ear, The Castafiore Emerald, Tintin in the Picaros, Destination Moon, and The Shooting Star.

Then I have two volumes, the first one is volume five which has Red Rackham's Treasure, The Seven Crystal Balls, and Prisoners of the Sun.

I have another volume, in which it has The Calculus Affair, The Red Sea Sharks, and Tintin in Tibet.

Thank you for watching.

for some reason I think about this video every time someone brings up Tintin

Do you guys know any good european comic books other than Tintin, Asterix etc.? I'm not asking it on Any Forums because they are faggots.

Spirou & Fantasio